Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Re: Edward Cullen

Post by emmett_<3 »

AgentCross wrote:Funny, I thought that when Edward said goodbye to Jacob and Called him a Brother and a Son... that it was one of the more touching moments and was the only time I felt choked up. Maybe you just don't understand Edward's character/personality and thus thought that line was funny.
Well, your obviously an Edward fan. I understand Edward extremely well. I use to be a huge Team Edward. I read the books looking at it from everyones perspective, Edwards, Jacobs, Bellas...almost everyones. I understand what he was getting at, but it was so unlike Edward and Jacob. I don't see that as a 'touching moment'. I loved the struggle between the two. And i know that sounds bad, but think of what SM said...she said she loves doing things to her characters, bringing them down, messing them up...so on. The problems between Edward and Jacob showed their characters, and their love for Bella. It killed it for me. But it's pretty much all how you see it.
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

(Sorry Sorry Sorry for double posting but i can't edit my other one.)

And btw...i never said i thought it was 'funny'. I just said i didn't like the line.
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

What kept Jacob from liking Edward (Because Edward admitted to thinking of Jacob as a brother since Eclipse)was the Love he had for Bella. The moment Jacob imprinted on Renesmee that problem was gone. Granted Edward wasn't pleased that Jacob imprinted on his daughter, but he knew is wasn't sexual... until Renesmee wanted that. Which brings me to that line Edward said to Jacob. Edward thought he was gonna die and I imagine so did Jacob. Did you expect them to hate each other till the bitter end? I just don't see how it was unlike either of their characters. Also, Stephanie also said she let's the characters decide what to do, she's a character writer. Based on previous statements from Edward, just really seemed like something he would say.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

I never said they had to hate eachother. BUT, after everything they went through...and the fact that Edward didn't like the fact that Jake imprinted on Nessie (that much), doesn't...shouldn't...boost that relationship like it did. They shouldn't of been so close where he could call him his 'son'. The brother thing...sure, but the son thing. No. It doesn't fit, it's not right, IMO. I guess since im such a steady Jacob fan that things like that don't touch me the way they might you. But also, i'm not that much soft hearted either (i'm most like Leah in the series). So, as a result of that, i don't look at it the same way. So it doesn't seem right for him to say that to Jake. You can't sway my thoughts on this, so mind as well change the subject.

AgentCross

Post by AgentCross »

emmett_<3 wrote:I never said they had to hate eachother. BUT, after everything they went through...and the fact that Edward didn't like the fact that Jake imprinted on Nessie (that much), doesn't...shouldn't...boost that relationship like it did. They shouldn't of been so close where he could call him his 'son'. The brother thing...sure, but the son thing. No. It doesn't fit, it's not right, IMO. I guess since im such a steady Jacob fan that things like that don't touch me the way they might you. But also, i'm not that much soft hearted either (i'm most like Leah in the series). So, as a result of that, i don't look at it the same way. So it doesn't seem right for him to say that to Jake. You can't sway my thoughts on this, so mind as well change the subject.

I think he ment it more like... son in law... then son son.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

Really...no way. I knew that. But that's not really the point i'm trying to make.
(Sorry if i sound rude, i'm not trying to be...)

AgentCross

Post by AgentCross »

emmett_<3 wrote:Really...no way. I knew that. But that's not really the point i'm trying to make.
(Sorry if i sound rude, i'm not trying to be...)

No, it's fine. I love sarcasm. I'd say go on and make your point. But you more or less explained your feelings on the subject.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
emmy
Settled in Forks

Post by emmy »

I read somewhere that the son thing could just be in Edwards character. I mean, he is like 100 years older and didn't he at one point refer to the people at school as 'children'?

Or he could have been joking about his daughter and Jacob.

When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it’s not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.
AgentCross

Post by AgentCross »

emmy wrote:I read somewhere that the son thing could just be in Edwards character. I mean, he is like 100 years older and didn't he at one point refer to the people at school as 'children'?

Or he could have been joking about his daughter and Jacob.
Heh, yeah I said that in one of the other threads. Personally I think he ment son is both ways. But more so Son in Law.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
Zoika94
Settled in Forks

Post by Zoika94 »

i agree with u all and xxtopaz (i read ur msg by highliting it) u r absolutley rite!!!! i guess edward was rite to call him son....but it was kind of awkward.......i mean hes only 2 yrs songer than bella...... oh well. watever!!!!!!WE STILL LUV EDWARD CULLEN!!!!! NO MATTER WAT!!!! though im still switzerland!!! im nuetral!!!! i luv both vamp and werewolfe. though i knew edward would get bella.

Code: Select all

Lots o Luv, Zoya ♥
[/color][/size]