Scared to leave home?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Scared to leave home?

Post by Pel »

I searched but I didn't find anything like this (although I'm still not sure i know how to do it properly Confused )

anyway I was just wondering if any of you are scared to let go and leave home, like to go to college or leave for a significant amount of time. I feel like leaving to go to Penn State for the month of July is like leaving and letting go of a part of my childhood. I don't know, I know I'm being a little irrational, but still, it's like a defined line between growing up and being grown, and I'm about to cross it by leaving...I don't know. Am I alone in my odd feelings?
Ruby
Learning to Love Green
Location: my body is here, but my head and heart are elsewhere...

Re: Scared to leave home?

Post by Ruby »

I'm scared to leave, but at the same time I'm excited. I'm not a big fan of change, but at the same time I can't wait to leave my family. I guess it's all bittersweet.
ImageImageImageImage
*Vampyr*
Settled in Forks

Post by *Vampyr* »

You're not alone. I want to leave my country (Italy) and to live in the North Europe, I'm young and I got a lot of time to decide, but I'm so scared...I'm afraid of being alone because I'm a very shy person and it's hard for me to make friends!
cutesweetiezzz
Fishing with Charlie

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

I'm not scared to leave home if I'm going on vacation. I'm okay with that because I know I'm going to come back soon. But if I'm leaving home for like college I'm scared because I'm gonna be alone with no one with me. Home provides some find of safety for me. But I'm also excited because it's a new adventure and a new journey for me. A new beginning.
Thank you Camille for making me this banner and being such an amazing friend and person. Love you. <3
Gabbie
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gabbie »

I'm actually quite scared to leave home.
Like,for college next year. I don't HAVE to.. but it would make like a lot easier.
Although I probably won't move until the year after next. I feel bad leaving my mum and brothers..and I don't know. It's weird, but I really don't want to leave like..ever. :shock:
Just the thought of coming "home" after college or work or whatever and it just being you, no screaming brothers or yelling parents,haha. It's weird!
Thanks Lizzy! <3 (AGF)
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

So I'm complicated on this. I do want to be on my own and be independent. But I'm scared for what's going to be out there. I'm scared I'll fail at what I've tried my entire life to do. And I'm scared of taxes and all those bills adults have to pay for.
But leave for vacation or whatever? No big deal.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

debussygirl wrote:So I'm complicated on this. I do want to be on my own and be independent. But I'm scared for what's going to be out there. I'm scared I'll fail at what I've tried my entire life to do. And I'm scared of taxes and all those bills adults have to pay for.
But leave for vacation or whatever? No big deal.

I have got a ways to go before leaving, but I still worry about writing checks, taxes, and bills. They freak me out. So I am mostly scared, but slightly exited.
keight!
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by keight! »

i'm afraid to live on campus, not really moving out of my home.

the college i want to attend is 20 minutes away so i'd rather commute.
i just have this stupid fear that i'll lose all my friends if i move away, even if it's only 20 minutes.
colegurl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by colegurl »

i'm thinking of going to Penn State..luckily for me its only a few minutes drive from me..so i'm not too scared of leaving home...but i wanna move across the country...West Coast!! my parents want me to stick around here, but i wanna get out of this town and out of PA..i just wanna book it as soon as i can! i never planned to stick around here...i started thinking about moving away when i was in 7th grade...so im not scared..i'll miss my family for sure..but its nothing i cant handle
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I am afraid of growing up. College for me a sophomore is like this huge door that you can see and no matter what you do you HAVE to go through it and leave HS behind. I love HS and I don't wanna leave my friends and my family. I am afraid of being in the real world and afraid of leaving my childhood behind.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3