A discussion of the novella The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Bree And Diego

Post by Pel »

Here's a place to discuss their relationship.
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Re: Bree And Diego

Post by Kate »

"I've got the handshake figured out. I'll show her in four day, when we meet up."
I was really sad when I read this... At this point, Diego and Bree have discover they were a army and only pawn. She doubted that Riley killed Diego, but she preferred believe Riley lies. It's almost: "I'm die, see you in 4 days..." :cry:

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Kate wrote:
"I've got the handshake figured out. I'll show her in four day, when we meet up."
I was really sad when I read this... At this point, Diego and Bree have discover they were a army and only pawn. She doubted that Riley killed Diego, but she preferred believe Riley lies. It's almost: "I'm die, see you in 4 days..." :cry:
aww you are so right..... oooh it gives me goosebumps......

I thought their little romance was so sweet, I can't believe SM killed them....
I think about writing some fanfic that makes sure they survive just to make it all up.....

seriously the moment Bree realized Diego was death I cried...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

I had goosebumps too when I read this... :)

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Kate wrote:
I thought that, I didnt believe that he was dead at that point, but looking back on it, it was obvious. Do you think that Riley asked him whether he had something to pass on, and do you think that he DID say that, to make Bree feel as if she had to go on?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Kate
Officially Bitten!

Post by Kate »

Total Twilight Fan wrote:
Kate wrote:
I thought that, I didnt believe that he was dead at that point, but looking back on it, it was obvious. Do you think that Riley asked him whether he had something to pass on, and do you think that he DID say that, to make Bree feel as if she had to go on?
I believe that Riley and Victoria torture him to be sure he haven't tell the other the truth about the sun. I believe too that at some point he have let slip the ninja thing about Bree and Riley use it to know if Bree know the truth about the sun (to go with him in the kitchen) and manipulate her...

What I like to know is if Diego have say the line
what make me really sad because it a "goodbye and see you later" or if it's a creation of Riley with the things that Diego let slip to manipulate Bree...

Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

Someone please explain to me the supposed "message" Diego had for Bree cos I'm really confused.

I don't want to think too much about how DIego died, but I really wonder what happened then.

Cos I can see Diego saying the : "I've got the secret handshae figured out"
But I think Riley added the: "in 4 days" part

Cos Diego wouldn't have wanted Bree to die in 4 days in the battle. He would have tried to get a message to her telling her to run, no?

As she sat behind Fred trying to piece the puzzles together was that the part she would have eventually concluded if her though patterns didn't keep getting interrupted?
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
Kate
Officially Bitten!

Post by Kate »

Jazzy wrote:Someone please explain to me the supposed "message" Diego had for Bree
I’m sorry, I never wish to offence anybody by exposing my theory…

All I believe is Diego and Bree knew that in 4 days they will be send on battlefield and they were nothing more than worthless pawn. When Diego, tortured and almost died ask to Riley to tell Bree “See you in 4 days”, I take it as “If you don’t find a way to escape, you will be kill in 4 days, like me”.

But your theory is as good as mine. Only Stephenie knows the truth. I didn’t want to hurt anybody by exposing my idea… :oops:

Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

No Kate I agree with you I think that was Diego's message to Bree. In 4 days if she didn't run she would die. Unfortunately she cared and had to much hope that there was even the slightest bit that he could still be alive. She was willing to take that risk.
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

Yes I think you guys are right. Thanks for the clarification.

It makes me sad tho :cry:

I remember the part where Bee realized that they could have run the day they discovered the sun could not hurt them. They didn't have to find the others. Sigh...
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank