Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by Jazz Girl »

VirginiaMay wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote: I love IntenseEdward. But, I love him more knowing that he can occasionally pull the stick out of his butt and have a little fun. :D [/color]
When exactly do we see that in Bella's version of things?? I am thinking really hard right now, but it's evading me!

It is nice to see this Emmett/Edward interaction. I would have so loved to have seen the baseball game from his perspective (according to SM, of course). :( Maybe someday?
There are precious few times that we get to see a relaxed Edward through Bella's eyes. Primarily because, almost immediately after he feels that it's okay to let his guard down a little, the Nomads show up and frack everything up, and then the birthday party and Jasper, and then the confrontation with Jacob, and then Victoria and the newborn army and all along, Bella pushing for him to change her. There is always something that keeps Edward on guard.

However, there are a few times. And the rarity of those times makes them all the more wonderful. The meadow comes to mind. Taking her to his house to meet the family. Bella's house before the birthday party, when he is quoting Shakespeare. At Bella's after school, when they are working on admittance applications. At the house during their overnight alone (I particularly love this one, because, even whilst wrangling the details of their compromise, he is almost giddy with excitement). The wedding. The honeymoon (after of course his initial breakdown). After Bella's change, before the Volturi threat.

Yes, I think the baseball game from Edward's POV will be magical. But, I think what would get me most would be those last chapters, those chapters once the battle is won, when he knows that Bella and Ness are safe, his family is safe and that he can truly be happy without any constraints. Those would be magical words, indeed.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Well, kiddos I woke up to a bit of interesting news. No, it's not Midnight Sun but Stephenie is publishing a new story, due out June 5th, 2010. "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" will make it to store shelves just in time to get all riled up before Eclispe!

Was I one of the last to know? Is this old news? Because I was pretty surprised! :o

Here's the link:
http://www.thetwilightsaga.com/page/coming-june-5-2010
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

VirginiaMay wrote:Well, kiddos I woke up to a bit of interesting news. No, it's not Midnight Sun but Stephenie is publishing a new story, due out June 5th, 2010. "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" will make it to store shelves just in time to get all riled up before Eclispe!

Was I one of the last to know? Is this old news? Because I was pretty surprised! :o

Here's the link:

Ginnie~ No, this is brand new news. And, I for one find it hopeful. She's getting back in touch with her vampires. Can Edward be far behind?
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Jazz Girl wrote:
VirginiaMay wrote:Well, kiddos I woke up to a bit of interesting news. No, it's not Midnight Sun but Stephenie is publishing a new story, due out June 5th, 2010. "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" will make it to store shelves just in time to get all riled up before Eclispe!

Here's the link:

Ginnie~ No, this is brand new news. And, I for one find it hopeful. She's getting back in touch with her vampires. Can Edward be far behind?
Had a chance to read Stephenie's statement on her website before I ran out the door. This was entirely unplanned apparently, and came out of material she cut from Eclipse. Soooo... Who knows? Maybe the wheels will start turning and she has more to share with the world than she maybe was willing to a few years ago.
We'll see... :D Either way, this is very exciting.

PS- I remember hearing Stephenie saying in an interview somewhere that she didn't think of any of her vampires as being "bad" vamps just for choosing to follow their instincts as blood drinkers. The Cullens were different, set apart, but not because they were good and the rest were bad. Maybe through Bree's story we will get a better understanding of how she viewed non-veggie vamps in her mythology. Pretty cool stuff.

Oh, and not to stray too far off of the topic! I'm Team Edward because he is THAT guy...

Chivalrous, polite, well educated, respectful of intimacy and marriage, and did I mention musically inclined! I made a list when I was seventeen (about 10 years before Twilight was published) of all the things that I wanted in a partner for life. On that list, the perfect guy had to play piano or guitar, enjoy classical music, he had to open doors and have good manners, and he had to be really close with his family- that was a big one. Not that Edward is perfect for me, there were a lot of things on the list that would take Edward out of the running, but Edward was perfect for Bella and I think that's the point. They were made for each other and it seemed the obvious choice.
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Ginnie~ What I find so funny about Bree Tanner is that that is exactly how MS started out in the first place. SM was just organizing some details and some conversations in her head so that she could give Edward the proper voice and reactions in an interaction with Bella. It does make me wonder how many more of these little "surprises" she has laying around her computer.

