Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by TammyAZ »

But again we have to make sure we're consistant here....We can't scream "stay true to the books ar we'll never forgive you" and then change the way the honeymoon scene is in the book by adding more to it.

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

bored by the sea wrote:just to wade in on the discussion, have you guys seen True Blood?!!! there is absolutely NO way it could end up being as graphic as that lol, there's ways they can do it tastefully if they wanted
Yes I have seen true blood and I was shocked,.. (is that serie pg-13?????? in the states???)
They have shown the first season on true blood in the afternoon here, on the wednesday....Now as you know in Holland a lot is tollerated but to show such a scene in the afternoon... even I thought it was to much....
bored by the sea wrote:Marielle i'd happily give you the job as screenplay writer, im not really a mellissa roseburg fan ayways
YAy, Thanx... I hope Summit is listening
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

marielle wrote:
bored by the sea wrote:just to wade in on the discussion, have you guys seen True Blood?!!! there is absolutely NO way it could end up being as graphic as that lol, there's ways they can do it tastefully if they wanted
Yes I have seen true blood and I was shocked,.. (is that serie pg-13?????? in the states???)
They have shown the first season on true blood in the afternoon here, on the wednesday....Now as you know in Holland a lot is tollerated but to show such a scene in the afternoon... even I thought it was to much....
Yeah, I was...more than surprised at that certantly. I couldnt believe that they did that to TB.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

TammyAZ wrote:But again we have to make sure we're consistant here....We can't scream "stay true to the books ar we'll never forgive you" and then change the way the honeymoon scene is in the book by adding more to it.
its not technically adding more to it :lol: because it is what happens essentially its just that stephenie alludes to it and doesnt describe it word for word.
marielle wrote:
bored by the sea wrote:Marielle i'd happily give you the job as screenplay writer, im not really a mellissa roseburg fan ayways
YAy, Thanx... I hope Summit is listening
:lol: :lol: we can but hope ha ha
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

True Blood is made for adults, it is not PG13 it is MA for Mature Audiences which is supposed to be 17 or 18 and up. (depends on where you look whether it's 17 or 18), True Blood also has a lot of graphic sex scenes in the book so it's not surprising that it's in the show. Add to that it's HBO which are pay channels, anything goes during any time of day. The premium channels don't have to stick to time restrictions for nudity as they play movies 24/7 which many might have some nudity.

I think comparing TB to Twilight is comparing apples and oranges, you are targeting 2 completely different age groups here with the ratings IMO

It least here in the states HBO is a premium channel you have to pay extra to have.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

MiVidaLoca wrote:True Blood is made for adults, it is not PG13 it is MA for Mature Audiences which is supposed to be 17 or 18 and up. (depends on where you look whether it's 17 or 18), True Blood also has a lot of graphic sex scenes in the book so it's not surprising that it's in the show. Add to that it's HBO which are pay channels, anything goes during any time of day. The premium channels don't have to stick to time restrictions for nudity as they play movies 24/7 which many might have some nudity.

I think comparing TB to Twilight is comparing apples and oranges, you are targeting 2 completely different age groups here with the ratings IMO

It least here in the states HBO is a premium channel you have to pay extra to have.
yeah that wasnt exactly where i was going with that anyway i was just saying that to say that anything that could be shown in Breaking dawn would be shocking or too shocking to show is a little stupid as there are far worse things shownin general on tv/in films. and over here its shown on a main tv channel tha you dont have to pay for at like 9 o clock :lol:
**TEAM EDWARD**
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

So is it still put on by HBO there?

That is cool you don't have to pay extra for the channels like that.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

TammyAZ wrote:But again we have to make sure we're consistant here....We can't scream "stay true to the books ar we'll never forgive you" and then change the way the honeymoon scene is in the book by adding more to it.
That's very true!! (Way to put us in our place. :lol: ) I actually don't care if they don't show more than what's in the book. (Even though obviously there are fans that want them to show a lot of stuff. Make it Rated R.)

I havne't seen TB. Nor do I want to. I've heard about it & that's why I haven't seen it.

I love the fact that SM's going to be a producer. It'll be neat for her to get involved.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

MiVidaLoca wrote:So is it still put on by HBO there?

wow o.k. well this is going to take some explaining........ o.k. well firstly over here we have 4 channels that are funded by a form of tax called a t.v. licence, but its not that we pay a subscription to get that channel you have to pay for a t.v. licence in order to watch t.v., its shown on one of those channels- channel 4 which everyone can watch, however its is also shown on a sky channel called FX that you do have to pay a subscription to get :lol:
**TEAM EDWARD**
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

bored by the sea wrote:
MiVidaLoca wrote:So is it still put on by HBO there?

wow o.k. well this is going to take some explaining........ o.k. well firstly over here we have 4 channels that are funded by a form of tax called a t.v. licence, but its not that we pay a subscription to get that channel you have to pay for a t.v. licence in order to watch t.v., its shown on one of those channels- channel 4 which everyone can watch, however its is also shown on a sky channel called FX that you do have to pay a subscription to get :lol:

So do you only have 4 channels period. Or you have regular channels but than you have to pay for this Lic. to get these other 4 channels?

Like for us, we have the basic local channels everyone gets, example, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX than you can get expanded cable and get channels like MTV,Discovery, etc. Than you can get premium channels and that is your HBO, Showtime, and so on and the shows on there.
Satellite works much the same, but their are many different Tiers.

HBO is on the premium channels and you have to pay the extra for and that is shown only on that channel. I don't know if anyone here has heard of Dexter, but that is for sure rated R and it was on Showtime, but one of the local channels played a season of it, it had to be edited and cut down so much that it didn't last. It took way to much away to have to butcher it for "regular viewing" that everyone could get.

Thanks for explaining. I guess I never thought TV was much different in regards to cable and all that in other countries. (I have only been to Mexico) I mean I know a lot more is allowed in some countries, but as far as how cable and local channels and all that is I thought was the same. It's interesting to hear about the differences.