True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Ser

Post by Twilight<3 »

Oh goodness, so am I, so I am so excited for the new season. All of season one and two are on OnDemand so I just HAD to go back and watch episode nine of season two again when Sookie has the dream about Eric. Looks like it's going to be pretty steamy between them in season three!
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Ive just borrowed from the library A Touch of Dead to read. Will be interesting and hopefully good to get some background knowledge of some of the characters in the books.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

funkidiva wrote:Ive just borrowed from the library A Touch of Dead to read. Will be interesting and hopefully good to get some background knowledge of some of the characters in the books.
I haven't read the books but I heard the show is different but just as good as the books. I liked the show and watched both seasons and have the books in my library queue.
Banner by TammyAZ
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

There are quite a few differences between the books and the series (which is usually the case) but its a bonus in a way as 2 different stories to read and watch as such.

Ive read nearly all the books and have enjoyed them but am frustratingly waiting for series 2 to start in the UK sometime this year.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

I love the show series! And I have started to read the books! Its hard to get into the books after watching the show even though I see the differences. I'm on book #2 right now. I kinda want to get ahead of the show cause I think it'll be easier to read, not wondering whats the same and whats not. But they are both very good!
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

See, I didn't like the books that much because they were quite dull. The books focused solely on Sookie and we didn't get all the subplots or as much character development. It's a rare occasion when I like the movie or show better than the books, but True Blood is one of those rare occasions.

Also, for those who haven't seen it, a super extended trailer for season three: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkbpWom9 ... re=related I'm really hoping that Eric/Sookie scene in the bedroom is not a dream, seeing as I'm a huge shipper for them.
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

I am going to have to watch that. And since I started to watch the show first, I was a Bill person. But now that I've read the first two books, I am starting to like Eric more. But Eric in the books seems nicer and more into Sookie then in the show..I guess I'll have to see how the show plays it out. I can't wait.
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Wow can't believe anyone has posted yet since the big premiere was tonight....but ANYWAY..I guess I'll kick things off...THIS SEASON IS GOING TO ROCK! Tonights episode was a little slow, but is setting things up for some awesome-ness
ImageImageImageImage
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Twilight<3 wrote:See, I didn't like the books that much because they were quite dull. The books focused solely on Sookie and we didn't get all the subplots or as much character development. It's a rare occasion when I like the movie or show better than the books, but True Blood is one of those rare occasions.

Glad you told me the books are dull. I have tried to read another series by the same author and after the second book I just couldn't do it anymore. I felt she was a dull writer. I do however like the tv show. And you are right there are those rare occasions where the shows are better than the movies.
Banner by TammyAZ
aussiesgrl
Settled in Forks

Post by aussiesgrl »

yeah the new season is going to rock!!!!! hello werewolves!?!