Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by Jestak »

It's Kristen's birthday today--I'm sure that we all wish her a happy one :)

One thing I liked in her performance was how she conveyed how Bella, at the beginning of Twilight, seems to be someone who hasn't had much real joy in her life, and doesn't really expect to get a lot of joy in the future, either.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

Kristen physically looks just as Bella is described in my opinion. There are times or scenes where she seems to rush her lines or tries too hard to be convincing (these times were during Twilight, so it's probably because she was young, and was still learning how to become Bella?), and there are other times where she is totally believable and you forget she's acting a role.

I can't imagine anyone else in the role of Bella though.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I know that Kristen has taken a lot of heat from the press lately, but here's on news article that states the truth on the matter:

http://www.altfg.com/blog/movie/kristen ... metaphors/
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Chernaudi wrote:I know that Kristen has taken a lot of heat from the press lately, but here's on news article that states the truth on the matter:

http://www.altfg.com/blog/movie/kristen ... metaphors/
Chernaudi~ I completely agree. I made similar comment on an LJ community this morning. It's the idea of violation, of having control of self taken away that she was talking about. I think Kristen's handled the insanity her life has become with some amazing grace.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Well, Jazz, I know that you're a sex abuse victim, and needless to say I'm sorry, and Kristen would be too if she knew.

People have just taken Kristen's comments out of context, and blew it all out of propotion, such is the power of modern gossip sites who just don't like Kristen to begin with. Seriously, read the comment: "...it's like watching someone getting raped."

First, Kristen didn't refer to herself specifically. She was refering to any pap photo of anyone, and refered to how disgusted she feels about anyone victimized by the paparazzi. And even at that, I'm willing to argue that the paparazzi in a way literally "rape" people. Witness the downblouse and upskirt shots the paps got of Kristen in Austrailia. If that's not sexual harassment(of which rape is an extreme form), then I don't know what is.

To be clear, I'm a guy, and I like Kristen. I do think that she's one of the most beautiful women in H'wood. But her outer beauty is vastly eclipsed by her inner beauty.

Also to be clear, am I on Kristen's side? Obviously I am. Do I agree with what she said? Yes. Am I 100% on her side. Not quite, but close. I do believe, because of the backlash, that Kristen could've used milder wording. But am I 90-99% on her side? Absolutely!

Because she has upset some people, Kristen will reportedly issue a statement clarifying her comment. However, the clarifaction is there in the quote if anyone's willing to use their brains, which I have faith that the true Twilight faithful will.

Besides, Rob used the "N" word in an interview, and he issued a clarification of his statement, and it's largely forgotten by the public now. I feel that Kristen deserves the same treament, considering that Rob got a free pass using a word that's more sinister than rape, and celebs say worse stuff than anything Kristen or Rob have ever said and get away with it.

But then again, Rob's the tradtional hot rebel. And I feel that there's a bias against Kristen because she's not the traditonal girly-girl, fame pursuing starlet. Of the Twilight cast, Anna Kendrick and Ashley Greene are the closest to fitting that mold--how close or how far they are from fitting it, I don't know. That's why I requested the media topic in the request a thread thread. Because I do feel that there's a bias against Kristen. Because she make's no compormises in her life, isn't the traditional girly girl hottie who likes having 30 paps follow her around.

She made a comment where in which she tried to let known her feeling abou the paps and metaphorically compaired their tactics to witnessing a rape as far as how sick it makes her feel. The guy who wrote that article I linked says that the average American(or anyone in a media dominated culture) lacks the ablility or(more aptly) the willingness to understand metaphors. Just like how people who diss Kristen's acting style, and her supporters say that those people lack the ability or willingness to understand facial expressions or mannerisms.

What ever petty beef that critics of Kristen Stewart have should get off their high horse and do some research and give the girl some respect.

By the way, just to show you what I think of the media, look at this exerp from the New Radicals song "You Get What You Give"

"Health insurance, rip-off lying
FDA, big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson,
Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes, run to your mansions..."

Guess what the media focused on, the political issued alluded to, or the celeb name dropping? Overwhelmingly, the celeb name dropping. Little wonder, then, that Kristen Stewart bascially hates mainstream media.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Sorry to bump a thread, but I have a few things to say about Kristen.

