Glee - the Television series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Glee - the Television series

Post by debussygirl »

Honestly? Not my favorite episode. :?
It was good, but maybe it's because I watched Hairography a few hours before and True Colors always gives me chills and this episode's songs weren't my favorite. I loved Rachel's song, but the rest of them I was just kinda like ehhh through them.
Don't get me wrong, it was still good, but not my favorite. I guess I just had too high of standards before, because all I was really remembering were my favorite songs and choreography and such.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I was very fond of the events, though, particularly involving Will. Also, I LOVE Idina, and I like this Jesse character a lot, too. Whether or not the songs were my favorite, I think the actors were at their bests during that episode. Their faces seemed so much more expressional, and maybe I'm imagining it, but I even thought the camera work was better than usual.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I absolutely loved the first season of GLEE, but the second season premiere really disappointed me.
The stories were so jumbled. Tons of things I wanted to see happen but all to fast and in one episode (that had SO many commercials). The songs, although the actual performance by the actors was amazing as expected, we lack luster and didn't really add much - emotion, story, humor - for me. There wasn't enough actual Glee club - like what the show is about, which was frustrating. Barely any interaction between the characters i've been waiting for. There could have been some great Finn/Rachel awkward, are we really dating? moments had they let it play for 1 episdoe before bring in Jesse (who was great).

All just rushed for me. I have a fear that Glee was too successful, no everyone wants in and they aren't using an editing eye. Why does Sue need another teacher rival (and Molly Shannon, who's last show bombed, for that matter)? Why do we need a rival boyfriend? voice instructor? and then Neil Patrick Harris (who will be good of course) as someone else trying to take down Glee club - all while the group tries to win at the next level. It just feels really heavy. I hope they work it out because the actors had it down, so it's not them - it's going to be all on the writing.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

Ahh! I love Glee ! :D It's one of my favorite shows! :) Did you guys know that the actor who plays Artie was in a band called NLT ? They're really a great band :D You should look them up on youtube :D
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

I just saw the new episode (14) and I really didn't like it... The songs were a little corny and everything was kinda happy... the idea of Jesse was okay but I dunno... after seeing it I don't have the need to watch it again and again like the others :lol:
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Well I'm going to have Madonna on the brain for a while... :D

Favorite scene: the "misogynist" conversation.

I really love what they did for "Express Yourself," "Like a Prayer," "What It Feels Like for a Girl," and the mash-up of "Borderline" and "Open Your Heart."

And I'm sure everyone noticed the nods to Madonna vids in the school corridors...
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

You know, I didn't really like the episode. Too much smut. I didn't need to see any of that. That was gross.
So I'm going to ignore it.

Spoilers below vv
Loved the hair burns. Hillarious. I might have to use some of them on people myself.
The more I watch Jesse, the more he looks like Robert and acts like Edward. ITS. CREEPY. I don't like him. :shock:
And Tartie's (Tina and Artie) back, YAAAAAY! I liked them. A lot.
Oh, and Kurt's singing was amazing, as per usual. I still can't watch him and not giggle, though.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I actually thought the "sex" scenes were very light. Not that I was expecting more, but you know how some shows these days are with scenes like these.

There is one thing that confused me though:

So, did Finn and Santana (is that really her name? I keep thinking I'm hearing it wrong) actually do the deed?
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

@ringswraith:
yes, that is her name, and yes, they did it.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I was confused about that too. According to my mother, they did. I'm now EXTREMELY disappointed in Finn. Actually, I've lost a fair bit of faith in most of the writing for the cast. THe only ones left that I still like are Kurt and Mercedes! Oh, and Artie and Tina now, too. Since they're back and all.

^^Post is hiding under an invisibility cloak. :D