Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Post by Openhome »

Aww, thanks for the cute pup pictures!! If you think it's hard now, wait until you are running after him with laptop in hand! Once my kids started walking, it seemed I never sat.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Happy Birthday jenni_elyse!

What has everyone been reading lately?
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Happy Birthday jenni_elyse!

I've begun re-reading the Host, but at a murderous slow pace, due to obvious reasons... :)
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Happy Birthday Jenni-Elyse

I'm reading Atlantis Redeemed by Alyssa Day, but I have recently gotten sucked into the Sebastian St. Cyr mystery series by C.S. Harris. I'm waiting for the next one now...
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Happy Birthday, Jenni!

I've got so many books going on right now, it's hard to keep them straight! Lots of YA, mixed in with Children's Lit, Adult lit, and some graphic novels. :ugeek:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Happy Birthday Jenni!!

Cullengirl: You are supposed to be that immersed. It's not fair. I have to sneak reading in around kids and work. However, I am thrilled that you take your job so seriously. I love getting hints from you guys.

I have re-started City of Bones after finding it in my son's room. I am also re-reading the Twilight Saga because sometimes you just need to. Adult wise, I'm reading a Nicholas Sparks novel (I've discovered that the names don't matter, they all have the same basic story line ;) )

I'm waiting to start: One for the Money, Hunger Games, and Caressed by Ice until I have a little more time.
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Openhome wrote:Cullengirl: You are supposed to be that immersed. It's not fair. I have to sneak reading in around kids and work. However, I am thrilled that you take your job so seriously.
LOL, I love my job! Not only does it give me an "excuse" to read, but it helps me stay awake at my current part-time job. :ugeek:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Cullengirl! Why did I not realize that you were still on the Lex, just hanging out in places I haven't been for a while?

(*waves*)

And Happy Belated Birthday Jenni....

So I'm wondering...am I the only person on this site who hasn't seen NM and isn't planning to see Eclipse? Who has serious issues with watching particular, concrete, visible people (that is, actors) trying to act out people (that is, Edward, Bella etc) I already have in my head? I wish I could get my mind round these films because it would be such fun to have more Twilight, new Twilight, to look forward to, immerse myself in, talk about -- but I just really don't want to go there!
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I saw NM and I plan on seeing Ec as well. I think what helps me is that when I watch the movies I try to think of them as their own entity. Although I will engage in the discussions about the differences and such. It's probably why I'm one of the few people who enjoy both versions of the Charlie/Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. However, the movies do not influence what I see when I reread the books. But being that I'm typeA, I'm able to just keep them separate in my head.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Hi, December! *Waves back* Yes, I've been lurking.
So I'm wondering...am I the only person on this site who hasn't seen NM and isn't planning to see Eclipse? Who has serious issues with watching particular, concrete, visible people (that is, actors) trying to act out people (that is, Edward, Bella etc) I already have in my head? I wish I could get my mind round these films because it would be such fun to have more Twilight, new Twilight, to look forward to, immerse myself in, talk about -- but I just really don't want to go there!
RE: The movies- I know where you are coming from. The actors don't match up to the people that I have in my head either. Razpaz irritates me like no other. He just does nothing for me. Although I like Kirsten Stewart in her other movies, I really think she is misplaced in her role. The other characters besides Anna Kendrick and Taylor, I don't care for. I thought about not seeing the movies after the movie Twilight since I absolutely hated it, but I continued to see the films because of morbid curiosity as well as I can't help but get swept away with the energy and passion of the fans when I go to the midnight premieres. I know I'm contradicting myself, but that's my only explanation. *shrugs* By the way, I strongly feel that way about watching any "Wuthering Heights" adaptation, except the latest version that I saw with Tom Hardy was pretty close to how I imagined the characters.