FIFA 2010 World Cup

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Re: FIFA 2010 World Cup

Post by best_beating_heart »

I really, really wanted Uruguay to win against Netherlands. I mean, they're the underdogs and they've gotten so far. And I thought they might've had a last-minute chance to win, after that second goal of Uruguay with like two minutes left. I hope they at least get third place.

And Germany-Spain. That's gonna be a GREAT game. I really want Spain to win. After the US, Brazil, and Argentina all got eliminated, all I had was Uruguay and Spain. As Uruguay is gone and only has third place to win for, I really hope Spain wins.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

YAY! Holland won!

What a game! Missed third goal from Netherlands though, was upstairs with my baby girl.
The people are going crazy here.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

For once, we got a semifinal match that was somewhat memorable. There were as many goals scored today as in the four semifinals from 2002 and 2006 combined. Both sides played well, but the Netherlands were just a little bit better.

The stage is now set for a World Cup first: the Dutch will play either Spain or Germany in the final, ensuring that a European side will win outside of Europe for the first time ever.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I'm rooting for Germany. *makes angry RAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH face in preparation*
I missed the Netherlands game cuz I had soccer practice, so I'll watch the replay later.

Lourdes, Lidia is preparing to take Maria, Just to let you know. But the Mafia should have a World Cup party on Sunday!
BabyEsme2203
Learning to Love Green

Post by BabyEsme2203 »

ugh dont even start. im so pissed off with the referee's! we CLEARLY had two goals against germany in that previosu match =.=
Image Image
ShoTheCat
Settled in Forks

Post by ShoTheCat »

Jestak wrote:Germany could not have had their game today go better if they'd written a script for it. They got an early goal, which let them sit back and play defense and counterattack. Then, as Argentina started to get a little more frantic in their attack efforts in the second half, the Germans repeatedly took advantage of the holes in the back that were left. The only negative for Germany is that the nitpicky ref gave Thomas Muller a yellow card, which will keep him out of the semifinal.
yeah I totally agree, the game was really nice to watch, a shame Müller can´t play tomorrow :/! I hope Germany (aka the country I´m from XD) will win tomorrow cuz Germany - Netherlands would be an extremely interesting match to watch, don´t you agree?
BabyEsme2203 wrote:ugh dont even start. im so pissed off with the referee's! we CLEARLY had two goals against germany in that previosu match =.=
yeah love, I agree. even I was pissed off and I was rooting for Germany. it was just unfair, even our sports reporter said so and he´s supposed to be biased XD
ImageImage
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Viola, Spain just scored :D

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

... I noticed. You should see my recent Twitter posts.

Me: C'mon, Deutschland! Ergebnis wie seine Ihre Mutter, dang es! RAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

There's still extra time!!!! *flails* THREE MINUTES. We can do it!!!

Edit: CURSES.
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

I'm so happy I teared up. And you should've seen my Twitter posts hahah

Yeah Spain! :D

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I was rooting for Spain, but I would've LOVED a Netherlands-Germany finals.

But, hey, at least IF the Netherlands lose, Spain'll win...