Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Halfway House Annex **Eclipse Spoilers**

Post by Susie »

Tracy - I'm utilizing the "quote" feature quite a bit tonight!!
older_twilight_fan wrote: ........I liked that the movie was sort of book-ended by scenes of Edward and Bella in the meadow. The scenes were beautifully shot and I loved how the instrumental version of “All Yours” during that scene transitioned nicely into the soundtrack version shown during the credits.
Book ends - good analogy. That's my fav song too, along with SIA's song which was the leg hitch music, I believe.
older_twilight_fan wrote: ....I loved Charlie's and Alice's little moment together, and it was something we should have already seen in New Moon. I do think Alice has Charlie wrapped around her little marble finger ;)
I loved that too. Of course I love both those actors - together they are awesome.
older_twilight_fan wrote: ..............I was glad they explained the idea of imprinting to some degree, as it will ease the transition to Breaking Dawn. Maybe they'll have time in the early scenes of Breaking Dawn to mention Quil imprinting on Claire, to pave the way for the kind of icky factor of Jake imprinting on his former love interest's newborn baby :lol: .
I was worried about how they didn't put the Claire thing in, but now I realize that they are just saving that for BD - they will put it in at the beginning somehow, don't you think?
older_twilight_fan wrote: ~I was happy to see Edward's eyes obviously black, to convey the fact that he hadn't fed because of trying to protect Bella. Again...something they should have shown in New Moon (reunion scene), but at least they got it right this time.
I actually need to look for this at my second viewing - duh!!
older_twilight_fan wrote: ~I completely agree with a couple of you who have already lamented the fact that they played “Let's Get Lost” during the wrong scene. That song is so sensual and lovely; I thought it might be played during the leg hitch scene. It really didn't fit well when Bella rode off with Jacob on the motorcycle (I think that's where it was played?)
No- the song was while Bella is in her room getting ready to go visit Jake after being ungrounded by Charlie.

Caryn - Sorry, I've run out of time to quote your post!! Tomorrow!
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

Well, I have to say that this movie is definately better the second time around!! No screaming girls, no babies crying so I was able to actually hear as well as watch it this time :)

One of the things I finally figured out this time around....everyone (myself included) has been saying how much better Rob looks in Eclipse. At first I attributed that to the fact that he was SUPPOSED to look bad at the end of NM. But after watching Eclipse again I realized that he looks better because he looks "healthier". By that I mean, it looks like he may have put on a pound or 2 (in all the right places of course :twisted: ) to the point that even his face seemed a bit fuller making him look younger. On the flip side of that, and not considering the wig at all, Kristen didn't look as good to me as she did in NM. I think part of it was she wasn't wearing near the amount of make-up, so her eyes looked smaller and her color was paler than in NM. She just wasn't as (trying to find the right word here) polished? striking? I dunno...LOL I know what I am trying to say just can't find the words. This is where Caryn comes in handy :oops:

I did get what some others have been saying about Bella being almost dismissive of Edward through alot of the movie. It felt to me like she was saying " You know I love you, now leave me alone, stop worrying and let me make Jake feel better" I completely blame the writer for that ....she may have nailed alot of the other stuff, but that just bothered me a bit.

I think I read in an earlier post someone saying that Bella didn't bond with Angela and some other small things. I know in one of the most recent interviews with Slade, he said that they actually cut out a whole scene that was Bella and Angela talking about boys and jealousy...too bad they didn't leave that one in. :(

One very small detail I really wished they would have put in, and it wouldn't even have taken an extra scene or anything is at the end when the Volturi show up and Felix winks and smiles at Bella...can you imagine how awesome that would have looked coming from Daniel??

I really didn't mind BDH as Victoria. I think she did a great job...I can't imagine how difficult it was for her to come in on the 3rd installment and try to play someone elses character convincingly.

I absolutely loved the sound effect they used during the fight scenes!! The "breaking glass" sound I felt was spot on!!

