Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Tyler Crowley

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss Tyler.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Tyler Crowley

Post by urcoolcarrie »

i think tyler is so...weird. i thought it was hillarious that he told everyone that bella was going to prom with him, and that he even showed up at her house. :) ha ha, i love the conversation that he and edward had on the phone when edward was taking bella to prom.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

I was laughing when Tyler went to Bella's house on prom night. Edward's conversation with him made me feel pity for Tyler , and another time, laugh for him. He has such a funny character.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I had to feel bad for Tyler that he thought that he was going to the prom with Tyler. But, honestly? ha ha.

I thought that he was so funny though. Bella and Edward were practically always touching and he had the nerve to think he is going to the prom with her. He he. Poor Tyler. Sigh.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

urcoolcarrie wrote:i think tyler is so...weird. i thought it was hillarious that he told everyone that bella was going to prom with him, and that he even showed up at her house. :) ha ha, i love the conversation that he and edward had on the phone when edward was taking bella to prom.

bahaha right!? i was so mad when he came to that conclusion that Bella was his for Prom...i've had that happen to be before and i was SO. MAD. it's like disregarding the person's wishes altogether...furthermore

Taylor Crowley: served by Edward freaking Cullen
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Leave Tyler alone! He's a perfectly good guy.
He liked Bella, like so many others, and when he asked her to the dance and she declined, he said well, maybe prom. Bella was like, sure, okay. Which implies that she would go to prom with him. Any other guy would have thought the same. Tyler was not so out of line going to pick her up for the dance she agreed to go to with him. It's mean for everyone to laugh at him for something in which he was totally right. If Bella didn't want to go to prom with him, she should of just said no instead of agreeing and humiliating the poor guy.
Tyler would have been a sweet, caring, loyal boyfriend for any girl.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
Destani

Post by Destani »

Awww I like Tyler. He's one of my favorite humans. He doesn't faun all over Bella when she first arrives like Mike and Eric. He may have been interested in her but it wasn't until after the accident that he becomes one of her would-be suitors. He was so sweet after the accident too. He's the only one showing any visible damage, but he's laying in the hospital bleeding and constantly apologizing to Bella and Edward.

I did think it was hilarious when he showed up to take Bella to the prom. But Bella was vague in the way she answered him. I'm not surprised that he took her answer to mean "yes."

I'm undecided on whether I think he just didn't notice how close Edward and Bella had become or maybe he noticed but didn't want to press his luck by asking Bella for a confirmation of their "date." SM has stated that the Cullens really didn't participate in many school functions and mainly went to prom for Bella's sake. So Tyler could have assumed that Bella and Edward were just dating (like regular people, nothing serious) and that Bella would be free for the prom so their date would stand.

Either way, the worst thing I can say about him is he's a little oblivious. I think he's a sweetie and would be a very loyal boyfriend.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Destani wrote:Awww I like Tyler. He's one of my favorite humans. He doesn't faun all over Bella when she first arrives like Mike and Eric. He may have been interested in her but it wasn't until after the accident that he becomes one of her would-be suitors. He was so sweet after the accident too. He's the only one showing any visible damage, but he's laying in the hospital bleeding and constantly apologizing to Bella and Edward.

I did think it was hilarious when he showed up to take Bella to the prom. But Bella was vague in the way she answered him. I'm not surprised that he took her answer to mean "yes."

I'm undecided on whether I think he just didn't notice how close Edward and Bella had become or maybe he noticed but didn't want to press his luck by asking Bella for a confirmation of their "date." SM has stated that the Cullens really didn't participate in many school functions and mainly went to prom for Bella's sake. So Tyler could have assumed that Bella and Edward were just dating (like regular people, nothing serious) and that Bella would be free for the prom so their date would stand.

Either way, the worst thing I can say about him is he's a little oblivious. I think he's a sweetie and would be a very loyal boyfriend.
Yay! Somebody agrees with me.
I think it was a cross between him not realizing how close they were and not wanting to press his luck. I think that since Bella never said any different, he assumed that their date was still valid. I think Tyler's great though. I wish he went to my school. :)
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

Bella never actually agreed in any way to go to the prom with Tyler!

Page 78: " "Sorry, Tyler," I said, working to hide my irritation. "I really am going out of town."

"That's cool. We still have prom."

And before I could respond, he was walking back to his car. I could fee the shock on my face."

I don't dislike Tyler in any way, but I have to agree that it was way nervy of him to show up at Bella's house to pick her up for a dance that she never agreed to. In fact, he didn't even exactly ask her to go with him in the first place! :roll:
I Want to Believe
Destani

Post by Destani »

^Oops, you are right. I didn't have my books with me when I made my comment earlier and my memory was combining her response to Tyler with her response to Eric (where he says "maybe next time" and she says "sure" and immediately regrets it). So yeah, I was wrong.

I still like Tyler though. But yes, it was kind of nervy to show up like that without getting a response from her at all.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/