Periods...not a grammar topic

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Periods...not a grammar topic

Post by simplymortal314 »

Gosh, I rather dislike TOM. Mine is a regular flow. The second day is the heaviest, then a bit lighter.
Bless some divine spirt, that I have only had cramps twice in my whole life time. I hate though that I feel constantly light-headed when I have it.
Here's an embarassing story. If I can't laugh now, I wouldn't post it. So go right ahead and laugh.
I was in seventh grade, it was lunch time. I had just gone in the a la carte line to buy a bottle of water and cookie. I was sitting next to this guy I had a major crush on, it was great. I was having fun and laughing at his jokes and talking with my friends from then. I was laughing so hard that I could feel my flow running a bit faster from the pressure I was creating on my abdomen, but didn't think anything of it. A few minutes later, I figured I should go to the bathroom and change. The bathroom was empty and I went into a stall only to discover half of my back end was... red. Then I discovered I had forgotten to pack any feminne products in my bag. Quickly I left the stall, no one was in the bathroom checked the mirror and it was just awful. As I was about to scurry out from the bathroom and to the nurse's office, which was thankfully close by. I saw a girl was friends with and asked her to walk me to the nurse's office covering me from behind so no one else would have the chance to see. Once I was in the nurse's office I learned that she didn't have any feminne products either. I then had to call my dad, to come to school with some and another pair of pants. After he got there, my next class had already started and I was late. I rushed out of the office only to run into my crush. After looking me over and noticing my changed bottoms told me he had saved my water bottle (that I never opened) and the cookie (that I never took a bite of) that I had bought earlier. I took the water and quickly went to my class with my backpack the nurse had graciously gotten for me while I was waiting for my dad. :oops:
That would be my worst story. Not including when I had to buy my first feminne products.
Now, who laughed? :P
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
Paprika
Wandering Through Town

Post by Paprika »

Me...mostly because the same thing happened to me when I was just starting out with Flo
Come on and pick me up, somebody clear the wreckage from the blast....-Jack's Mannequin, The Resolution

So I know I'm not alone in a world full of Vampires-Jack's Mannequin, Cell Phone
VampireKnight
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by VampireKnight »

Elizabeth wrote:but what was I supposed to say? 'Woo hoo, I've got my period and you don't?' I thought it was just a nuisance, why would I wanna celebrate that?
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
I KNOW!!! I mean to me it's like, the worst thing on this planet that happens to be nesseccary for us to make babies. But come on now, I got mine at 9 years old and I felt like a total and complete alien. And growing up over the years I never understood why some months it'd be heavier than some. It makes no sense to me.

And simplymortal314 I had a similar experience too. Except with mine, I had to tell everyone why I sat in red paint in art class. :lol:
Crooked_Rose
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Crooked_Rose »

Iris Messenger- Eak I'm sorry!!! That must've not been fun.

As for me, it was AWFUL because we had to do this dance thing where we bounced around...ughhhhh.

I about died (if you catch my drift)
Back to the Sun. Back to the shore. Back to what I was before.

*Under Construction*
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

VampireKnight wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:but what was I supposed to say? 'Woo hoo, I've got my period and you don't?' I thought it was just a nuisance, why would I wanna celebrate that?
I KNOW!!! I mean to me it's like, the worst thing on this planet that happens to be nesseccary for us to make babies. But come on now, I got mine at 9 years old and I felt like a total and complete alien. And growing up over the years I never understood why some months it'd be heavier than some. It makes no sense to me.

And simplymortal314 I had a similar experience too. Except with mine, I had to tell everyone why I sat in red paint in art class. :lol:
I forgot to mention that I got mine extremely early too. I've been a relatively private person my whole life, so my life became a bit more complicated, especially with everyday living at my home. It was just my mom, my younger sister and I, but I wanted to go on living as normal as possible. I think a part of me thought that by ignoring the 'monthly nusiance' I'd learn to cope with it better... eventually.
I had anything but the normal cycle. My mom thought it was because I was young, but I never skipped a month, even at the age of 10, but it was excessively heavy- we're talking a pack every two days. And it came around every 21 days, and it lasted 7-9 days- every day was equally heavy. The pain was unbareable, I was seeing brusing on the lower part of my stomach- I assume where the ovaries are, and I could feel small bumps on each side. It hurt to urinate (sorry if this is TMI) sharp stabbing pains. And I crapped all the time- before, during and after my period. My general doctor told me to go see an OB-GYN and at about 15, I started to take the pill. It helped me sooo much! I had gone so long with pain, I felt normal again. I did hate the stigma that came with taking the pill, like every girl that is on it is because she's having sex. I now know that many women have problems with mestruation and I'm happy to talk about it if I can help someone else.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

