General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AyaDiefair
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The Science of Twilight

Post by AyaDiefair »

Openhome wrote:Okay, I'm a bad mod. Really. This is a serious discussion, and the whole running on water thing is worth discussing. Unfortunately, I tend to get mental images when I read stuff, and, well. THIS is the image that the whole conversation gave me. Sorry. Now you can go back to being serious. ;)
Ahahaha! I laughed so hard at that picture that I cried a little. The little arms sticking out in front make it look crazy. lolol

And I agree that running on water may be doable, but not very graceful. If anything, it would most likely be a 'just for fun' thing more then a way to navigate across water. Steph did mention her vampires are superior swimmers, huh? So I suppose Swimming > Running on it during a getaway.

BabyEsme2203 ~ Interesting thought. But what Rings said about Vampires no longer having their own blood after the first year, I don't think it would bother them. However, it would be a really neat idea for your own twist in the Vampire world if you are writing a story.
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
BabyEsme2203
Learning to Love Green

Post by BabyEsme2203 »

AyaDiefair wrote:
Openhome wrote:Okay, I'm a bad mod. Really. This is a serious discussion, and the whole running on water thing is worth discussing. Unfortunately, I tend to get mental images when I read stuff, and, well. THIS is the image that the whole conversation gave me. Sorry. Now you can go back to being serious. ;)

BabyEsme2203 ~ Interesting thought. But what Rings said about Vampires no longer having their own blood after the first year, I don't think it would bother them. However, it would be a really neat idea for your own twist in the Vampire world if you are writing a story.
well i didnt mean like because the blood mixed, i just meant like, maybe that would mean they could handle/or wouldnt like certain types of blood. like.... the human trait carries with them to the vampire life, even though the blood is no longer mixed?
and yes actually im thinking about starting to write again :D
Image Image
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Well if you can come up with a plausible explanation (for the blood) it could work.

But a lot of the interactions with blood types are biological processes, processes which TW vampires no longer possess. In my opinion it's harder to justify why Vampire A can only drink the blood of people with blood type B- than it is for Vampire B to prefer the blood of only (for example) caucasians.
AyaDiefair

Post by AyaDiefair »

BabyEsme2203 wrote:well i didnt mean like because the blood mixed, i just meant like, maybe that would mean they could handle/or wouldnt like certain types of blood. like.... the human trait carries with them to the vampire life, even though the blood is no longer mixed?
Oooh, I get it now. Like maybe the reason why Edward was so attracted to Bella's scent is because she had the same blood type as him, maybe? Same thing with Emmett when he told Edward he found a girl that smelled really good to him but he couldn't resist and ended up killing her? Hmm, I see your reasoning. Very interesting thought.
~Aya Diefair~
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I can follow your reasoning, but here is my issue: there are only four blood types (eight if positive and negative count), and almost 45% of the population is O. So, that would mean that vamps would be going nuts most of the time. Bella was Edward's first encounter, and Emmett only had one. That is a much lower percent than any blood type would allow. Especially since the Cullens make it a habit of staying around humans.
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Actually, Emmett had two. :)
BabyEsme2203
Learning to Love Green

Post by BabyEsme2203 »

AyaDiefair wrote:
BabyEsme2203 wrote:well i didnt mean like because the blood mixed, i just meant like, maybe that would mean they could handle/or wouldnt like certain types of blood. like.... the human trait carries with them to the vampire life, even though the blood is no longer mixed?
Oooh, I get it now. Like maybe the reason why Edward was so attracted to Bella's scent is because she had the same blood type as him, maybe? Same thing with Emmett when he told Edward he found a girl that smelled really good to him but he couldn't resist and ended up killing her? Hmm, I see your reasoning. Very interesting thought.
well something like that but not exactly. openhome makes a good point though. if that was the case it would mean LOTS of humans would be irresistable to vamps.
Image Image
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

One thing I've been wondering, again about hybrids, is whether or not it's possible for them to have permanent tattoos and piercings? Just wondering.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Most likely not. Edward doesn't quite confirm it but he does say that Renesmee's skin seems to be as impenetrable as theirs.
AyaDiefair

Post by AyaDiefair »

I wonder if the hybreds skin varies. Like, if some have skin more like a humans where it can be cut but not as easily as a humans (a cat scratch, for example, wouldn't harm them but like a dog bite would). Nessie just got the more vampireish skin. Maybe then they coud get tattoos and piercings. It would be interesting to see if tats and piercings stayed if they had them as a human before turned?

I had a question, I am not sure if it is very scientific, but would there be a way Vampires (and Warewolves I suppose) could have domestic pets? Or would the animals natural instincts cause them to avoid Vampires because they are a danger? I wonder if there would be a way to tame them out of that instinct. I imagine the Cullens having a big dog, like a doberman or a lab /golden retriever mix. :lol:
~Aya Diefair~