Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by bored by the sea »

marielle wrote:Vicky, we'll be prawling site, searching for isle Esme set picks, you can be sure of that
heck yeah!! ha ha :lol: even though you can bet your life that that specific set is going to be immensely guarded :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

bored by the sea wrote:
marielle wrote:Vicky, we'll be prawling site, searching for isle Esme set picks, you can be sure of that
heck yeah!! ha ha :lol: even though you can bet your life that that specific set is going to be immensely guarded :lol:
I think we should bribe a employee, we don't need huge revealing pics...but just a bit more than Slade has given us....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Seeker-Mar
Wandering Through Town

Post by Seeker-Mar »

marielle wrote:I think we should bribe a employee, we don't need huge revealing pics...but just a bit more than Slade has given us....
If we all pool our resources I bet we could bribe an employee for pics! :twisted: Guess that might not be very ethical though. :lol:
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure and full of quiet gentleness. Then it is peace-loving and courteous. It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others; it is full of mercy and good deeds. James 3:17
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

So, BD is going to be two movies and I'm not really thrilled about it as many of you are because it means even more Jacob than necessary. Based on the Eclipse clips I've seen alone, and BD being two movies, my expectations for a decent ending to the saga on screen have gone even lower than before.
Rae Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Rae Cullen »

Hmm well I think that a two-part movie of BD will be better than one movie because I would really feel bummed out if everything was rushed and things that could be in a two-part movie but not one movie would be cut out. The draw back I don't like is the waiting process after BD part one would come out you know...but oh well we all went from Twilight and have waited for Eclipse and it is almost here!!! Anyway I just want them to end the Twilight Saga the way it should be ended and not just rushed off the screen.
"No one ever bets against Alice...except the wolves."Image Image
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

The only reason I wanted it to be 2 movies was because of how big the book is. They would have to cut A LOT out. I wouldn't want it feeling rushed. I'm not sure if they could have done it in a 3 hour movie. (It would need to be at least that long.) If it wasn't the biggest book in the saga I wouldn't have cared. And Jacob does have a big part in BD.

I'm just glad we finally have official word. All the speculation was getting kind of old.

Now please JUST SAY NO to doing it in 3D. I know it's a way for the stuidios to charge & make more $$$. But this movie just wouldn't be good in 3D. (Especially the birthing scene. ICK!!! :shock:
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Wooohoooo 2 movies

I am sooo excited for this. I think we all knew though since every press release they made it sound as if it was going to be 2 movies. I am just happy it has been confirmed.!
Banner by TammyAZ
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

:lol: marielle i am SO down for bribing an employee for pics ha ha.

whoop! for it finally being confirmed as 2 movies!! it means that not that much should get cut out, alhough Mellissa rosenburg is doing the screenplay for it and what with her biased toward jacob you never can tell :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

How much of what happens pre-transformation is absolutely necessary? Like really necessary? The wedding & Isle Esme, Jacob finding out Bella's pregnant & eventually leaving Sam's pack with Seth and Leah, finding out the half-breed is more like Jacob & killing Bella from the inside and finally the birth are the only things I'm seeing as important before she turns. Am I missing really anything of dire consequence, aside from Jacob's imprinting on the half-breed?

I initially thought this could be two movies, but after rereading the a couple times, I don't see how a lot of what happens in the Jacob book is relevant to the Bella and Edward story the series started out as. I didn't care on print whether or not Jacob mated or what he thought of Bella being knocked up or why he split from Sam, and I don't want that translated to the big screen. If you are a team Jacob fan and do care, be my guest, but I'm sick of Bella saying she chooses Edward, marries him and has his baby but still ends up with Jacob, and has a perfect little family.

pennybug84 wrote:
Now please JUST SAY NO to doing it in 3D. I know it's a way for the stuidios to charge & make more $$$. But this movie just wouldn't be good in 3D. (Especially the birthing scene. ICK!!! :shock:
I think it depends on the scene that they are filming. I mean, assuming that the confrontation with the Volturi isn't as boring as it was in the book with both sides having supercharged vamps and talking (yeah, talk about fantasy right there), it could be interesting.

And considering that this is Summit, I doubt they would have already consider having some scenes shot in 3D.

Rae Cullen wrote: Hmm well I think that a two-part movie of BD will be better than one movie because I would really feel bummed out if everything was rushed and things that could be in a two-part movie but not one movie would be cut out. The draw back I don't like is the waiting process after BD part one would come out you know...but oh well we all went from Twilight and have waited for Eclipse and it is almost here!!! Anyway I just want them to end the Twilight Saga the way it should be ended and not just rushed off the screen.
Waiting period? It's not like one will have to wait two years to the next movie like people did with Harry Potter. Order of the Phoenix was released theatrically in 2007 and Half Blood Prince was released 2009.
Rae Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Rae Cullen »

RebeccaCullen wrote:Waiting period? It's not like one will have to wait two years to the next movie like people did with Harry Potter. Order of the Phoenix was released theatrically in 2007 and Half Blood Prince was released 2009.
Well of course it will not be two years of waiting but I just think that if you really like a movie and you are waiting for the sequel to come out no matter how long you have to wait for it, it is sometimes to some people a long time to wait...like from New Moon to Eclipse, it was not long at all although to me I was antsy for Eclipse to come out. Anyway I understand what you are saying and Twilight fans have it a lot better then Harry Potter fans who DO have to wait for two years for the next sequel of any Harry Potter movie to come out!! :D :P
"No one ever bets against Alice...except the wolves."Image Image