Since she's applogized for her comments(that was a big news story here), it seems that some people have come out of the woodwork to support her. Victims have stood by her, and everwhere I've gone(here, IMDB, People.com and CBS news, among others), over 90% of the comments have been supportive. It seems that most people got what she said, and even those who were a little offened have owned up to the fact that Kristen has a point and that she's at least owned up to making a mistake. I also agree with Nikki Reed's comments, that people basically warped her words.

Also, some people have ripped on RAINN(a little harshly, by the way, though those people who've argued that the "A" in "RAINN" stands for abuse-which is what Kristen deals with being harassed and accousted by the paps). As I said, it's a little harsh to rip on a charity that means well and made a knee-jerk statement, but like Kristen, they do have a valid point. But what's been said has been said. Kristen applogized, RAINN retracted their statement and also apologzed, and both are trying to mend the fence.

I mean, Kristen takes so much heat, and so much of it is undeserved. She's a normal person like you or I. How would you like to have cameras stuffed in your face on a daily basis, crowded and cornered, having unfattering photos(downtop or upskirt shots) taken of you and posted all over the internet, and asked invasive questions about your lovelife and called every sexist slang that exhist to describe a woman and even being grabbed at? Four words describe this: boldface, blantant, sexual harassment. How would you react if you were treated just a fraction as badly? Women and girls have killed themselves over less. Granted, Kristen refusing to ease up and standing her ground is commendable, but it takes a lot of guts to be her, and it also took guts for her to applogize. Her bravery should be commended and cherished, not thrown away, criticized or laughed at.

So what if she gets nervous in interviews or speaches? She's human. I'll bet you that if you were in her position, you'd feel the same. The media crucfiying her over a little cough during her speach at the Oscars, like the hate that was thown at her over her misconstrued "rape" comment, is simply uncalled for.

Walk a mile in the shoes of Kristen Stewart be for you judge her, because as the line goes, "do not judge thee, unless ye also be judged." It's happend in the light of her recent controversy, and it should've happened a long time ago.

People care about you, Kristen. I know that you realize that(and no, I haven't gone psycho, just stating my opinion), and don't let people tear you down, because those people are ugly, terrible people on the inside, and it shows.

pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

It's been a while now so I don't have a reference for it, but I read an interview Kirstin did about kissing Taycob in Eclipse & in there she said that it was weird, like it should be. I was like yes! She gets it. I don't remember her exact words. But I was just happy to read that. At least she understands.

I always feel bad for Kristin & the criticism she gets. It wasn't her choice to have the papparazi follow her everywhere & always wanting to take her photo.If I were in her position I'd hate it too. She got into the business because she likes acting not becuse she wants to be famous & be followed everywhere (like some people aka Lindsay Lohan who hasn't had a decent movie in forever.) I don't agree w/her choice of words but I agree w/the point she was trying to make. The photogs go too far sometimes. And being nervous in interviews - that shows she human just like the rest of us!! I too would have a hard time w/this if I were Kristin. I can totally understands her there too.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

People always give Kristen a hard time, shes only what 19! I bet people wouldnt like being followed around all the time by people clamouring to get a picture of you,expecting you to give them answers and what not.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Kristen and Rob address the "rape" comment-it seems that Rob owns up to there being a double standard(IE, if he said it, it would've been glossed over), and states why it got out of hand(tabloid gossipers spread their "interpation" of the statement).

You can say what you want about Rob, but he agrees with what Kristen said and why the mainstream media sucks in my book.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/06/ ... n-stewart/

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

hihi... of course Rob would stand up for his girl....

I think Kristen is doing an amazing job trying to keep her life private... I think people should respect the fact that she still is so young... and than to have ugly bald middle ages pappz attacking you everytime you breath..
and people always commenting on how bad her Bella preformance is

that girl is allowed to go crazy once in a while and make stupid comments ( although it was a bit true of course)...

btw...I want to say the Kris rocked Bella specially in Eclipse and I can't wait to zee her in BD becoming a vampire
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house