Dr. Who

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Dr. Who

Post by Openhome »

Ah the classics! I miss some of the old days, with the stuffed animal aliens and smoke machines. Tom Baker was, is, and always shall be THE Doctor to most of us. However, David Tennant was brilliant in his role, and honestly was the best doctor since Tom.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

I completely agree, Openhome. I really wish they would bring back the Jelly Babies in the next season. That always gave me a laugh.
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Twilight<3 wrote:I completely agree, Openhome. I really wish they would bring back the Jelly Babies in the next season. That always gave me a laugh.
:lol: I love those guys!! :lol:
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are going on the UK BBC Doctor Who Tour Bus Tour.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8556096.stm
Belfast, Inverness, Sunderland, Salford, Northampton

Doctor Who will begin an exciting national tour across the UK in March, introducing the new Doctor to fans of the series in five different locations spanning the length and breadth of the British Isles.

The tour will introduce the 11th Doctor, Matt Smith, and his Companion, Karen Gillan, to fans of the BBC One show and offer them a unique chance to meet the stars.

Each location will also host a regional premiere of episode one, The Eleventh Hour, for local children, working alongside BBC Outreach to enable kids to get a first look at the new Doctor in action.

Matt and Karen will travel around the UK on a specially themed Doctor Who tour bus, featuring the new TARDIS logo and iconic imagery.

BBC Outreach proactively takes the BBC into specific communities and sections of society, and has been integral in organising and supporting the tour.

The focus of the tour is to reach relatively under-served communities by the BBC.

The Doctor's maiden voyage will commence on 29 March in Belfast, and then travel to Karen Gillan's home town, Inverness, for a screening on 30 March.

The bus will then move on to Sunderland that afternoon and Salford on Wednesday 31 March before finishing later that day in Northampton – Matt Smith's hometown.

Following the tour, from 1 to 3 April, the BBC will also hold events for three days at selected BBC Big Screens across the UK giving Doctor Who fans in London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Plymouth and Swansea the chance to interact directly with the show in their home towns.

The events will feature exclusive footage – including the chance to see the Doctor Who trailer in 3D – and giveaways, and fans can also get their photo taken tumbling through the giant vortex.

Visitors will be able to meet some of the scariest monsters that have had viewers watching from behind their sofa for generations as well.

Piers Wenger, Executive Producer, and Head of Drama, BBC Wales, said: "This is a great opportunity for the new Doctor and his Companion to interface directly with the people who matter most to Doctor Who: the fans.

"The chance to visit them in their hometowns will ensure that the 11th Doctor's maiden voyage is an utterly magical one."

Alec McGivan, Head of BBC Outreach, added: "Outreach is all about getting face to face with people so they can get involved and experience the BBC in a different and exciting way – we're delighted to be able to take one of the BBC's best loved brands out to its audience."

PPR
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

That would be awesome... if it weren't for the fact that I don't live in the UK. Haha. It's a brilliant idea, nonetheless. This will, hopefully, help fans warm up to Matt Smith rather than continue to resent him since everyone is such big David Tennant fans. Matt Smith truly does seem like a sweetheart, but I will just miss seeing David as the face of the Doctor. I have faith in Matt's bow tie, however!
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Sigh... :(
I live in America, and in a cable starved town at that. It will be a year before the episodes make it my way. :?
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

watch them online.. thats what i do.. they're all over the place on the net! just look for them! :)
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

i just hit up the red button on BBC 1 and it says watch the new Dr who here, however i did that and theres nothing on there!!!!! yeah it angered me a little :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Well, the new season hasn't even started yet... Once it does, though, I'm sure you could watch it then. No worries.
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

We are now four episodes in! Wow, that went quick. What did you all think?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.