General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: My New Moon Playlist

Post by Destani »

My New Moon playlist is a bit strange because there are so many songs that cover the same scenes. New Moon was such an emotional book and the broken heart theme is covered by so many songs that it's hard not to find a way to tie a song into the story somehow. I think my list would go on forever if I listed every song so I'll just try to mention the ones that haven't been said before or were only said once or twice.

No Doubt - Don't Speak - It looks as though you're letting go, and if it's real, well I don't want to know

Staind - Right Here - And if you chose to walk away, I'd still be right here waiting - I heard this song right after reading the part where Edward leaves and it had me sobbing...in my car on the expressway.

Foo Fighters - Let it Die - Intravenous, Intertwined, Why'd you have to go and let it die

Joydrop - Cocoon - If I should choose to fall apart, Don't you think you should let me

Disturbed - Darkness - Then I let the darkness cover me, Deny everything, Slowly walk away to breathe again, On my own

Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends - As my memory rest, but never forgets what I lost

Hoobastank - The Reason - I'm sorry that I hurt you, It's something I must live with every day - Edward's POV.

Linkin Park - My December - This is my december, This is me alone - I have some beautiful, sad visions of both Edward and Bella trying to deal with their separation to this song.

Jewel - You Were Meant for Me - Cause dreams last so long, Even after your gone

Seether - Broken - Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome, And I don't feel right when you're gone away

Natalie Imbruglia - Torn - You're a little late, I'm already torn

Seether - Rise Above This - I'll mend myself before it gets me

Jem - 24 - In 24 hours they'll be laying flowers on my life, It's over tonight - Bella and Alice racing to get to Volterra...or perhaps Edward's view of things when he thinks Bella's dead.

Three Days Grace - Never too Late - Now and again we try to just stay alive, Maybe we'll turn it around, Cause it's not too late, It's never too late - I hear this song as Bella is running across the square to save Edward.

X Japan - Forever Love - Stay close like this, In the dawn, Embrace my trembling heart - Bella waking up at home to find Edward still with her. A link to the lyrics with English translation: http://www.senshigakuen.com/translation ... r_love.htm
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

For me the lyrics of "Hamburg Song" by keane really hit the core of the relationship between Bella and Jacob. he picks up the pieces for her and this song is about wanting to be there unconditionally. I know its on Stephanie's playlist, too. It'll always be one of my favorites!
" I don't want to be the only one you know, I want to be the place you call home" *sigh*
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

Bring me to life by Evanescence is a recent addition to my New Moon playlist. the bit towards the end sums up for me Bella without Edward
"Frozen inside, without your touch, without your love, darling"
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Bleeding Love-Leona Lewis seems like a good song for New Moon
Pressure-Paramore It describes how Bella feels and the chorus is kind of what Edward said to her
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
edwardstruelove
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardstruelove »

Haunted---Kelly Clarkson
When There Was Me And You---Vanessa Hudgens (High School Musical) <-- i know.. but it works!
Can't Have You--- Jonas Brothers
No Air--- Jordin Sparks
Sober--- Kelly Clarkson
Bleeding Love--- Leona Lewis (a common choice, but thats because it really works)
Never Too Late--- Three Days Grace (i think someone already posted this one)
When Your Gone--- Avril Lavigne
Forget--- Demi Lovato

these are the songs i could think of.....i used to have a mental list of many songs that would work, but these are the ones that i have right now.
"I hear voices in my mind and you're worried that you're the freak"-- edward cullen
Penguins. Lovely.

I'm sorry I'm late to class, but a VAMPIRE ate my homework.

my old name was also edwardstruelove
mkc33
Settled in Forks

Post by mkc33 »

A Fine Frenzy - Near to You: This song really captures Bella and Jacob in New Moon. While he's no Edward, Bella's "better near to" Jacob. Here's a link to this awesome video on youtube with the song. It could almost be the movie of New Moon! Haha..it's just clips from other movies, but seriously, it's some good stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA8opx-d44c
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

i have recently found loads more that i added to my new moon playlist on my ipod (it is now my longest)

9 Crimes - Damien rice
I hat myself for losing you - Kelly Clarkson
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Destani

Post by Destani »

I've found another song that I like for New Moon.

Guns 'N Roses - Don't Cry - You gotta make it your own way, But you'll be alright now sugar, You'll feel better tomorrow, Come the morning light now baby - Edward's POV on leaving Bella.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
RussetRose♥

Post by RussetRose♥ »

"Fix You" - Coldplay
"Never Let You Down" - The Verve Pipe
"Rescued"- Jack's Manniquin
"The Mixed Tape" - Jack's Manniquin

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Ange825