Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MommaLaura
Settled in Forks

Introducing MommaLaura

Post by MommaLaura »

Hi everyone,
My 'real' name is Laura, probably figured that out, huh? I choose MommaLaura mostly because my first choices were all taken, of course! I'm from the St Louis area and I'm infatuated with Twilight and Bella & Edward's story. I'm waaaay too old (about 50) for this stuff, but the story is so compelling, I just can't resist it. I was unaware of the books until the first movie came out. I thought the trailer looked interesting and I wanted to watch the movie. I'm a big reader, so of course when I found out there were books (!!!) I had to read them. I checked out the first one from the library and after I read it, I was hooked. I couldn't wait then for the other books to become available at the library, so I ordered them, in hardback no less, which is something I don't often do. It was a good investment though because I've read them all over and over. My order of favorites is: Twilight, Breaking Dawn, New Moon and Eclipse - though I have to say the movie Eclipse was Excellent. I really liked it - way better than I was anticipating, probably because it was my least favorite book.
I really like Edward's character. The difference between how he sees himself and how others see him is really interesting. I also like Carlisle - I bet his back story is really interesting. Rose is probably my least favorite - who else? :lol:
Anyway, that's me. I'm looking for a place where I can read some posts as to what others think about the books or movies and maybe share what I think.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Introducing MommaLaura

Post by Jestak »

Hi Laura, welcome to the forum. There is no such thing as "way to old" for Twilight :) I'm a 40-something Twiguy myself.

St. Louis--interestingly, I went to college in the St. Louis area.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon!

I’m Openhome, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

We are so pleased you have chosen to join us! The Lex is a large site and can be very confusing at first. To help you navigate through the threads better, please be sure to check out the Welcome Forum and take a look at the threads there. You can begin at the Before You Start Posting thread. This topic contains a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

If you have any questions about posting here, there are three forums set up for you. Newborn in Seattle has a long list of helpful hints and FAQ’s. If you have technical difficulties, go to For the Accident Prone. The site’s rules and policies are found in the Don’t Irritate the Volturi thread. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with them!

If you have any other questions, you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green. You can also go to the Communing with the Pack forum to ask questions or give us feedback.

Openhome
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hi. I'm Jen.

Welcome to the lex. Its a fun (and addictive) place to be!! :D

See you around the boards.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi Laura,I'm Raine. Welcome to the lex. Just like what Jestak says there's no such thing as age limit when it comes to loving Twilight. No age barriers just pure Twilight addiction. Hope to see you around the board...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by aussie-twigirl »

Hey Laura,
Welcome to the lex!
Hope you like it here, there lots to do :)
Yeah, age isn't a problem with twilight.. the lex has people from all over the world and of different ages :)

See you around on the boards.
TY KYM!! =)
Paige I'm on the ListV2!
Edward|Emmett|Quil|Carlisle|Alice
SHIEGE and PIEGE = TWINS *~* KYM IS MY TSB
My Blog - Kaleidoscopic Dreams
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

Hiya, and welcome to the Lex

Have fun, and see you around the boards :-)
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Hi Laura! Welcome to the lex.
I'm Karl, hope you like it here.
Catch you around the boards.
PM me for anything, anytime. :D
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Hi Laura! Welcome to the Lex! This is a great place that you will love! Everyone here is fantastic and fun to chat with!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story