Book Addicts Anonymous

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Postby willowtree » Sat May 01, 2010 10:14 pm

Read them.
Oh, yeah, the whole second volume is pretty much centered around her. She's pretty important.
The thing that bothers my most is THERE'S NO MEREDITH. WAAH. humph.

~h. f. e. l.
Image

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
User avatar
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
 
Posts: 3347
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:17 am
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Postby dazzel21 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:29 pm

LionandLamb123 wrote:
willowtree wrote:
LionandLamb123 wrote:
dazzel21 wrote:I gotta postpone reading maximum ride for vampire diaries. I become addictive with the tv series so I think I'll check out the books first...

I'm not totally sure on this, but I think that the books are totally different from the TV show. Like I think Elena is supposedly the "ice queen" of her school and I'm not even sure if she has a brother, I think she has a little sister instead. That's just according to reviews I read about it on amazon. But Maximum Ride are some really great books ! :)


It's true. Everything is absolutely and completely messed up, so I refuse to watch the TV show.

~h. f. e. l.


So you like the books better than the show ? I don't want to read the books because it would mess up everything I know from the show and confuse me :lol: Is Katherine even a character in the books ?


I like the show better. I'm almost done with the first book but I can't connect with Stefan in the book. Which is why I'm in book 2 of Maximum Ride and stuck in book 1 of Vampire Diaries. Yes I'm reading Maximum Ride... :lol:
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
Image
~Team Edward Forever~
User avatar
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:44 am
Location: lost in Twilight zone

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Postby blasphemous_contessa » Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Everyone should read Maximum Ride.

I'm rereadign Orson Scott Card's books about Sarah, Rebekah, Racheal, and Leah. I really like historical fiction, sci-fy, fantasy, and "what if this was different?" books so obviously he's on the top three favorite author list
Image
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
User avatar
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
 
Posts: 4742
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:22 pm
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Postby willowtree » Wed May 05, 2010 6:54 pm

Sami~ Likewise. Love those kinda books.
My friend recommended Maximum Ride... I need to end up reading it...

~h. f. e. l.
Image

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
User avatar
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
 
Posts: 3347
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:17 am
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Postby marielle » Thu May 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Ok ... I suck,.... my addiction is out of control....
my bookcase is full.... over flowing, books scattered all acros the house...
and today i bought two new books...............
I have like 6 books laying around I still haven't read...

I need a bigger house for my books....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Image

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
User avatar
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry
 
Posts: 3213
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:09 am
Location: Holland, wishing for forks

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Postby Total Twilight Fan » Thu May 06, 2010 3:27 pm

marielle wrote:Ok ... I suck,.... my addiction is out of control....
my bookcase is full.... over flowing, books scattered all acros the house...
and today i bought two new books...............
I have like 6 books laying around I still haven't read...

I need a bigger house for my books....


I have a massive bookcase filling the spare room, one above my bed (for Twilight related), one across the room (for L.J Smith) one for Fandom Books (Doctor Who, Torchwood, Primeval) and I still have books everywhere. We both need a walk in libary like in the Tardis.
Image
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
User avatar
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:26 am
Location: the rez.

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Postby Edwards Ragazza » Thu May 06, 2010 10:48 pm

blasphemous_contessa wrote:Everyone should read Maximum Ride.

I'm rereadign Orson Scott Card's books about Sarah, Rebekah, Racheal, and Leah. I really like historical fiction, sci-fy, fantasy, and "what if this was different?" books so obviously he's on the top three favorite author list


If you like historical my friend recommended me A Great and Terrible Beauty by LIbba Bray. I have it but need to finish the book that I am in. But from what you wrote it sounds like something you might enjoy.
Image
Banner by TammyAZ
User avatar
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:06 am

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Postby LionandLamb123 » Tue May 11, 2010 6:33 pm

dazzel21 wrote:
LionandLamb123 wrote:
willowtree wrote:
LionandLamb123 wrote:
dazzel21 wrote:I gotta postpone reading maximum ride for vampire diaries. I become addictive with the tv series so I think I'll check out the books first...

I'm not totally sure on this, but I think that the books are totally different from the TV show. Like I think Elena is supposedly the "ice queen" of her school and I'm not even sure if she has a brother, I think she has a little sister instead. That's just according to reviews I read about it on amazon. But Maximum Ride are some really great books ! :)


It's true. Everything is absolutely and completely messed up, so I refuse to watch the TV show.

~h. f. e. l.


So you like the books better than the show ? I don't want to read the books because it would mess up everything I know from the show and confuse me :lol: Is Katherine even a character in the books ?


I like the show better. I'm almost done with the first book but I can't connect with Stefan in the book. Which is why I'm in book 2 of Maximum Ride and stuck in book 1 of Vampire Diaries. Yes I'm reading Maximum Ride... :lol:


I LOVE MAXIMUM RIDE :D I love Fang so much :lol: :lol:
Image
User avatar
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands
 
Posts: 1227
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: The Meadow =]

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Postby dazzel21 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:57 am

LionandLamb123 wrote:I LOVE MAXIMUM RIDE :D I love Fang so much :lol: :lol:


I do too!!! But I'm trying to finish Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief then I'm off to the 2nd book of Maximum Ride.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
Image
~Team Edward Forever~
User avatar
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:44 am
Location: lost in Twilight zone

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Postby fanMNM » Fri May 14, 2010 11:12 pm

marielle wrote:Ok ... I suck,.... my addiction is out of control....
my bookcase is full.... over flowing, books scattered all acros the house...
and today i bought two new books...............
I have like 6 books laying around I still haven't read...

I need a bigger house for my books....




Just had to comment because I swear, you were reading my mind with this post!! I have no more room for another bookcase, but I caught myself looking at them the other day, trying to figure out where I could wedge another one into my house!! :lol: I've promised myself to catch up reading the books I have, but I don't see how I'm ever going to when I keep buying new ones every week! It's sad, really... :roll:
Image

Thank you Naureen!!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire
 
Posts: 1906
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:47 pm
Location: lost in a book somewhere...

PreviousNext

Return to Flight to Phoenix

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron