Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Halfway House Annex **Eclipse Spoilers**

Post by marielle »

Brienna wrote:So, I'll have lots to pay attention to when I go again Friday...
you are going friday???? that is a long wait.....
I don't think I can handle a wait like that...I think I'll go again wednesday or so...
have to find some time in my week....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Yeah, Friday, and it'll be my last time in Theatre...

Hubs won't let me go more times and it'll be hard to try and sneak out :lol:
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Brienna wrote:Yeah, Friday, and it'll be my last time in Theatre...

Hubs won't let me go more times and it'll be hard to try and sneak out :lol:
OOH......mine isn't even allowed to think that...
he know to either deal with it or come with me....(or arrange some illegal download until the dvd is released...)

he knows he gets in trouble for even thinking about not letting me go when I want to...

Edit Hey, something else... did you girls noticed the scars on Bella's arm, notthe bite mark but the scars from the birthday accident...
I thought it was great that they remember putting them there...nice attention for the details....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Marielle~no, you totally weren't!! The look on his face, the glint in his eye. Damn! Just loved it!
I did also like the scars, particularly her bite. The stills we got made them look downright scary. But, in the film, they looked much better.

Brienna~[\b]that really kind of sucks. My hubs is the same as Marielle's. As long as we've got the dollars, I can go if I please. In fact, hed rather come with me than not.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Last edited by Jazz Girl on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

marielle wrote: Edit Hey, something else... did you girls noticed the scars on Bella's arm, notthe bite mark but the scars from the birthday accident...
I thought it was great that they remember putting them there...nice attention for the details....
That's what I mean, have to look out for that Friday.. So much to remember :lol:
Jazz Girl wrote:that really kind of sucks. My hubs is the same as Marielle's. As long as we've got the dollars, I can go if I please. In fact, hed rather come with me than not.
Yeah, well, that's exactly the problem, hubs doesn't think it worth the money to go see lots of time in Theatre.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Brienna wrote:That's what I mean, have to look out for that Friday.. So much to remember
You'll be able to see them in the Jacksonville scene when she is wearing a tanktop....
Brienna wrote:Yeah, well, that's exactly the problem, hubs doesn't think it worth the money to go see lots of time in Theatre
my bf is like aaaaah well... it's your money... if you spend it on the movie you can't buy shoes....(and he thinks I have enough shoes ;) )
but yeah... I really really did try to save some money so that I could see it a lot without feeling quilty....

bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

Susie wrote:OK I lied - I am going to complain about something -

MUSIC "Let's Get Lost" for Bella's first attempted escape to visit Jacob???
NOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!!! That doesn't fit AT ALL!

Vicky is going to have a fit!!!!

Not a music complaint - just a surprise -In general, I only noticed a few of the songs on the soundtrack. Muse for Grad party was a surprise - they really want that tune to make it to number 1 - "let's go dance. I love this song!"
:lol: oh susie you know me too well!! i did yelp in the cinema!! epic fail on alexandra patsavas part! lol. although with the music i agree with what tracy said i loved how they used an orchestrated version of Metrics- All Yours, it kind of ended up being used as bella and edwards theme as it was played pretty frequently in the scenes where they are together and i really liked that.
o.k. soo ive slightly skimmed the thread and i agree with what youve all said and im now probably going to repeat what you guys have already mentioned so here i go although im going to ramble and most likely forget things, ive seen it for the 4th time today and notcied yet more stuff:

* The opening really loved that they opened it with how Riley was turned and a bit of background (all be it kind of vague) on his character, xavier samuels played the part awesomely!!! and i really liked how they showed victoria changing him, as in it was soo quick you didn't notice it, it reminded me of the line in new moon that jacob says about not being able to see the eagle plant a kiss on the fish although in this case it is a vampires kiss lol.

*flowing into Bella and Edward in the meadow gah i loved this SO much its our first glimpse of Robward and Bella and i loved the whole "marry me. no, marry me. no, marry me, no." lol and when she was like "no i can't i have to be home by 4 o clock" it was all just so adorable and beautifully shot, i think that was definitely my favourite set, the meadow.

*Charlie= comedy genius! that dude had sooo many awesome comedy lines within the film, i think it was the fact that he delivered them all with such a deadpan face, Billy Burke is a legend! "the talk" you totally knew that is was coming, but everything about it was as cringey and hillarious as id hope for, Kristen and Billy both did that scene total justice.

*The leg hitch leading into the proposal oohhh my gosh it was truly everything id hoped for, i love love loved the part where Edward said " i would've gone for chaperoned walks, had iced tea on the porch, *huge gulp* and asked for your fathers permission and gotten down on one knee *gets down on one knee ( vicky dies and squeals with how awesome it is :lol: )* and presented you with a ring, isabella swan with you marry me" (not sure ive exactly got that word for word perfect but you get the gist) aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it was so beautiful (any marriage proposal i ever get must match up lol) , im glad that everyone is in agreeance that all of the actors/actresses have stepped up their game this film, oh god it was soooooooooooooo good!! definitely did it justice!!!!!

*The flashbacks were immense!!!!! Rosalies was SO good, when she went to get revenge on Royce, slams the door open there with her wedding dress on and this crafty grin on her face was awesome!! it let Nikki Reed showcase her acting skills. Jaspers was really good but i kind of felt as though they left some important parts out (not key i guess) but there was no mention of Peter and Charlotte who he kind of lkeft the newborn army with, especially as they crop up in Breaking Dawn. aside from that it was really good, check out jasper in his uniform and on a horse, im really really glad that Jackson/Jasper had more screen time this time round becuase he really delivered the part, and it all allowed people who dont read the books to get a better understanding into Jaspers character.