Well those are just a few things I noticed this time around. I'm sure I'll have more after I see it again with my daughter :)

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Ok just a quick post...because I have to tell this now........ :lol:

I was watching Eclipse for the second time with my brother...and he a nack for saying things at the wrong time...(just when everybody is silent)....so the clip of the training, when Jacob is leaning against Bella...en Edward walks towards them...it music dies down a bit and my brother says very loudly...
"Shoot the damn dog..." hahahahaha all the team Jacob girls turned around looking very very very angry,...

(funny thing is... my brither didn't even know there was a team Edward and a team Jacob camp...)
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

It's so fun to check in here to see what you're all saying...

Caryn - "So this isn't all about me?" I was thinking that Bella takes the pressure off of Edward by saying this. Not that it is manipulative, just that she is convincing him that it is the best choice for her all around and he is the main part of it, but she wants it all. What do you think?

Tammy - I agree that Krisella didn't look as pretty as in the other two movies. That's certainly not Kristen's fault! I wonder what they were thinking.

Marielle - Your brother is so funny!! So, were you embarrassed, or amused?

I won't see it for the 2nd time until next week. :(
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Marielle~ :lol: Please give your brother a great big squeezy hug from me. I have to admit, I had a hard time not making similar comments. I just can't deal with Jacob and how he behaves sometimes. As Edward pulled up to drop Bella off with the dog, I mumbled, "should have just kept driving a few more feet.". When after Edward drops Bella off and Jacob pulls his, "Hey, beautiful." *too-tight-hug-all-while-staring-daggers at Edward*, and then Edward squeals off in the dadmobile, "could have hit him and saved us a lot of trouble." I'm chock full of piss and vinegar when it comes to the dog.

Susie~ It almost seems like splitting hairs. But, to me, I can't ever rationalize Bella having any other motivation for becoming a vampire other then being with Edward for eternity. To me, if there's any other factor involved, than it's almost like saying she would still consider changing, even if Edward weren't around. And I will not ever believe that is the case. I see what you are saying, that her words were a way to ease his burden, to show him that she's not sacrificing for him. I guess, given how I see Edward's guilt, to me, those words would actually hurt him more. One of the fears I've always seen in Edward is that she wanted to be turned to be immortal, not to be with him. He never fully believes that she is capable of loving him as much as he does her. He always thinks that, because his emotions are so much more expansive than hers, she can't possily love him the way he does her. Thus, he still thinks he'd be beyond selfish to turn her to keep her with him. But, in my head, once he accepts that she does, in fact, love him the same way, he's able to see that she wouldn't want eternity if he weren't there. Yes, she gets all these other benefits. But, they mean nothing without him, without THEM being together for eternity. Hence, my interpretation of that last scene.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Well I saw it tonight. WOW! Sorry I simply have no other to desribe it. Just...wow!!

Only time for a quick post. I will do better in the next day or two!

Sorry I have not read any one else's posts yet either - but I will do very very soon!!!

EXCELLENT PARTS:

-The acting. Rob, Kristen & Taylor all stepped up their game I thought. Although I enjoyed the 3 of them in the past 2 movies, this one was in a whole other league. They were the characters. Even my bf liked them! (he normally says they can't act very well...). I applaud them all! And the rest: wonderful!! It was great to have some of the Cullens with more screen time (Japser!) and Charlie. Charlie owns EVERY scene he is in!! Bravo all!!!

-The start & end: I really liked how it began and ended in the meadow. The first scene...with the kissing...oh my!! And when Bella explained who she was at the end. Brilliant!!

-The Newborn fight: Great!! The only thing I didn't like was Bree wasn't named or anything :( After the novella came out, I thought she would have had more of a role.

-The MR screenplay: It was actually pretty good! Apart from 2 things (see below) she done a good job. I didn't even mind Riley & Victoria getting their hands on Edward during the fight... it was good for the movie.

-The stuff we all really wanted! ie. leg hitch!!! The proposal!!! The tent scene!!! All perfect. I loved loved loved it!!!

-The feel of the film: This one just felt right. It felt like it should. I think this may be my new favourite!! (which I really was not expecting!).

The parts I didn't like...
-When Bella rides off with Jake on the motorbike leaving Edward. That just wouldn't happen. It bugs me that it did, but at least I knew about it so I was prepared...