Ironically, whilst I have always been Team Edward, it took until I read MS to realize that I would take him as mine in a heartbeat...less than if I am being truly honest. Through The Saga, there were always those things that he did that got my hackles up, where I looked at him and said, "you know, it's a good thing Bella puts up with your backside, because gods know noone else would." But, once I read MS and had a full grasp on Edward's worldview, how he sees his life, her life, their life....it just all clicked. Yeah, we'd be a lot like Edward & Bella. There would be arguments and tempers and occasional broken household objects. But, in the end, he's exactly who I would choose if I could create my ideal mate. With my hubs, I really only give up the musical ability and the masochistic need to protect at all costs. My hubs is, in fact, fairly protective. But, he also knows I could take anyone he could, so he can at least relax a little more. :D
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Just a theory -

Aren't most admirers of Midnight Sun also Edward lovers? I think it would be hard not to be. If you weren't Team Edward before reading MS, you would be after! Perhaps if you weren't inclined towards Edward, you wouldn't find MS so enthralling! The two go hand-in-hand. I don't know if this made sense or not. I had intended a profound comment!
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Susie wrote:Just a theory -

Aren't most admirers of Midnight Sun also Edward lovers? I think it would be hard not to be. If you weren't Team Edward before reading MS, you would be after! Perhaps if you weren't inclined towards Edward, you wouldn't find MS so enthralling! The two go hand-in-hand. I don't know if this made sense or not. I had intended a profound comment!
Susie~ Hahaha, hi!!! Hope New York is treating you well and you are feeling better.

Hmmmm, actually, I've encountered quite a number of antis (and on this bloody site for that matter) who say that MS just confirmed for them how evil Edward truly is, that he's wrong for Bella and blah blah blah (yes, my opinion of that is fairly obvious). For me, I don't see how it is possible to see Edward's love for Bella in his own words, how profoundly and at his core she moved him, changed him, and not be moved by it.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Honestly before I read MS I always understood why Edward did what he did even in NM. I loved MS for the fact that we got a look at what was going on when Bella wasn't with him. I will say though when I was reading Twilight I had no idea about MS and one of the things I picked up in the novel was when Bella was out in her backyard reading her book and she fell asleep and when she woke up she felt someone was there. I was thinking to myself I bet he was and she didn't even know it. I miss the oil with the window.
I also love how Edward had fallen for her when he first saw her without realizing it.When Jessica was having snide thoughts towards Bella.At that point Edward already felt protective of Bella.
Banner by TammyAZ
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:Honestly before I read MS I always understood why Edward did what he did even in NM. I loved MS for the fact that we got a look at what was going on when Bella wasn't with him. I will say though when I was reading Twilight I had no idea about MS and one of the things I picked up in the novel was when Bella was out in her backyard reading her book and she fell asleep and when she woke up she felt someone was there. I was thinking to myself I bet he was and she didn't even know it. I miss the oil with the window.
I also love how Edward had fallen for her when he first saw her without realizing it.When Jessica was having snide thoughts towards Bella.At that point Edward already felt protective of Bella.
Yes, I got Edward pretty much after reading the saga in it's entirety too. I was lucky enough to have waited until after Breaking Dawn was published to read any of the books. MS just made me love him more and I love the little details of life as a vampire that we get, where in Twilight, we couldn't know that unless someone was telling Bella out loud.

On a side note, I see that the consensus is that Edward fell for Bella at first sight. I appreciate your thoughts on the matter (everyone who answered my earlier post, as well as those who have mentioned it in passing) That gives me some renewed confidence that will be going into a little story I'm working on, and I appreciate the boost!!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Jazz Girl wrote:
Susie wrote:Just a theory -

Susie~ Hahaha, hi!!! Hope New York is treating you well and you are feeling better.

Hmmmm, actually, I've encountered quite a number of antis (and on this bloody site for that matter) who say that MS just confirmed for them how evil Edward truly is, that he's wrong for Bella and blah blah blah (yes, my opinion of that is fairly obvious). For me, I don't see how it is possible to see Edward's love for Bella in his own words, how profoundly and at his core she moved him, changed him, and not be moved by it.
Caryn - We, of course, are in agreement on the subject of Edward's awesomeness!!
As for my theory, I tend to have theories that fit my view of things, not necessarily reality! :D
(That usually works out the best for me!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good to know what has transpired on the thread before I joined in the discussion- thanks.
Edwards Ragazza wrote:Honestly before I read MS I always understood why Edward did what he did even in NM. I loved MS for the fact that we got a look at what was going on when Bella wasn't with him. I will say though when I was reading Twilight I had no idea about MS and one of the things I picked up in the novel was when Bella was out in her backyard reading her book and she fell asleep and when she woke up she felt someone was there. I was thinking to myself I bet he was and she didn't even know it. I miss the oil with the window.
Desiree- I love the scenes without Bella too. You were so intuitive about thinking Edward was watching her when she was sunning herself in the yard! Wow.
VirginiaMay wrote:
Yes, I got Edward pretty much after reading the saga in it's entirety too. I was lucky enough to have waited until after Breaking Dawn was published to read any of the books. MS just made me love him more and I love the little details of life as a vampire that we get, where in Twilight, we couldn't know that unless someone was telling Bella out loud.

On a side note, I see that the consensus is that Edward fell for Bella at first sight. I appreciate your thoughts on the matter (everyone who answered my earlier post, as well as those who have mentioned it in passing) That gives me some renewed confidence that will be going into a little story I'm working on, and I appreciate the boost!!
Virginia May - MS makes me love Edward more too! I'm intrigued by your little story....

OK Now I have to finish the last 40 pages and report back to the thread!!!