Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Jestak »

Jestak wrote:
And so, onward and upward the tired trekkers trudged on feverished footsies on the perilous paths. When they beheld the mighty Ape Mountain, the reacted with awe.

Awwww..
I said, "Awe." A-W-E.
Ooh...
That's better.
And as a hint, a second quote from the same film:

There's five stinking apes out there. Which one are we taking to Vegas?

The one who's playing chess!
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Jestak wrote:
Jestak wrote:
And so, onward and upward the tired trekkers trudged on feverished footsies on the perilous paths. When they beheld the mighty Ape Mountain, the reacted with awe.

Awwww..
I said, "Awe." A-W-E.
Ooh...
That's better.
And as a hint, a second quote from the same film:

There's five stinking apes out there. Which one are we taking to Vegas?

The one who's playing chess!
That one had me stumped for a while...it's from George of the Jungle.

Here's my next one:
[Sally's letter to Gillian] "Sometimes I feel like there's a hole inside of me, an emptiness that at times seems to burn. I think if you lifted my heart to your ear, you could probably hear the ocean. The moon tonight, there's a circle around it. Sign of trouble not far behind. I have this dream of being whole. Of not going to sleep each night, wanting. But still sometimes, when the wind is warm or the crickets sing... I dream of a love that even time will lie down and be still for. I just want someone to love me. I want to be seen. I don't know. Maybe I had my happiness. I don't want to believe it but, there is no man, Gilly. Only that moon."
Grayce
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"Sometimes I feel like there's a hole inside of me, an emptiness that at times seems to burn. I think if you lifted my heart to your ear, you could probably hear the ocean. The moon tonight, there's a circle around it. Sign of trouble not far behind. I have this dream of being whole. Of not going to sleep each night, wanting. But still sometimes, when the wind is warm or the crickets sing... I dream of a love that even time will lie down and be still for. I just want someone to love me. I want to be seen. I don't know. Maybe I had my happiness. I don't want to believe it but, there is no man, Gilly. Only that moon."

That is from Practical Magic

Next:

If you was hit by a truck and you was lying out there in that gutter dying, and you had time to sing *one* song. Huh? One song that people would remember before you're dirt. One song that would let God know how you felt about your time here on Earth. One song that would sum you up. You tellin' me that's the song you'd sing?
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Walk The Line!!!!

You did not want a woman to be interested in you just because you owned a pretty bank account.
Um, yes.
Yes. Well, then we have something in common. We are both not to be trusted.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

You did not want a woman to be interested in you just because you owned a pretty bank account.
Um, yes.
Yes. Well, then we have something in common. We are both not to be trusted.

That is from Original Sin

Next:

Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history.
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Jestak wrote:Next:

Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history.
:lol: That's Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Next:
"Hello, I'm a nocturnal placental mammal of the order pterodidae, or ptero-didn't-I... In case you can't tell, I'm a bat!"
Grayce
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"Hello, I'm a nocturnal placental mammal of the order pterodidae, or ptero-didn't-I... In case you can't tell, I'm a bat!"

That's Ferngully: The Last Rainforest

Next:

Wanda, do you have any idea what it's like being English? Being so correct all the time, being so stifled by this dread of, of doing the wrong thing, of saying to someone 'Are you married?' and hearing ' My wife left me this morning,' or saying, uh, ' Do you have children?' and being told they all burned to death on Wednesday. You see, Wanda, we'll all terrified of embarrassment. That's why we're so... dead. Most of my friends are dead, you know, we have these piles of corpses to dinner.
AlectoCullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AlectoCullen »

Jestak wrote:
Next:

Wanda, do you have any idea what it's like being English? Being so correct all the time, being so stifled by this dread of, of doing the wrong thing, of saying to someone 'Are you married?' and hearing ' My wife left me this morning,' or saying, uh, ' Do you have children?' and being told they all burned to death on Wednesday. You see, Wanda, we'll all terrified of embarrassment. That's why we're so... dead. Most of my friends are dead, you know, we have these piles of corpses to dinner.
That's Archie from A Fish Called Wanda

Here's hoping someone gets this one...

"I know, I know. I'm gonna use good judgment. I haven't lost my temper in forty years, but pilgrim you caused a lot of trouble this morning, might have got somebody killed... and somebody oughta belt you in the mouth. But I won't, I won't. The *hell* I won't!"
Thanks to audreywarenne for the signature.
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

McLintok..or McLintock (sp?)

Have we anything resembling a plan?
Mm-hm. Ride till we find them... and kill them all.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Have we anything resembling a plan?
Mm-hm. Ride till we find them... and kill them all.

That is from The 13th Warrior, a very underrated movie that I really like :)

Next:

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room