ugh I just got an IUD, and now the migrains, cramps, dizziness, weak stomach. It's horrible. I can't wait till I get to the point where I don't have my monthly visit. They also happen to me during the worst possible times. On teh field during a half time show, on a school trip, on teh ride back from a 5 hour road trip. I hate it.

What helps you with the cramps and everything, they've gotten so bad that midol, pamprin, IBprofin, or anything doens't help them any.
ferita
Settled in Forks

Post by ferita »

wishingiwasbella wrote:ugh I just got an IUD, and now the migrains, cramps, dizziness, weak stomach. It's horrible. I can't wait till I get to the point where I don't have my monthly visit. They also happen to me during the worst possible times. On teh field during a half time show, on a school trip, on teh ride back from a 5 hour road trip. I hate it.

What helps you with the cramps and everything, they've gotten so bad that midol, pamprin, IBprofin, or anything doens't help them any.
have you ever thought of doing the pill insted my sister had those sympotoms but worse and the pill toatlly fixed everything it was awesome haha. i thought she was going to die every month. but i don't know a lot about IUD so i don't even know if you would want to switch or could i hope this was helpful at all sorry if it wasn't. :?
Is it weird that it still surpries me every time I open one of my stephenie meyer books to find it signed even thought I was there when it happened?
catieolacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by catieolacullen »

Mine always skips around, that could be because I just got it a year or so ago. But I just bothered stop trying to count the days because it's always different! But they week before I normally get really sleepy and have no problem going to sleep :) But day 1-3 it's normally pretty heavy. Then it calms down, thank God. And this year in school half the year in swimming class. And I'm really irked about using tampons, I never have. Most of my friends tell me it won't hurt, but I'm a whimp. I also bloat horridly and get horrible cramps. I always keep bananas around, because I heard they help. Haha. Puberty, you suck. With no love what so ever, Catieola. :cry:
Last edited by catieolacullen on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
La tua cantante...
HATE SPINNERBAIT!
Is anyone else here a Sarah Dessen fan, also?
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

I got mine early but I was really lucky because I wouldn't get it every month until I was 17. :D It's not so ba though because I hardly get cramps and I don't bloat. My sister still hates me for it. I'll admit it was always embarrassing when I would go to the doctor and have to tell them that my last cycle was a month ago and have them give me this weird look. :oops: I would quickly have to explain everytime that it wasn't what they were thinking and that I just wouldn't get it every month like a normal girl. Talk about embarrassing!
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

I've only had one major stain incident in my five years of the cycle and it was as embarrassing as crap.

First off, you have to understand I was the first girl to develop in my entire class, and I mean getting the figure and getting the cycle. I believe I had just gotten use to the whole "outward change" deal by the time I got my cycle. I was scared to death when it all started and had no one to relate to outside my mom! And I was embarrassed enough talking about it with her. So for I don't know how, I was lost in my own world of insecurity: constantly afraid someone would find out I started, paranoid that I might stain my uniform, wondering what I would say to the others if they did find out.

So on with the incident and like I said, only one major incident. We were all gathered for play practice and we basically sat around while doing it. When the class was over I stood up and one of the girls in my class said, "Carrisa (not my real name, btw), you have blood on the back of your skirt." I was like "Oh Snap!" I turned my head around as best I could and sure enough, there it was. I had no idea what to say so I went with whatever was at the top of my head. "Oh, my leg must be bleeding." My leg is bleeding? Now all I can think is 'That's all I could come up with?!' That stain probably wasn't even remotely close to my leg! And to top it all off, I was wearing a badge skirt and the girl didn't sound at all convinced.

Oh, forgot to mention I was twelve when this happened.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May