Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Post by bored by the sea »

books/ dvds/ albums :lol: i hate waiting for anything to be released its such a long wait til linger is out too, although we do have the whole small thing of Eclipse to take up our time til then, and then Linger is going to be my buffer between Eclipse-ness and any Breaking Dawn! :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Viki I just picked this up at the library. I had to start another book though because it is due back at the library in a week. Once I am done I will start Shiver. I am excited since I heard good things about it.
Banner by TammyAZ
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

gah :o :lol: desiree i'm telling you you need to read it, i LOVE it!! i read it as i'd totally exhausted my list of books to read and this was next on the list, lol even if it is centred around werewolves :lol: the next ones out in a couple of months too :)
**TEAM EDWARD**
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

I really like this story so far and I am only on ch. 6 page 23. Contains spoilers if you have not read this book.

I really like how Sam saved her and felt a instant attraction in his wolf form towards her even though she was 11. It reminds me if childhood crushes even though I know this is going to develop into something bigger. I also like the fact they have run into one another(bookstore) and Grace has no idea who Sam is but he knows her. I can't wait to see how she discovers who Sam is and his other life .
Banner by TammyAZ
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

whoop!! desiree your reading it!! awesome! dude alls im going to say is its all in the eyes!!! and that it gets immensely sad (i almost cried! :lol: ) before it gets better again. keep me posted on what you think as you go along
**TEAM EDWARD**
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

I kinda thought it might be something with the eyes since Grace look into it and described it with such detail. Hmm so the eyes is the key they would have to be reallly and I mean really close. ;)
Banner by TammyAZ
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Not really a double post. I gave it a couple of days. Contains spoilers below!

At first I thought the werewolves had it in their genes. I didn't think you had to be bitten because Grace was bitten and she hasn't changed. Then Jack dies when his body disappears I am like WHAT? He must be a wolf while reading further it confirmed my suspicion. I am wondering if Grace is the cure that keeps coming up and she doesn't know it. Sam can't change into a wolf especially if this is his final time. How are we going to have dialogue. :lol: I hope I am right and she is the cure.

About Grace's parents it's sad cause their our parents out their like that. Kids even though they don't want to admit it really do want their parents in their lives.

I see some similarities with SM books, and while I am enjoying it the story is dragging a little bit to get to the point.

That is it for now I am back to reading this book.
Banner by TammyAZ
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

Edwards Ragazza wrote:I am wondering if Grace is the cure that keeps coming up and she doesn't know it. Sam can't change into a wolf especially if this is his final time. How are we going to have dialogue. :lol: I hope I am right and she is the cure.

About Grace's parents it's sad cause their our parents out their like that. Kids even though they don't want to admit it really do want their parents in their lives.

I see some similarities with SM books, and while I am enjoying it the story is dragging a little bit to get to the point.
im not saying youre exactly right but youre on the right track ;) yeah i think the fact that we know that there are parents out there exactly like graces is perhaps what makes it possibly even worse. stick with it dude it does being o drag a little but i read it soooo fast i barely even noticed first time round :lol:
**TEAM EDWARD**
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Contains spoilers below

I finished it tonight. I can't wait to read Linger. I hope that by inducing the fever that it is the cure. I know it makes it seem like it worked in the end I am just hoping it did and there is no surprises when I read LInger that it didn't. I wonder what is going to happen to Olivia?

Can't wait for LInger to come out.
Banner by TammyAZ
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

yay you finished it :) ! yeah i've already pre-ordered linger (not from amazon :lol: ) at the end with the twist in the story it did seem like the "cure" worked but i also wonder if thats entirely true. im intrigued as to what will happen to Olivia, although (having not read the book again in a while) im fairly sure doesn't Grace watch her run off transforming into her wolf form and think that thats the last time she will have seen her as human, although i guess if they could find her they could use the cure on her? but Olivia refused it when they attempted to give her it in the hospital soo who knows, im interested as to how the next book is going to go
**TEAM EDWARD**