I went to Forks!

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: I went to Forks!

Post by SarahGoddard »

Wow, went to Forks and it was AMAZING!

The town itself is a little weird to be honest, I dont really see anyone visiting it if not for the books.

Saying that he drive into it from Seattle was STUNNING! I have no words for the mountains and lakes - they were so beautiful. The town has really made an effort but without it being too "Disneyland-ified" (if that makes sense) The souvineer shops are really cool. My personal recommendation is the one around the back near the school. (Sorry can't remember the name) You can send postcards that will be stamped with a "Forks" postmark.

There are quite a few hotels/bnbs which are adequate. Maybe not quite worth the prices they charge but you have little other choice. But they seem to be clean and friendly, ours was actually really nice with a flat screen and DVD player. (Yes we brought Twilight and New Moon with us. I hate the films but if you cant watch them in Forks where can you huh?!)

For me the absolute BEST part was La Push Beach. Its cold so be warned - wrap up. The waves really are HUGE although I think there was a storm brewing the day we were there. They are also a bit unpredictable so keep an eye on them when your pottering around on the beach. We got drenched up to our thighs!

LadyParasyte there are cabin things practically on the beach at La Push. From the outside they looked really comfy. They dont appear to have their own website up and running yet but heres a potentially helpful link http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... ngton.html

The actual "town" of La Push is....extremly small. We were a bit disappointed we were hoping to buy some local crafts or something but there didnt appear to be anything open. Maybe we went at the wrong time of year.

As for places to visit along the way, dont know if you would go through it but Colorado is gorgeous! The Rockies are stunning. (Can you tell I'm a big mountain lover? :) )

Oh and of course go to Port Angeles! Bella Italia's food was lovely. The Mushroom Raviolli is of course marked up but to be honest - its worth it! :D

Btw I went with one of the amazing girls I met on this site which was pretty darn awesome!

Have an amazing trip guys and girls who are going!

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

sarah :o how did i not know this?!?! :lol: im planning a trip to Forks,La Push, port angeles, Seattle etc with one of my mates, soo i may well pick your brain for ideas :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
volturi_guy
Settled in Forks

Post by volturi_guy »

SARAH;

Did you take the "official" Tour or drive yourself around?

What do most people do; Tour or self-drive to the places?

I am assuming that you have to rent a car to get around and to/from the airport, correct?
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

bored by the sea - definitely pick my brains all you want!

Volturi Guy we rented a car at Seattle airport and drove. We drove ourselves around. To be honest it REALLY isnt large enough (even including Port Angeles and La Push) to need a guide.

We went to Port Angeles first, had dinner (Of course at Bella Italia!) and looked around and then went on to Forks. Even though it was amazing at night it was VERY dark and raining heavily so it was uber creepy!

You can pick u a little map showing where all the different landmarks are (Bella's house etc). We spent about 1/2 a day doing that and then about 1/2 a day driving to and hanging out at La Push and First Beach. Other than the beach there really isnt that much to see at La Push but the beach is MORE than enough!

Feel free to ask any more questions. I dont want to give away too many spoilers and ruin the adventure for you.

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
AyaDiefair
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AyaDiefair »

I am not sure I should be posting in here but I have yet to go to Forks, WA even though I lived in WA for all my life until recently and the closest I've been to the general area is Port Orchard, WA. That area is so beautiful, highway 101 takes you through all the beautiful parts of WA.

I am sort of glad that Forks was saved by the Twilight tourism otherwise it most likely would've ended up like my hometown eventually (it was also a logging town), all the businesses that were there shut down, buildings are still boarded up, the only businesses that are open now are a burger joint, and 2 gas stations that have eating places and like 3 hotel rooms, everything else is boarded up. The place would be a ghost town to some people that didn't see the hidden cabins and houses scattered around in the woods, or the small school planted in the middle of the mile long radius. It is depressing almost, lol.

Anyway, I am planning on making a trip to Forks for the beaches and forest scenery sometime next summer. If anyone else is planning on going around then it would be fun to try and meet up. I like meeting people with similar interests as me. ^^

Anyone going in the fall to try and meet any of the actors/actresses while they film BD?
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

erm well my trip is basically (hopefully fin gers crossed) going to coincide with the release of Breaking Dawn, just in the early stages of plannage at the mo but i cant wait
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
sorcierdeflipper
Settled in Forks

Post by sorcierdeflipper »

I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD!!!

I've been to Forks TWICE and it is absolutely amazing! So amazing, in fact, that I am going again in January :)
I'm planning the ultimate Twilight Odyssey, and going to all the places from the book (well in the continental US at least) and also going to find where the movies were filmed! Including the prom scene at the hotel, and the cafe where Bella and Charlie ate steak and cobbler, lol. Also going to eat at Bella Italia in Port Angeles! YES!

I am so majorly excited about this trip. SO EXCITED! I would really like to plan some kind of crazy meet in Forks or like a caravan of Twilight Fans. As in driving and meeting up with a group of other people road trippin it to Forks. Wouldn't it be absolutely awesome if a huge group of crazy TwiHards showed up at all these different places?!!

Okay, I wanna talk about this alot. I would also like to hear from people about where they went on their Twilight trips (Cause I know you have done it! haha)

I've been researching and researching everything possible. But I would love some more insider information, and everyone knows the Lexicon is where you will find it! Lets do this! YEA!
Image Can you blame me for keeping my eyes open?
TwilightScore17
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightScore17 »

Does anyone know of any special events that will be happening during Stephenie Meyer day this year in Forks, Washington? My friends and I are going, but there have been no updates about what is actually going on. If anyone has any info, that would be great! :)
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

This is from the Forks, WA website. It doesn't look like they have published any specific events other than a birthday breakfast. FORKS
by Laniyeah on photobucket
The Real Aro
Making Onion Skin Look Good

Post by The Real Aro »

I went to Forks once with my brothers.
I found it......stimulating.
Perhaps I shall have to visit again one day.