-Bella cutting herself!! I was like, WTH?? Didn't like that at all....

But overall: AWESOME!!! I loved it. I want to see it again. Like, right now... Why aren't cinemas open at 3.30 in the morning??? :lol:

:D :D :D

I am happy!!!! :D :D
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

openfire wrote:-Bella cutting herself!! I was like, WTH?? Didn't like that at all....
Sorry for the double post (and also for quoting myself :lol: ) but I am getting confused...

I didn't think she actually cut her arm in the book? I just checked, and it is implied but I thought she was going to but didn't actually?

Hmm.
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

openfire wrote:I didn't think she actually cut her arm in the book? I just checked, and it is implied but I thought she was going to but didn't actually?

I thought she did cut herself... but only a little bit in her old scar from her Birthday....
I didn't mind it so much...but I think the internal battle Bella is going through that leads up to that moment is badly shown...
in the book she is constantly worried about not helping and about what she could do to help....

Caryn, my brother told me to hug you back...he thought it was so funny that something like that can make you happy...

Yesterday I went for the 4th time... amd the whole cinema was full of dog lovers...I really hated that...all the giggles about Taycobs shirtless torso.... grr.r....

Hey what I wanted to ask.......am I the only one who fainted when Rob said "that's an intriguing idea" during the tent scene....I really had a black out for a few secs...man that looked and sounded so sexy...
his facial expression, the way his lips moved, the sound that was coming out of it...GOSH....

You know what I thought was missing in the movie was Alice...all the funny stuff she does....
- the sleepover kidnap...
- the "what did I do?" comment when she brings Bella new clothes....

but because this time the movies story really works you don't really miss it, but there were small things I really missed,....

Oh Yeah... I just cancelled my local newspaper....they were so rude about Eclipse...
this is a rough translation of what they said...
"The slogan of the movie is a bit strange, "it all begins with a choice." because the main character Bella has been unable to make choices for the first three movies before... her options are a prude Vampire she is trying to seduce and a teenage werewolf who is ready to spring her the first chance he gets... ""

the rest was to hurtful to even write down... I litteraly shredded the paper.....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Marielle wrote:Hey what I wanted to ask.......am I the only one who fainted when Rob said "that's an intriguing idea" during the tent scene....I really had a black out for a few secs...man that looked and sounded so sexy...
his facial expression, the way his lips moved, the sound that was coming out of it...GOSH....
I love the whole tent scene! Robward was waaaaaay more hotter than the pup there (although the comment was quite funny :P ). Actually I was also on total block out the whole tent scene all I can remember is Robward trying to explain something to the pup but the whole dialogue was completely beyond me...
Marielle wrote:You know what I thought was missing in the movie was Alice...all the funny stuff she does....
- the sleepover kidnap...
- the "what did I do?" comment when she brings Bella new clothes....
Me too! I was so looking forward for the sleepover kidnap! The look on Bella's face when he first step into Edward's room with the "colossal bed" (was reading Eclipse this afternoon, that's how it was described). And Bella's phone call to Edward "You are in trouble. Enormous trouble. Angry grizzly bears are going to look tame next to what is waiting for you at home."
Openfire wrote:The start & end: I really liked how it began and ended in the meadow. The first scene...with the kissing...oh my!! And when Bella explained who she was at the end. Brilliant!!
Love that part too. It just feels so right that the movie starts and ends at the meadow.
SwanCullen wrote:I think one of the funniest and best scenes was the scene with Charlie and Bella having THE talk and her stressing that she is a virgin and Charlie liking Edward because of that.
I love that scene too. The lines sort of stay true to the books. I love Charlie's part throughout the Eclipse movies
older_twilight_fan wrote:Fierceward.......Rawwwwrrrrrrr! Need I say more?
Robward is smoking hot throughout the whole Victoria/Edward fight...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I only saw the movie once yet.

And then I read stuff posted here and I'm like: "I missed that!", "Did it go that way?"

So, I'll have lots to pay attention to when I go again Friday...