Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by TammyAZ »

I guess coming from a place where money is an every day issue (can we pay rent, what about groceries) when it comes to talent, whether it's movie, TV or sports related and holding back for more money just makes me sick!!

I mean c'mon already! So you make 3 million instead of 4?? How much do you really need?? Sorry but if this was an issue because of not enough screen time, not agreeing with the scenes that is one thing but to boil it all down to more money when you already have more than you'll ever need is just a disgrace to me. I just don't have the respect for talents that do that.

Sorry ::end rant::

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I get your point Tammy, but I would have to agree that they all deserve more. I mean, they do just as much press and all that that the others do, why not get more? I don't think they should get as much as say Robert Pattionson and Kristen Stewart, but a raise isn't such a bad thing(even if actors ARE grossly over-paid!)
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

The other thing to keep in mind is that Summit will continue to benefit from their work for decades after their work is done. So, they are not only being paid for the work they are currently doing, but also the subsequent uses of their images and performances. Not to mention, look at how much they've already made from their efforts...the first two films grossed nearly 1 billion dollars worldwide, just in theaters. Add in DVD sales, merchendising, promotions etc... I think all of the actors have every right to share that profit.

Plus, the rumours grossly overstated what they were requesting. From more reliable sources, they requested somewhere between 1.5 and 2.5 million each. Fairly reasonable, given the huge momentum of the franchise. Nikki bailing on them and settling for a way lowball amount did nothing but weaken their ability to negotiate. If they'd stood solid, Summit wasn't going to replace all four of them. Rachelle/Victoria was one thing. The Cullen siblings are entirely another.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

Wow I mst have been in a bad mood when I posted earlier. After reading the real sories and now that the hype has died down I'm beginning to agree with alot of others ...the movies make enough to pay them what they're worth..which is quite a bit to alot of people :)

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I think they should get paid more especially with all the time they are taking to make appearances for promoting the movies. It isn't like they are asking for insane amount . What Summit has made off this Saga I think each and every one of the main cast should receive more pay.

Caryn~ I thought all actors receive a paycheck for every time the movie airs on TV?
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:I think they should get paid more especially with all the time they are taking to make appearances for promoting the movies. It isn't like they are asking for insane amount . What Summit has made off this Saga I think each and every one of the main cast should receive more pay.

Caryn~ I thought all actors receive a paycheck for every time the movie airs on TV?
They do get royalties off of subsequent airings and rereleases an the like. However, just as they did not realize exactly how successful The Saga was going to be when they started, they also didn't realize how often or how far into the future The Twilight Saga will probably be a part of our cultural lexicon. So, the amount they originally agreed to is probably far less than what they should have and now can ask for.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

Jazz Girl wrote:
Edwards Ragazza wrote:I think they should get paid more especially with all the time they are taking to make appearances for promoting the movies. It isn't like they are asking for insane amount . What Summit has made off this Saga I think each and every one of the main cast should receive more pay.

They do get royalties off of subsequent airings and rereleases an the like. However, just as they did not realize exactly how successful The Saga was going to be when they started, they also didn't realize how often or how far into the future The Twilight Saga will probably be a part of our cultural lexicon. So, the amount they originally agreed to is probably far less than what they should have and now can ask for.
true facts!! plus their likeness gets used in all of our merch and stuff i mean if you've seen the new hot topic merch there's team Alice and Team Emmett tshirts etc, Summit makes cash from them ( and us :lol: ) in soooo many ways and they do work really hard not only in shooting the films but in the promo for them, i know it's not exactly hard work in the way that any of us know but ye know they all deserve to be paid a little more at this point .
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

So does Little, Brown/Hatchett Book Group, since Stephenie licenced distribution of the novels to them, and Summit probably pays them licencing royalities(for novel/movie companion book) distrubution just like how Summit pays Stephenie(copyright holder of all Twilight IP).
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

This was on Facebook so apparently any money issues have been resolved. :D

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/not ... 9422020005
Grayce
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

oohh yeah saw this yesterday kellan and ashley have signed on! whoop panic over
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**