*The tent scene :o yeah it made equally as angy as it did in the book, Jacob: "i'm hotter than you" yeah fairly sure i swore/yelled in the cinema ha ha. i liked that they kept in the conversation between Edward and Jacob where they are kind of getting a better understanding into each others personalities. i really felt for Edward whilst he was in the corner of the tent, i wanted to leap into the tent and give him a hug lol. although did anyone else envisage the tent to be waaaaayyyy smaller?

*The fight training Jasper and Emmett in this scene were hillarious, and the stunts were awesome! i loved the part between Carlisle and Edward, annnddd the part between..
Alice and Jasperit was sooo cute, they are officially my new second favourite couple of the saga (it was carlisle and esme), and i love how they showed Alice barely having to move to avoid Jaspers "attacks"

*Bree Tanner there wasn't really all that much of the book used in this i dont think, i like that they kept in the part where the Volturi have arrived in the clearing and Edward has clearly read Brees thoughts by this point and he knows that the Volturi knew of Victoria and Rileys newborn army, it was quite subtle though so i dont know whether people who haven't read bree tanner would notice, although susie you're right i was kind of shocked that they didn't name Bree directly.

"i punched a werewolf in the face" ha this bit was soooo good! and you could really see that Bella was attempting to use all her might to get away, and when she thumped him one, that was hillarious, soo glad they kept it in! i was freaking out that they wouldnt use it. and then of course that led to fierceward, which was ace, Rob totally pulled that off!

Bella jumping on Jakes bike o.k. soo you all know that i was angry at this but in the context of the film it was a teeny tiny bit less annoying as Bella does say "Jacob wipe that grin off your face we're just going for a ride" so at least she informed him its nothing more.

Jacob Bella kiss yeah i guess i have to begrudgingly mention this! o.k. so i was actually kind of glad because it really did look awkward and just not right, whoop! it looked like i dont know i want to say as though she was kissing her brother but thats not it, i dont know just not as good as an Edward Bella kiss. gah my heart shattered into a million pieces when she turns round and sees Edward standing there looking just well crestfallen, i was obviously expecting it, but god seeing it :cry:

The fight was ammmaaaazziiinnggg! the way Slade chose to show the killing of the newborn vamps was ace! like china shattering, and i liked how it showed everyone banding together even more, Cullen and Cullen, and Cullen and wolfpack, so good! although we did note that there was no mention of the Cullens contacting other friends for their help in the fight e.g. the Denali, this crops up in BD too when they apologise for letting them down with not helping in the newborn fight .

(i feel like im being too negative noting these things but theyre just things we noticed that we thought may be in there).

Imprinting brief i thought, there was no mention of Quil and Claire, and although Jacob did explain it i dont know i felt like a little bit more time on it.

Quileute legends/mythology was very well done Gil Birmingham really does have the whole wise story teller thing down, and it explained the whole thing very well, aside from the not mentioning that to begin with they werent spirit warriors, it was what they had to do to defend themselves. and did anyone else notice how Billy mentioned that they are in fact shapeshifters just casually, it didnt seem as though it was as big of a deal as it came across in the book ( even though it is Edward that lets that slip in the book)

Jessicas graduation speech was very inspirational i guess you could say, after how Jessica was in New Moon i was thinking it was going to be very comedic lol.

o.k. this has definitely gone on for wayyy too long there was soooo much more that i LOVED but im going to stop here with my wafflings :lol: ive got to wait until friday to see it again as its taken out of the cinema after tonight (as it was only advanced screenings yeah thinking im going to get withdrawals lol
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

HI HH LADIES

This was just posted on NT by Lena -Hottest Eclipse scenes
Enjoy 8-)
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
elenwe
Settled in Forks

Adult Thread--Rob's Halfway House 5

Post by elenwe »

Hi!

I was lurking but now I want to join this thread too. I have also watched Eclipse several times and I was surprised for the result again and again. I was expecting a movie more dark and less romantic because it was directed by Slade, but I discovered a movie fairly faithful to the book.

I liked the action of the story, it does not give rise to boredom. Edward is more lovely and very very sensual than ever. The scene of the leg hitch is perfect, I was wondering how they'd resolved it because in the book is hot, before watching the movie I thought it could be a scene very chaste and puritanical or even they'd just included it in the DVD extras, but I was totally wrong, the result has been fabulous and it's a really hot scene, where they don't "show", but they get to create a very erotic scene. .....I wonder how it will be in Breaking Down....

In the movie I also find more things. In the book there were chapters, emotional situations and dialogs that were not very clear for me, though I read them several times, in the movie these chapters are explained in easy way.

The only thing I miss is a longest final, though I am not fan of "fight scenes" in the book the battle is more intense and lasting, in the film Edward kills Victoria in too quick and easy way, in a few minutes the scene is over, though the scene is very well choreographed.

Music is perfect in all scenes. And, don't you remember the final music to final music scene of "Lord Of The Rings III"?. Sounds epic maybe because the composer is the same .-)

Greetings to everyone!

Sonia
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

diane771 wrote:HI HH LADIES

This was just posted on NT by Lena -Hottest Eclipse scenes
Enjoy 8-)
Thanks Diane! Oh my God....those scenes are just.... :shock: 8-)
THUD.

It's great to have them in a format where I can watch them repeatedly! :lol:

Back for more later girls. Hope you're having great weekends!
Banner by TammyAZ