Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by GrayceM »

Renesmee is going to be a difficult character to bring to life...but I'm sure they will pull it off. I think this is why they will make it two movies. Thinking of the stories in two parts, before and after Bella's change...both stories are so intricate and complex. I think they would have to leave too much out to cut it down to one. Making one would be 4 hours long.
Of course, that's one of the problems with having different directors. Each one would see some detail as important that the other may not even flinch at...who knows which characters they will leave out, combine...what conversation will be left out or added...which scenes will be elaborate and which will "fade to black"...
I assume they will have to decide prior to filming whether or not it will be two movies. After all, it's not like they actually film movies begin to end in order. Guess we'll know soon enough.
Those are my only real concerns, but then again...this is why I believe books are better than movies...normally.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Books most of the time are DEFINITLY better. I agree there!

Nessie was something I didn't think of. That is something to think about! And how will they do her ability? Like they do Alice's maybe?
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Jazz Girl wrote:
DramaPrincezz013 wrote:
I have to disagree about the action. It's the last movie, and it's all been building up to this. A big chunk of the book is focused on the Volturi coming to whipe out the Cullen family. I would love an epic battle at the end. Heck, I wouldn't even mind if a Cullen or two were killed, but that's just my humble opinion. It's just because I wasn't really satisfied with that portion of the book, so I personally wouldn't mind if it were to be changed.
But that's NOT WHAT HAPPENED. SM's ending was absolutely brilliant in that it was completely Cullen-esque. The Cullens ALWAYS looked for the peaceful solution first, looked to negotiation and even retreat if it meant avoiding losing a member of the family. Yes, they would fight if there was no other option. Once all other alternatives had been exhausted, then they had absolutely no problem ripping the life out of their enemies. But, even in that, look at how they planned the battle. Their strategy was to try to get the Volturi to surrender in the fight before too many could be lost by taking out their strongest fighters first, cripple the offensive guard and bring them down WITHOUT having to kill all of them. Turning the end of the film into a bloodbath because we humans are more bloodthirsty than the vampires? That's just not right. And if they do, then calling it The Twilight Saga; Breaking Dawn would be a lie.
GO CARYN!!!!!!!.....I second everything you say in this thread so far.....
but maybe I have a solution for our problem........
Cullens go free and peaceful, hands off....NO DEATHS IN THE CULLEN FAMILY.....
but what if Paul looses his temper...I wouldn´t mind one of the dogs getting killed....
OOH MAN THAT SOUNDS WRONG AS WELL!!!

So conclusion we stick to the book!!! heard that MR!! we stick to the book.......

All serious now.....I hate it when people want to change things, Stephenie has written her story, so stick to it... if you want a epic battle (which terrifies me, because I think it will be in there) then please write your own story.....
and asking for the Death of a Cullen .....that´s torture...no fan should even think of that....

What worries me almost as much as Mellisa, is Renesmee and the fact that she has to be perfect....oh yeah and the Rating...
I want to see a bit more from the wedding night... and the honeymoon (if you get what I mean) and to get it properly done and still keep it pg13......
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

*Sigh*
Seriously people? I know that. I know that's how Stephenie wrote it, and I'm okay with that. I'm just stating what I would like to see in the movie, even if I'm the only one who wants it, and even if it would never happen. Isn't that what we're suppose to do on here? Honestly, I just want to see in the movie what I was expecting to happen in the book. I didn't ask for the death of a Cullen; I said I wouldn't mind, and I do want an epic battle scene. In battles people die, it's as simple as that. It's not that I'm cruel or bloodthirsty or whatever, I just think that it was extremely anticlimatic and everyone got out too easy.

Furthermore, whatever happens in the Breaking Dawn movie(s) would be Stephenie-approved since she is now the co-producer. If she were to approve an epic battle or any other major or minor changes to make the story better for the big screen...well you can't hate something Stephenie wants.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote:you can't hate something Stephenie wants.
OOOH yes we can..........I hate it that she made the wedding night fade into black...I get why she had done it, but i still don´t like it...
By the way...don´t feel that we are attacking you personally, you are just the first to post these ideas, Caryn and I and many others have been discussing this matter for a while now, we were already worked up and aggitated about it...

