Alyson Noel's Immortals series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Alyson Noel's Immortals series

Post by bac »

A place to discuss the books by Alyson Noel.

Evermore
Blue Moon
Shadowland
Dark Flame
by Laniyeah on photobucket
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Alyson Noel's Immortals series

Post by vampyre_princess »

Okay so as I'm from the UK I have only had chance to read Evermore... I am getting Blue Moon hopefully this weekend.
I think they are amazing... and I love Damen. I hate Drina, what was up with her talk about jealousy!!
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

hated it. bought Evermore and Blue Moon. they were both horrible rip offs of Twilight without the excitement factor, didn't bother with any of them after that. I was so disappointed, too.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Sami, was it just cause they weren't exciting that got you to dislike them? Cause to be honest I didn't think they were anything like Twilight.. nor were they supposed to be.
I don't automatically compare every book to Twilight, and these aren't the same... Damen's an immortal (not a vampire) and Ever can see auras and read minds etc (Bella can't do any such thing... all she can do {unbeknown to her} is shield her mind from powers that effect it) So not really any comparison.
Please try reading them again, and not try compairing them to Twilight and see if you like them.
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I wasn't comparing them to Twilight on purpose, it was just the same tired story line over and over again. girl loves a boy bu wait he's not a human ooh look at all this tension *yawn*

honestly the thing i really didn't like was that it was just another crappy teen romance with just enough supernatural elements thrown in to make the adoring Twilight fans get curious enough to buy it.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

hmmm. Interesting to read your posts. this was on my list of reads. Now I am not so sure. I agree with Sami I hope that is your name Blasphemous_Contessa, that the story line has been done before regarding human and vampire falling in love. I will say that out of all of them that I have read Twilight for me was the most passionate and can not be topped.
Banner by TammyAZ
A.H
Official Dog Lover!

Post by A.H »

I thought they were twilight rip offs too. I mean they're not exactly the same but there are just too many similarities for me. Even with the cover.. when I was reading it a few of my friends commented on how it looked like the twilight cover. And the second book being called "blue moon". And I agree, the whole storyline has been done before.
Twinny, Layla| Graphics by Narnia| I'm on The List, Hurricane| Randie
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

A.H. You said that the covers even had similarities. I looked them up at my local bookstore's website and the Blue Moon cover looks like Stephenie's Meyers covers that she was deciding on check it out
Banner by TammyAZ
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

I liked them, but that's just me :)
ImageImageImage
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Edwards Ragazza Damen is not a vampire! He is an IMMORTAL, he doesn't need blood to saty immortal, just his elixir.

Cullen_Lover ~ I asked for this thread and I love the books, I hated Roman, how could he be so cruel and trick her like that??
Cause I live in the UK I have only got the 1st 2 books.
♀listv2~Pixie Rose