1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
As I already knew that Edward was a vampire, I assumed that they would be hunting. Though I didn't know (at this point) that they didn't hunt humans, I just kind of assumed that that was why they were away. When Jacob told his story, it confirmed this for me - Edward and Emmett were away hunting.
2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?
There's always one. Some people are threatened by other people getting attention, and Mike, Eric, and Tyler's obvious interest in Bella, as well as Edward's attention to her, must have stung Lauren's ego. There are petty bullies everywhere in life - I think Stephanie wrote this character very well - I've known people just like Lauren.
3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
I liked him, he seemed like a nice kid. Unfortunately,I already knew about the whole 'Team Edward vs Team Jacob' thing before I read the books, so I knew that he must become a bigger part of the story, and assumed that he at least would have a romantic interest (I wasn't sure how Bella would react to him in the future).
Even at this point though, he seemed so flattered by her flirting that it was obvious he fancied her.
4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
As nearly all the posts on this thread say, because he had no reason to. He was just repeating what he thought of as a scary story - even though Billy obviously believed that there was something wrong or 'off' about the Cullens (as he stopped going to the hospital once Carlisle started working there), Jacob obviously didn't put much stock in the old stories, and thought his Dad was just following tradition.
Bella knew there was something different about Edward - his strength, his eyes, his skin, etc, and was looking for answers - hence asking questions of Jacob in the first place.
I would be interested to know how much Billy knew at this point. I'm sure it's covered in one of the books. Did he believe they were vampires at this point in the story?
5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
Again, this had been spoiled for me by seeing trailers for the Eclipse film - I knew werewolves were coming. To be honest, I assumed they would turn up in Twilight. When I finished that, I knew that that was where New Moon must be headed.