L. J. Smith Novels --Vampire Diaries, Night World, etc

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: L. J. Smith Novels --Vampire Diaries, Night World, etc

Post by vampyre_princess »

Cullen_Lover wrote:I <3 H.O.N OMG! And the first chapter of Burned is out, SO GOOD! *Squee!*
WRONG THREAD!! This belongs in here

I haven't read the new VD books yet... I live in the UK, and the 1st one is the only one thats out yet... and I haven't got it yet... too busy revising.

But I'm re reading Night World (vol 1)

♥ Pixie Rose ♥
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

I love NW... My friend told me to get her the new one for her birthday. :roll: I'm gonna make her get me Bree's novella. :D

clpviolet~ I'm Team Damon. After the first two volumes, I was Team Stefan, then after Nightfall, Team Dafan, then after Shadow Souls, Team Damon. :D

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

I finally found time to finish Shadow Souls!!! :D
I know... It's taken me a while... but I haven't had time
to read lately. I'm just glad that I'm finally done! :D
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

**fingers in ears** ♪♪La La La♪♪ I'mnot gonna read about the new VD books... not read them yet 5th book only one that's out in UK!!

But I haven't even seen the new Night World book yet.... don't think it's out in UK... if it is I haven't seen it :(

♥ Pixie Rose ♥
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Yeah, don't worry, I know people haven't read all of the books yet, that's why I didn't post any details in a readable place. :D

DO NOT READ BELOW IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANY SPOILERS FOR SHADOW SOULS!!!

Who else has finished Shadow Souls? Feel free to chat with me on PM about it. I wanna see how you guys felt. I personally did not like book too much... It didn't really fit with the flow of the first few books... Actually, the book before wasn't my favorite either... I don't know, I didn't really get into the whole random burst of Japanese influence... I mean, I love the idea of kitsunes, but they really didn't fit into the series for me. And I after Elena died the second time, after becoming a vampire, I thought she should have stayed dead... I know, sounds kind of harsh but I'm kind of getting sick of her dying and then suddenly reappearing. Though, I would have liked it better if she was in spirit form for the rest of the books if there had to be anymore books. But the series feels rather drawn out... and it seems as if there is going to be another book...

I also don't like the sudden change of status for Meredith, Bonnie and Mat. They used to be main characters, but they've been pushed aside... And they used to be a team with Elena, but it doesn't feel that way anymore...

Though, don't get me wrong, there were a few things I liked. I did kind of enjoy the change of heart for Damon... And I feel sorry that he got turned into a human and the fact that Stefan's chances of becoming a human have been ruined. I also liked the idea of the original Damon locked up inside Damon. It tells us girls who love him that he is not purely evil... he's just had a hard life...

Stefan has majorly been my favorite part of this series... and I missed him in this book. He was only there for the last hundred pages or so... and it made me sad...

How was that? I purposefully tried to make everything as hard to read as possible for those who did not want any spoilers. :D
ImageImageImage
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

I just started reading Vampire Diaries book after I became hooked with the VD TV series. Next to Edward I'm so obsessed with Stefan. I haven't got to the part where Damon makes an appearance so I can't say anything about him. I know that the tv series differs from the book too much but Damon in the tv series is not that bad. I like him though not as much as I like Stefan. Hope the Damon in the book is as entertaining as the Damon in the tv series.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Sethismine: thanks... I like it that way... cause I'm gonna read them, they just have to come out here first :(

dazel21: My friend has seen the TV series and she tells me about it, by e sounds of it you're in for a load of shocks as they messed up all the characters... I know it was to bring it up to date... but just don't get confused... And Damon is entertaining, trying to work him out is fun :)
I'm totally in love with Stefan too :) Great another Team Stefan Member.
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

Nicholle~ You're done??? Yes! Finally!

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Lol, I know, my thoughts exactly. :D School is just so crazy now... Ugh...
I feel as if I've gotten run over by a truckload of text books and tests... :(
ImageImageImage
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Okay so I thought we should do team discussions... I've PMed Hannah about it and she's in agreement. I think we should start with Night World and that we should have it for at least 2 months if not longer as there are 9 of them so a lot of teams!!

What does everyopne think??
And what teams should we have for Night World?

Pixie Rose ♥
♀listv2~Pixie Rose