Periods...not a grammar topic

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Periods...not a grammar topic

Post by pennybug84 »

Jadey wrote:Im one of the unlucky chickies that gets pain SOO badly that I can't even walk... or move.
Or if I can walk.. I have to do it bent over.. and taking one step every 10 seconds :shock:
Thank goodness for drugs.. my best friend ;)

Thats when I think how damn lucky guys are. :roll:
man I'm so sorry that really stinks (and for everyone else dealing with the pains of being a girl.) thankfuly I don't really get bad cramps. I just hate having to deal with tampons and pads & on the heavy days being paranoid that somehow it'll get on my pants or something. It's terrible, I hate it.

And I agree with you about guys being lucky. The only reason I would want to be a guy would be to not have to deal w/our monthly "friend."
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

pennybug84 wrote:
Jadey wrote:Im one of the unlucky chickies that gets pain SOO badly that I can't even walk... or move.
Or if I can walk.. I have to do it bent over.. and taking one step every 10 seconds :shock:
Thank goodness for drugs.. my best friend ;)

Thats when I think how damn lucky guys are. :roll:
man I'm so sorry that really stinks (and for everyone else dealing with the pains of being a girl.) thankfuly I don't really get bad cramps. I just hate having to deal with tampons and pads & on the heavy days being paranoid that somehow it'll get on my pants or something. It's terrible, I hate it.

And I agree with you about guys being lucky. The only reason I would want to be a guy would be to not have to deal w/our monthly "friend."
I get this terrible pain for a couple of days. And usually I throw up a couple of times while it lasts...Like I did three times yesterday. So it's just the worst time of the month. Absolutely hate it.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

With me, the worst thing is fatigue. I can barely get out of bed, I can't concentrate on anything all day, and everyone asks me if I'm okay because they think I'm depressed or something.

And occasionally I'll get really bad cramps. And the worst is the back ones. I feel like I'm walking around with a broken back.

Question? Does anyone else have pain BEFORE their period, like when they're ovulating? I do, and sometimes it's worse than my period cramps.
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

i get bad cramps all day for my whole period and bad moodswings and a headache arrrh sucks :(
team edward all the way
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

therealmrswhitlock wrote:Question? Does anyone else have pain BEFORE their period, like when they're ovulating? I do, and sometimes it's worse than my period cramps.
I do. that's how I know it's close for me. I get them in my lower abdomen and in my lower back. It littterally feels like I am dying it's so bad!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

does anyone know of any other reasons a person's period could be late? I haven't had mine in almost two months. i'm not sexually active, haven't been seriously ill, and am at a healthy weight. what else could it be?
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Stress could be a big trigger for that. I know after my father died almost 10 years ago, I didn;t have one for like 2 or 3 months. I was in so much stress is what the doctor told me. You could also have an illness. I would go to a gyno for that just to be sure!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
blasphemous_contessa
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Thanks. I know I get ovarian cysts, but it's never interfered with my cycle before, I was pretty stressed out for most of march and april but everything's cool now. I don't have health insurance so it's going to be really hard for me to get in to see a doctor (not to mention expensive) but if it goes on like this for another month I think I'll have to.

It's not like I miss my period, it's always been really long (over a week) and heavy (supers the whole time anything less and I'd have to change every hour) and my cramps were killer. But I also don't want it to be a symptom of some horrible disease that's making it not come now, either.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Zoee Rose
Settled in Forks

Post by Zoee Rose »

I used to get bad cramps but thankfully not any more. I have horrible back pain though, which keeps me up all night. It sucks! Guys are so freaking lucky.

I thought I'd share an embarrasing story with you guys.
A couple of months ago, on one of the heavier days, I had P.E. We were playing rounders. So there I was, all innocent and unknowing, thinking that it was all going to be fine, standing there with my mini, low-absorbency pad. It was my turn to bat, and when I completed a rounder, I turned to see everyone staring at me. I was like "whaaat?" Almost everyone was giggling, except for my friends. Then one of my friends nudges me and says "I think you've had a leak, Zo.", and I looked down at my shorts and there was a huge trickle of blood down my legs. I could almost feel my face on fire. :O I think that was when I learnt my lesson with low-absorbency pads! EEK.

I miss my period quite a lot. I'm still irregular, and I first started last August.
Chocolate does NOT help me! If anything, it makes my cramps worse. Water makes me feel better.
^lilabut @ livejournal
TEAM JACOB FTW!
blasphemous_contessa

I've had my period for about 10 years and it's still regularly irregular. It finally showed up yesterdaya nd the cramps are horrible, but peach tea helps and so does excercise. I could never use low absorbancy pads ever. i use super plus tampon with a back up regular pad instead of a panty liner cuz i don't always get the chance to use the bathroom when i need to where i work.