Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Re: AVATAR, the movie

Post by The girlie-wolf »

8 times?!?! I saw it once!!!!!!
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I finally saw this movie & all I can say is This is what the big deal was about?!?!?!?!?!

I did NOT Like it at all. Sure the graphics were pretty & cool. But just a weird stupid movie. I'm so glad that I didn't pay $$$ to see it (I borrowed the dvd from a friend.) I honestly do not get what the big deal was about at all.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

We watched the movie at school. I thought it was really great, but it wasn't brilliant. It was very Pochahontas-y, and I like Pochahontas, so I guess that's why I liked Avatar. My friend and I teared up a bit at the end.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Pochahontas is my fav disney movie :D
Why did you watch it at school?
The plot is not so good... it's like you said- the plot of Pochahontas... but the 3D and the world they created there was amazing...
You saw it in 3D?
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

We watched a lot of movies in my English and Science classes this year just for the heck of it. Haha. (:
Nah, we didn't watch it in 3D, but it was still good.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

haha I saw about 3 movies in school in English class too... but you are lucky....
Then you really missed. Avatar is not the same with out the 3D. That's why everybody loves this movie- it brings our technology to a whole other level.
You should see it in 3D...
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

If you didn't see it in the theater then you won't understand what the fuss was about the visual effects, and that is why some of us saw it so many times in the theater- we knew it wouldn't be the same on DVD. (I saw it 6 times).

What I find unfortunate is how much of the story got cut. Cameron released the script online and I read it and thought it was so much better than what was made. There was much more depth to the story. Granted, Cameron's dialog was still cringe-worthy, but the story itself was fantastic. I'm looking forward to the re-release with added footage at the end of the year (if it actually happens).
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
jonsgirljen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jonsgirljen »

When I first started hearing about this movie, I thought that it was all going to be hype and nothing else. My husband wanted to see it really badly, but only in 3D, well, nowhere around us was it being shown in 3D. So, we waited. After it came out on DVD and Blu-ray, he wanted to buy, but I'm way against buying a movie that I haven't seen because I don't want to be stuck with some movie if I don't like it. So, I finally talked him into waiting until we could get it off Netflix. But I have to admit that it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I don't think it was anything brilliant or original, story wise that is, but it was definitely better than I feared. I've still only watched it once, but I thought it was a good movie over all.