General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Denali Coven

Post by ilovetwilight »

I HAVE A QUESTION! ok so i was just wondering if anybody knew or had any ideas why (in ECLIPSE) when bella asked edward which one of the denali coven had a preference in him why he got all tence and didn't answer at first, and then it seemed like something more happened with tanya that he wasnt telling bella. anybody have any thoughts??
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

mlola619 wrote:I never really liked the Denali coven- not that i hated them or anything, i just never really had an opinion on them. But i'm glad SM decided to bring them out in the last book- they seem to be just like the Cullens, which i really liked. Their love for humanity was obvious...
yea i felt i got to know them for who they really were in BD. I liked Tanya probably the most because she had a kind air about her and she didn't hold grudges on bella for getting edward to props to her. mmm, mixed emotions about the death of Irina, i felt sad because it was such a brutal way to die, especially after doing a honorable thing for her sisters, but then, and excuse me for being cruel, i also felt that she sort of brought it all on her self, i mean if only she hadn't let her emotions rule her mind in such a way that she wouldn't mind the death or destruction of innocent people just because she lost her mate who wasn't all that noble either. I just felt like if she hadn't made such a rash decision she would have survived the saga
FutureCullen108
Settled in Forks

Post by FutureCullen108 »

I love all of the Denalis, and I'm really glad Steph included them in Breaking Dawn. Kate and Garrett are by far my favorites; I love how they got the easy, no drama relationship once all the chaos was over. Carmen and Eleazar remind me of Carlise and Esme; they seem very paternal and mature. I felt really bad for Tanya in the end though, because she lost he sister and she still ended up partnerless. I really hope that sometime in the imaginary future she finds someone :D .
VanessaWolfe
Settled in Forks

Re: Kate's Power on Bella's Shield

Post by VanessaWolfe »

I have a question. :)

Stephanie Meyer have said in her website (and also in Eclipse) that Bella cannot be affected by Edward's and Aro's, or Jane's supernatural powers. But Alice and Jasper were able to affect her because their powers is clearly not a "mental" thing. They affect her physical body and things that doesn't involve going through Bella's mind.

So my question is: How come Kate was not able to affect Bella and those people Bella were shielding when she became a vampire if Kate's power affects the physical body? She can generate electric current through her skin, right? And it's not just illusion.

Thanks! :)
Katrina Denali
Settled in Forks

Post by Katrina Denali »

Kate is also my favorite of the Denail clan (hm...I wonder if I've already gave it way). Mostly because not only does she share my first name (Katrina), but she's scarastic and tries to joke whenever she can.

And she wanted to go after Jane :evil:

(BTW, the woman in my avatar is supposed to be my vision of Kate <3 )
LeechesRule95

Post by LeechesRule95 »

Im not sure if I like the Denali Coven. I mean I dont hate them but then again I dont like them. When I read the Midnight Sun draft Tanya sounded pretty self absorbed to me but then again thats my opinion. :) Im not so sure about Kate but I definitely dont like Irina at all :x I mean she would have known why laurent was killed by the werewolves sooo why is she still mad, what he was going to do was against almost everything the whole coven believed in. Im sure she probably loved him alot but I mean I would have moved on..... :roll:
Carmen seems sweet she is the only one who actually listended to what Edward and Bella where saying in Breaking Dawn and she helped Bella alot even if Bella had trouble with being well tempered at that point. :lol: Im not so sure about Eleazar I did not pay so much attention to him..... But my Overall opinion of mthe coven is undecided Im not so sure.
LeechesRule95

Post by LeechesRule95 »

LeechesRule95 wrote:Im not sure if I like the Denali Coven. I mean I dont hate them but then again I dont like them. When I read the Midnight Sun draft Tanya sounded pretty self absorbed to me but then again thats my opinion. :) Im not so sure about Kate but I definitely dont like Irina at all :x I mean she would have known why laurent was killed by the werewolves sooo why is she still mad, what he was going to do was against almost everything the whole coven believed in. Im sure she probably loved him alot but I mean I would have moved on..... :roll:
Carmen seems sweet she is the only one who actually listended to what Edward and Bella where saying in Breaking Dawn and she helped Bella alot even if Bella had trouble with being well tempered at that point. :lol: Im not so sure about Eleazar I did not pay so much attention to him..... But my Overall opinion of mthe coven is undecided Im not so sure.

Sorry I got names mixeed up I meant to say that Kate had helped Bella and now everything i wrote seems pretty confusing

~~ Sorry 'bout that...... :D
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

the Denali clan was interesting. In fanfiction they always make Tanya the bad one, but I realized she was really nice. Carmen and Eleazar( i think that's how to spell it) I loved them they were understanding of the whole Reneesmee thing. Kate was really cool. I envy her ( as does allelie) about her getting Garret. :lol:
Irina.... I thought it was not a smart idea to snitch on people you call your family :?
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

I would have loved it if something had happened before between Edward and Tanya!
A one night or something!
I'm not saying he should have cheated on bella but before he knew her!
It would have really put some drama in the book and put a rocket under Bella's backside!

I thought it was good that Tanya was nice though!
It made me wonder why Edwrad turned her down and why he was so attracted Bella in the first place!

Does anyone agree?
xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

yeah i think something should have definately happened between edward and tanya...to add a little more drama to the story...not that theres not enough already. xD

edward did seem reallyy guilty when bella first asked him about it. a person having a crush on you isnt so horrible, which leads me to think that edward and tanya got a little frisky. haha, no im just kidding. i trust edward, he wouldnt do that.

anyway, i think all the denali's cool. except for irina, but she was justified in what she did though, i think.