Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Post by Amanda Beth »

If anyone wants to read my fanfic and its sequel the links are in my sig :) I promise they're good!
JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JillOBean »

Amanda Beth wrote:If anyone wants to read my fanfic and its sequel the links are in my sig :) I promise they're good!

I can second this. Amanda Beth did a wonderful job!

Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Thank you to Jestak and TheOtherStephenie for the cyber love!! It made me so happy to see your kind words here.

Both Amanda Beth and JillOBean are wonderful authors, and I would highly recommend their stories.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I don't know if any of you have already read this one...
I like it, is EPOV on isle Esme and from there on..... HUGE WARNING it's NOT PG-13... there is quiet a graphic description of the events on Isle Esme....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

My fanfic, Perfect Forever, is almost complete if any of you want to check it out! I think it's pretty good...my readers say it is, too! The link is in my siggy! :)

BTW...Amanda Beth and Openhome are both amazing authors, too!
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

Well Marielle, that was a nice R-rated fanfic.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

HarryTuttle wrote:Well Marielle, that was a nice R-rated fanfic.
Thanks I liked it very much....
Í'm searching for new good R-rated fanfic...I want it to be close to the story and if I can't find it I'm going to write it myself... I think...if I can...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

i just finished this fic. it was so sweet and sometimes so sad, i cried and just loved it. it has a happy ending and great happy moments throughout, which is vital to me! i can't stand being depressed for long.

bella and edward meet a little later in life. both have kids already, one is widowed and the other divorced. it's a story about finding love again, blending families, and realizing life has beautiful unexpected surprises. i just loved it. it was hopeful and inspiring.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4666438/1/H ... ut_For_You

by ObsessingOverEdward
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Okay, I have several recommendations to add. I think that several of these stories have probably been mentioned in this thread already, but no good fanfiction can have too many recommendations ;)

First, I have come across not one, not two, but three really good fics that give alternate POV's for New Moon (a la Midnight Sun). They are: Dark Side of the Moon, by blondie AKA robin; Thy Beauty, bu subtlynice; and Ithaca is Gorges, bu giselle-lx. The first two are from Edward's POV, the third alternates between Edward and Carlisle. All three have that most wonderful of qualities--I keep going back to reread them.

Each of the three authors mentioned above has also written other stories that have gone into my "favorites" list. blondie AKA robin has written "A Dickens of a Dream" and "Brotherhood." The first puts Bella into a "Christmas Carol" scenario, and tells how a group of "ghostly" visitors one Christmas Eve inspire her to move to Forks to live with Charlie. The second tells of a hunting trip that Edward, Emmett and Jasper take, during which they can't stop quoting, respectively, Shakespeare, Monty Python and The Princess Bride.

Subtlynice has written a pair of nice vignettes from Angela's POV. They are titled "Optimism" and "Bravery" and both take place during New Moon. The first is just after Bella emerges from her "zombie" period; the second takes place on the day that Bella, Edward and Alice return to Forks High after the events in Volterra. Angela fans (I'm one) will want to check these out.

giselle-lx has written a nice little story called "Form 1040," about Carlisle working on paying the Cullen family taxes. It will come as no surprise to people that vampires have to deal with some interesting issues when it comes to the IRS.

One other story that I've really come to like is Finding Twilight, by Mrs.Alice.Whitlock. This one starts when Alice and Jasper, on a shopping trip (imagine that!), wander into a bookstore and find a set of four books. When they get home, the family sits down to read them together. The opening words of the first book are "I'd never given much thought to how I would die..." I'm having a lot of fun reading this one.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

^^Thank you! I've been looking for good, clean fanfiction forever (since everyone else on here seems to like the smutty stuff. Urgh.) and this Brotherhood is brilliant! I'm almost crying from laughing so hard, but that could be the new glasses prescription. It's hillarious! I'll be starting Finding Twilight next because that sounds rather humorous too. Thanks! :D