As said before I don´t like your opinion on this matter but I know many do like it... we just have to wait and pray...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

I'm only worried about the birth scene, and if they're going to include characters like Zafrini and her powers and Nahuel . Other than that, I hope they don't leave out too many scenes because Breaking Dawn is the longest book. But I think that with Stephenie as producer it will be all good 8-)
xx-topaz
Wandering Through Town

Post by xx-topaz »

I really hope that all of the new vampires are introduced and are actually in the movie. Taking away any of the new witness vampires would take away from the novel as a whole. What would the movie be without Garret!? ...or Zafrina?! ALL of the new vampires better be present, or else I will be very disappointed. Other than the characters, I just really hope they stick as true to the novel as possible.

With SM as the producer she'll have more control over what is kept and isn't right?

That includes, the imprinting, no battle scene, wedding, cottage, Bella practising with Kate...EVERYTHING.

Maybe with the imprinting they could make sure that it is mentioned that Jacob is Renesme's PROTECTOR, or something, I don't really find it pedophilic(sp?), but I'm sure other people who haven't read the books may be confused.
About time somebdy scored around here - Emmett Cullen<3
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I read the books again recently because I found there were several details I had forgotten since last year. For those of you worried about the imprinting or those who have misunderstood the imprinting as Stephanie meant it to be(I think)...there is a part in Eclipse for the specific purpose of explaining it.
Bella asks Jacob what the latest pack "scandal" is and Jacob tells her about Quil imprinting with Claire, who is two. He explains that there is nothing romantic about it for Quil.
He says:
...And nothing matters more than her....You become whatever she needs you to be, whether that's a protector, or a lover, or a friend, or a brother.
Quil will be the best, kindest big brother any kid ever had. There isn't a toddler on the planet that will be more carefully looked after than that little girl will be. And then, when she's older and needs a friend, he'll be more understanding, trustworthy, and reliable than anyone else she knows. And then, when she's grown up, they'll be as happy as Emily and Sam.
Bella asks him if Claire gets any say in the matter and he replies:
Of course. But why wouldn't she choose him, in the end? He'll be her perfect match. Like he was designed for her alone.
Then in the first chapter of Jacob's section he's on the beach with Quil and Claire. The way he describes watching them together, you want that for yourself. It's not ugly or disgusting. It's pure, unconditional love. Hopefully, they have put this explaination into Eclipse for those who haven't read the books or are misunderstanding. If they haven't put it into Eclipse, maybe they will work it into Breaking Dawn somehow. It is an integral part of the story for Jacob to imprint on Renesmee. I'm almost sure that Stephanie had some say about whether that was explained and that she's read that some are worried or had people ask her about this and had to explain it herself, so hopefully she has told them how important it is to have it explained exactly right.
Grayce
xx-topaz
Wandering Through Town

Post by xx-topaz »

I totally agree, the way that Jacob explains it to Bella shows that its not meant to be disgusting or anything, its just unconditional love where the person would do anything for or to protect the imprintee. The whole drama about it being wrong is silly in my opinion. As long as Jacob explains it to Bella in the movie everything will be fine :)
About time somebdy scored around here - Emmett Cullen<3
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

xx-topaz wrote:I totally agree, the way that Jacob explains it to Bella shows that its not meant to be disgusting or anything, its just unconditional love where the person would do anything for or to protect the imprintee. The whole drama about it being wrong is silly in my opinion. As long as Jacob explains it to Bella in the movie everything will be fine :)
Just because Jake will explain the imprinting in the movie like he did in the book, doesn't mean everyone will buy it that way. I didn't buy it as innocent in the book, and I sure won't buy it as innocent on the big screen.

Some people see things black and white, and one of those things does involve what the imprint concept implies - a forced relationship [at least, that's my impression of it because the concept was never fully laid out in the canon], and in regards with Renesmee and Jacob imprint, pedophilia.

Other than the imprinting on Renesmee, the one thing I really fear for this movie is that it's going to focus slightly more on the Jake/Bella and the Jake/Renesmee relationship more than the Bella/Edward and the little family unit of the Bella, Edward, and their daughter. Because of the change of POV, the book, IMO, changed focus from Bella and Edward, to wolves and their politics. And when it was back in Bella's POV,it seemed to me to be more about Bella, Jake, and Renesmee.