Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Its only like... two days till it comes out and I still don't have my tickets! Woohoo!
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Between Eclipse and The Last Airbender...theaters are going to be PACKED this week/weekend lol...might want to get tix
ImageImageImageImage
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

i totally envy those who'll see it on july 1st...
it will be shown here on july 21 (or 28. not sure because i heard they moved it)

i can't wait! all trailers and TV spots looks awesome!
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

*grumbles*
I can't go see it at midnight because my friends and I all have stuff to do and no one can get someone to take us. Also, no one can drive anyone but siblings yet. GRR.
I'm just gunna have to wait to see it next week with my dad in 3D. I wish they'd show it on IMAX, but stupid Eclipse is taking up all the freaking theaters.
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

While this might get me shot on this forum....I never thought Eclipse needed to be in IMAX anyway. As far as I know, they didn't shoot it with IMAX cameras....and most likely, they just released it in IMAX so people would spend extra money on the ticket. However, due to all of the special effects in THE REAL AVATAR (Last Airbender), I think it deserves to be on IMAX a tad more because it is more of an eye-candy movie. That's my 2 cents at least. I'm watching it tomorrow in 3D at 3:15, so I'll post what I think of the movie afterward if you guys want.
ImageImageImageImage
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

So I saw Avatar (Last Airbender) today.....I won't spoil things for other people...but I thoroughly hated the movie. M Night Sham just needs to quit This had to be one of the worst adaptations EVER...I'm really upset because this was such a good show/anime....And Sham COMPLETELY changed 99% of the plot/story from the show. Once some other people have said that they watched it I will go into what really made me angry lol
ImageImageImageImage
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

^^Was it really that bad?

I'm planning on going this weekend or next week, because I wasted money for Eclipse hahah.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Personally, if you are a fan of the show, this movie will be unbearable. I've still yet to read of one person who enjoyed it who was a fan of the show, and out of the 100 or so people in my theater, not one person liked it as evidenced by the throwing of garbage at the movie screen (lol) and the grumbling in the lobby afterward.
ImageImageImageImage
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I thought it was so-so. As a fan I hugely dissapointed by parts of the story, camera work, and acting but the visuals and battle scenes kept me entertained. I would not see it in 3D and spend the extra money. My opinion - i hope M. Night isn't allowed to touch the other 2 books and he should not have been allowed to write the script. If I'd known he'd written it I might have believed more of the reviews I read.
Personally it felt like watching the first Twilight film (which I didn't enjoy overall). You enjoy the novelty of seeing something you love on the big screen, but when you actually look at it you realize there are parts changed that you hate - but still some people love it and some people hate it.

If you really want to see it because you are fan then just go because you might love it (some people in my theater cheered - so there is a group that does), like it partially, or hate it.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

The visuals were awesome...However, him changing so much of the story made me despise it, to the point of not even enjoying the rest of the movie. Just the fact that he changed the pronunciation of names made me angry from the start because it was like MNS was saying I'm making this my own story and disregarding everything done in the TV show. Once everyone has a chance to either see it or decide not to we should be able to have a good discussion about the movie lol.
ImageImageImageImage