I was so worried you’d be starting the new thread without me! Thanks, Openhome
, for asking us if we wanted a special name. I love “Summer House”!!
My trip in a nutshell – exhausting and fun– because I was the “one in charge” of all the driving and keeping up all our traditions. It was a shorter trip than usual because of my kids’ work/circus schedules.
Traditions – Betty’s Pies, A trip to Grand Marais
for: World’s Famous Doughnuts, coffee on the bay, walking on the breakwater to the light house, shopping in the cute little shops, dinner at The Angry Trout (fresh fish and everything else organic), bonfire on the beach with s’mores, walks on the rocks along the beach, getting wet in the extremely cold Lake Superior water, 4th of July parade, BBQ with family, fireworks over Lake Superior. We didn’t have time for our usual inland hikes and the Alpine Slide
– How can I ever catch up on number of viewings????? Seriously. You gals are hardcore.
I’m going to try to respond to what’s transpired while I was away, but I may have missed something! It’s an overwhelming task. By the way, thanks for missing me!Brienna
– Hump Day – double meaning: 1st meaning in the U.S.- Wednesday (after this day, it is down hill to the weekend)/ 2nd meaning – ‘hump’ also means to – well….you know….what happens on Isle Esme- so on Wednesdays, we post especially suggestive pics of Rob.Fi
– You have found your home here at the Halfway House!!! We’re glad to be your support group. You go girl with the pics!!! I had discovered the limit on smileys, but didn’t know about the url limit!! The pic of Rob with pinky in his mouth………THUD.Vicky!!!
Thanks for the very complete account of your Red Carpet experience! I have yet to head over to facebook to see your pics. Will do so soon! I loved the official photo of your group – so cute! Kellan – what a nice guy. I was so happy to hear that the menfolk treated you right. I like the high heels excuse for why the Cullen girls didn’t make it around much. (I’d feel the same way wearing those things.) The proposal with your name inserted – def get that on your mobile!Marielle
– Glad you had such a wonderful time with your mom. Rob Interview – I’m DYING to know why Rob got kicked out of school, aren’t you???? I’m all for the Dutchies winning the World Cup!! Yes, we need to rearrange the furniture for the summer house. Vancouver – If I could get back there when they are filming, how can I get near the set??? How can I get the schedule??? Caryn???Mel
– I’m so sorry you can’t see Eclipse for a while! Think of it this way – you will have your “virgin viewing” and we will be old married ladies – Caryn
might even be a dried up old hag in terms of numbers of viewings by that time
Think delayed gratification..........the virginal wedding night. Enjoy the Movie Companions – I love them. There’s so much good info there and of course fabulous pics.Jaclyn
– I love your Eclipse enthusiasm!!! Sorry your job seems to be less fun than your last one. I hope you get accustomed to the job and the people and will grow to love them both. Super Auntie again!!!Caryn
– That’s great that you took your boys to Eclipse – raising them right! Robkowski – I love a man in tall boots (Colin Firth in P&P, Kevin Kline in Pirates of Penzance, Orlando Bloom & Johnny Depp in P of the C) The Obamas and Twilight – My heart fluttered at the thought!!! What’s hubs doing in Guatemala? Educational-Human Rights witnessing what foreign mining companies are doing to the local village population. He’s with a group doing a documentary.Jenn Jenn
– Sorry about the family drama! Are you all tired out from the heat again?? I know I get exhausted from being in the heat. MissP
– Robginity – It’s about time!!!
I’m glad you had good news from the doctor. I can’t believe how cheap that beach condo is!!! You sure like to be by water!Raine
– Poor little niece!!! It’s scary when they are that sick when they are that young. I can imagine how crappy you feel having had a night like that. I hope she gets better soon. That’s great that you help take care of your niece. You and Jaclyn are alike!Tammy
– Enjoy time alone with your hubs before the kids get home! Well, I don’t know what this says about my marriage, but I don’t have trouble sleeping when hubs is gone! Maybe it’s because I have a big, buff, almost 17 year old son to protect me, as well as a almost 20 year old daughter here. If I were alone, I’d probably feel differently. Ann Marie
– I'm so glad Eclipse met and even surpassed your expectations. When that comes out on DVD, you’ll be falling asleep to it in addition to Twilight and New Moon. You moved this weekend? Wow that is stressful. You must be tired!New Jen
– One of the pics you posted earlier – You’ll know exactly which one if I describe it: blue shirt, unbuttoned at the bottom revealing the top of his cough*underwear*cough and some skin – oh also button fly jeans………… You can post that to me anytime you want to cheer me up! …drool…..Your dream– You are one crazy lady!! I LOVE IT!!! Especially forgetting your shoes and walking home barefoot. (Although, I think that must have something to do with one of your kids) The fact that Rob was not in this dream at all says that perhaps you’ve moved from clinically obsessed to just obsessed. Progress is progress, but no need for further moderation.Deb
– Fingers crossed for tomorrow!!! No matter the results, you are tops with us!!!!Shauni
– Good Luck on your exam!!!Diane
– Great pics, as usual. I wish you the best possible outcome for your hospital visit and I hope they keep you as pain free as possible. Just hallucinate about the proposal scene – that should help. We’ll miss you here. I'm glad you'll have your laptop if you're feeling up to posting.Tracy
– I've GOT to get going on reading WfE!! That Rob in bed collage is VERY yummy! As I said in my intro, my weekend wasn’t exactly relaxing. I tried hard to keep everyone happy, including my parents and my aunt (who likes to cook food and then
invite you for dinner when you already have plans) The girlfriend is fairly new too, so I wanted to make sure she had a good time. Also, I'm having trouble with my knee so walking around got very tiring. Eclipse every day that Hubs is gone- well, that might cut into my fanfic writing and raspberry pie baking! I’ll try for 3 times in the next 5 days – that’s a compromise.Desiree
- Eclipse twice in one day - You win the award as far as I'm concerned!!!
So, tonight I was getting caught up with a good friend of mine and she wasn’t even the slightest bit interested in my dealings with you all!!! I think she should have feigned interest at least, to be polite, don't you? Also when asked how she liked Eclipse, she said it was OK. It makes me sad…..Rob Fanfictions
will resume tomorrow (hopefully). Here’s who’s left (not necessarily in this order): JennJenn, Shauni, MissP, Tracy, Sandy, Trine
(when she comes back). Brienna and Fi
(you will get mini-stories since you are new) – I have written little individualized stories for our sisters on how they might meet Rob in real life – I did 12 and then took a break. Now I’m going to finish. When I’m done with the individual stories, I have an all inclusive Halfway House Rob Fanfic, as previously announced, but now with newly conceived Epilogue!!! (Mods
- then I'll be done.
)See you all tomorrow!
(I just ate way too many twizzlers while making this post) EDIT: Caryn
- We've got to stop with the dual (or maybe it's "dueling") posting!!!
Robsten surprising an Eclipse audience! Awwww! They look like they are having fun. Where is Century City?