General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeamRumbleroar
Settled in Forks

Re: Imprinting

Post by TeamRumbleroar »

I wanted to know what your thoughts were about imprinting TWICE. Like, if the human one imprinted on were killed in a car accident, or something (heaven forbid), could the wolf then move on, so to speak, and imprint again down the road? Or do you think the grief would be WAY too much to handle?
I'm just curious :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Based on Taka Aki's story, I think the grief would be immeasurable.

Also, remember that the number one rule of the Pack is that they cannot do anything to harm the person someone has imprinted on. If I recall, it happened in the past and caused a fight to the death between shapeshifters.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

I have a question... the imprintee is someone you cannot leave without. you are "connected" to her/him (if Leah can imprint). And we know from Taha Aki's story that he stopped phasing because he imprinted.
So what happens to the werewolf once his imprintee died? What would happen to Sam if Emiley died?
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
TeamRumbleroar
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamRumbleroar »

The girlie-wolf wrote: So what happens to the werewolf once his imprintee died?
That was my next question :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I understood it differently. The one Taka Aki imprinted on was Third Wife. I took that to mean one of two things. First, that he loved other women but only imprinted on her. Secondly, that the imprint ends at death and can be re-established with another. Either way, if the wolf doesn't stop phasing for a reason, they will live beyond their mate, and that would be very painful.
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Openhome wrote:I understood it differently. The one Taka Aki imprinted on was Third Wife. I took that to mean one of two things. First, that he loved other women but only imprinted on her. Secondly, that the imprint ends at death and can be re-established with another. Either way, if the wolf doesn't stop phasing for a reason, they will live beyond their mate, and that would be very painful.
How do you figure? I don't recall any mention of an imprint being re-established.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

If I recall correctly, the love for the imprintee is strong enough to allow the imprinter to stop phasing once it becomes necessary.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

It's not just that, though- per their legends, there were those men who were shapeshifters but wished not to be part of what it all entailed.

So they simply just stopped, and they remained "normal."
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Yeah. I was just replying to the topic at hand :D

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Volterrian
Wandering Through Town

Post by Volterrian »

My views on Imprinting is pretty well known among my friends. And if I still have that line in my signature, here too.

The wolf who imprints seems to disappear inside the bond they have with their imprintee, what they want no longer matters, any hopes or dreams they had no are not important to them, nothing is beyond the one they want to make happy. This is utterly wrong to me.

Imagine if you will that Seth grows up some and he wants to be a doctor or something and is going to school for it, then suddenly he sees 'Her'. Suddenly his dreams of being a doctor no longer matter, his life long dream would be thrown away like it was worthless in attempt to make her happy. Yes if they were like Sam and Emily, the girl would make sure he followed through with his dream. But girls who like twilight want a guy who would think of nothing but them forever.

How is it romantic to know that this person has no desires or really any personalty outside of their desire to please you and make you happy?

Imagine if a wolf had imprinted on someone like Lauren or Rosalie (When human), a very selfish person who would just love to have a puppy servant around to do anything they wanted. If a cruel person was the subject of an imprint.. they could have that person do anything they wanted and they would willingly. Imagine if Nessie grew up and took after Rosalie.. if she asked him, Jacob would bring her human victims each day with a bow around their neck, because nothing matters but her needs and happiness. Its seriously unhealthy, something to be avoided and I hope Seth doesn't Imprint on anyone, imagine all that energy and love of life gone forever, just to serve someone else's desire.

As for what would happen is the imprintee died, the wolf would be completely shattered. Imagine if everything that mattered to you was suddenly gone. Imprinting means the wolf has nothing outside of you, if you died they would suffer greatly. If they had given up their wolf form they would surely die of a Broken heart (A real medical thing), if they still had their wolf form they would do what Taha Aki when the third wife died and lose themself inside the wolf till they disappeared (Not sure what would happen to them, because if that story is true.. Taha Aki would still be around) Or Jacob when he left in Eclipse.

Sorry for the rant.. and away I go...
R.I.P - Jacob Black [Died August 2nd, 2008](Page 360, Book 2, Breaking Dawn)