Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Alphie »

A friend of mine has been playing a movie quote game on live journal where he posts all kinds of movie quotes from various films and see who can guess the most. I lourve movie quotes! I have had such fun on live journal with this that I thought we could try it over here. (Yes I realize I am doing this for my own entertainment but so what!)

Rules are that you have to guess the film quote above you before you post another quote from a film. You also should refrain from posting quotes with obsessively bad language. And if you post a quote, you need to come back soon to see if someone guessed correctly or if you've stumped the crowd. When you guess, you should copy the quote you are guessing so that we can keep it straight. Example: If someone supplied the quote, "I'm the one with the wicked curve ball." You would post:

"I'm the one with the wicked curve ball." - Twilight

And then you could post your own quote to keep things moving. If you're stummed for exact quotes, try the IMDB for help.
http://www.imdb.com/

So I will start with a quote from one of my all time favorite movies to quote EVER.

"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?"

Now you can guess and post your own quotes.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Jestak »

I love threads like this. :)

"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?"--That's from Airplane!

Next:

"Major Strasser has been shot...round up the usual suspects."
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

Major Strasser has been shot...round up the usual suspects - The ever classic Casablanca!

I'm glad at least one person wants to play!

"Why you stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder!"
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Well I am horrible and remember lines but I will keep checking back and maybe I will see one that I know, because I love playing games.
Banner by TammyAZ
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"Why you stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder!"--that is from The Empire Strikes Back

Next:

Times have changed. It's not like the Old Days, when we can do anything we want. A refusal is not the act of a friend. If Don Corleone had all the judges, and the politicians in New York, then he must share them, or let us others use them. He must let us draw the water from the well. Certainly he can present a bill for such services; after all... we are not Communists.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

The Godfather!

Next- I am what *you* made me! I lived the life that you preached... but never dared practice. I am everything, that you were too afraid to be.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I am what *you* made me! I lived the life that you preached... but never dared practice. I am everything, that you were too afraid to be.--Dorian Gray

Next:

Ah, little lad, you're staring at my fingers. Would you like me to tell you the little story of right-hand/left-hand? The story of good and evil? H-A-T-E! It was with this left hand that old brother Cain struck the blow that laid his brother low. L-O-V-E! You see these fingers, dear hearts? These fingers has veins that run straight to the soul of man. The right hand, friends, the hand of love. Now watch, and I'll show you the story of life. Those fingers, dear hearts, is always a-warring and a-tugging, one agin t'other. Now watch 'em! Old brother left hand, left hand he's a fighting, and it looks like love's a goner. But wait a minute! Hot dog, love's a winning! Yessirree! It's love that's won, and old left hand hate is down for the count!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Would a hint help? :)
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Okay, I'm going to guess that that one was a bit too tough--it was from The Night of the Hunter.

Here's one that ought to be a bit easier, from a more recent film:

What's happening out there?
Shall I describe it to you... or would you like me to find you a box?
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

What's happening out there?
Shall I describe it to you... or would you like me to find you a box?- Haha! Legolas says that to Gimli in The two towers ^^, so funny!

Next:
I've heard her called a quitter for leaving an aimless wanderer. But not all who wander are aimless, especially those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image.