I thought I'd sit down this afternoon and make a little list of my own to add to this thread. Thing was, it kept growing and growing and growing. So here it is, in all its bloated splendor. What can I say, I'm greedy.
I've identified quotes I'd like to see; many of them have specific, substantial scenes that go with them. Naturally, I'm hoping for those scenes (e.g., Rosalie and Jasper's backstories, etc.) to be done as completely as possible.
I've listed these in the order in which they appear in the book, and added a handful of comments of my own here and there.
1) "It didn't want to come out of the dashboard."
"So you felt the need to torture it?"May Bella's car stereo rest in peace.
2) "Haven't you noticed yet, Bella, that Edward is just the teeniest bit prone to overrreaction?"
3) "Thank you for doing this, Bella. From the bottom of my heart. Not only are you saving my hands from permanent injury, you also just spared me two long hours of a plot-less, badly dubbed martial arts film."Because the ever-loyal Angela deserves a good scene of her own this time around.
4) "I am Switzerland....I don't care who's a werewolf and who's a vampire. If Angela turns out to be a witch, she can join the party too."
5) "Yes, because a vampire slumber party is the pinnacle of safety conscious behavior."
"I'll give you a pedicure and everything."
6) "Angry grizzly bears are going to look tame next to what is waiting for you at home."
7) "'What were you thinking, Carlisle?' Edward said. 'Rosalie Hale?'" Rosalie imitated Edward's irritated tone to perfection. "I didn't like the way he said my name, like there was something wrong with me."
8) "Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love."
9) "Actually...you look...sexy."
10) "Amazing. How can someone so tiny be so annoying."
"It's a talent."
11) "If there were any way for me to become human for you--no matter what the price was, I would pay it."
12) "Jasper, you have a scar exactly like mine."
"I have a lot of scars like yours, Bella."
13) "You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing. For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope."
14) "When I got home, all my things were in the garage."
"Your room had the best view."
15) "Fall down again, Bella?"
"No, Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face."For the full effect, this scene really has to include Rosalie working on the jeep, while Emmett acts as her jack.
16) "Stupid, thieving, annoying vampire!"
"What did I do?"
17) "In case my right hook was too subtle for you, let me translate: that was me uninviting you."
"You are truly one frightening little monster."
19) "So someone changed who's not a direct descendant?"
"No. She's a direct descendant, all right."
Because Leah deserves her proper introduction.
20) "Isabella Swan? I promise to love you forever--every single day of forever. Will you marry me?"
21) "Please, please, please...Please, Bella, please--if you really love me....please let me do your wedding."
22) "You know, Edward, as a brother, you are sometimes a disappointment."
23) "I lived through an entire twenty-four hours thinking that you were dead, Bella. That changed the way I look at a lot of things."
24) "Sometimes I think you like me better as a wolf."
"Sometimes I do. It probably has something to do with the way you can't talk
25) "I'm not a Saint Bernard."
26) "I never promised to fight fair. And he deserves to know."
27) "Alice is so small."
"That might be a problem..if it were possible for someone to catch her."
28) "Nice teamwork."
29) "Sam is trying to get him to phase back to his human form. That will make treating him easier. I've never been to veterinarian school."
30) "Overprotective fool."
31) "This one seems to bring out bizarrely strong reactions in our kind."Not a fan of Jane, no, not at all--but she should get her best line, nevertheless.
32) "Huh. Oh. Er--thanks again for the clothes."
"You need the evidence. What's a shopping trip without a new outfit."
33) "The clouds I can handle. But I can't fight with an eclipse."Somehow I think this one is pretty sure to make it in.
34) "Silly Jacob--don't you know better than to believe vampire stories."
35) "No, Bella. It's part of who you are."
36) "Didn't you order your bridesmaid dress at the same time? I wouldn't want my maid of honor to wear something off the rack
37) "It's a good thing you're bulletproof. I'm going to need that ring. It's time to tell Charlie."
38) "I don't even like
Bella Swan! And you've got me grieving over this leech-lover like I'm in love with her, too....I dreamed about kissing her last night!"
We'll just give Leah the last word here.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing