Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by MiVidaLoca »

RebeccaCullen wrote:How much of what happens pre-transformation is absolutely necessary? Like really necessary? The wedding & Isle Esme, Jacob finding out Bella's pregnant & eventually leaving Sam's pack with Seth and Leah, finding out the half-breed is more like Jacob & killing Bella from the inside and finally the birth are the only things I'm seeing as important before she turns. Am I missing really anything of dire consequence, aside from Jacob's imprinting on the half-breed?

I initially thought this could be two movies, but after rereading the a couple times, I don't see how a lot of what happens in the Jacob book is relevant to the Bella and Edward story the series started out as. I didn't care on print whether or not Jacob mated or what he thought of Bella being knocked up or why he split from Sam, and I don't want that translated to the big screen. If you are a team Jacob fan and do care, be my guest, but I'm sick of Bella saying she chooses Edward, marries him and has his baby but still ends up with Jacob, and has a perfect little family.

pennybug84 wrote:
Now please JUST SAY NO to doing it in 3D. I know it's a way for the stuidios to charge & make more $$$. But this movie just wouldn't be good in 3D. (Especially the birthing scene. ICK!!! :shock:
I think it depends on the scene that they are filming. I mean, assuming that the confrontation with the Volturi isn't as boring as it was in the book with both sides having supercharged vamps and talking (yeah, talk about fantasy right there), it could be interesting.

And considering that this is Summit, I doubt they would have already consider having some scenes shot in 3D.

Rae Cullen wrote: Hmm well I think that a two-part movie of BD will be better than one movie because I would really feel bummed out if everything was rushed and things that could be in a two-part movie but not one movie would be cut out. The draw back I don't like is the waiting process after BD part one would come out you know...but oh well we all went from Twilight and have waited for Eclipse and it is almost here!!! Anyway I just want them to end the Twilight Saga the way it should be ended and not just rushed off the screen.
Waiting period? It's not like one will have to wait two years to the next movie like people did with Harry Potter. Order of the Phoenix was released theatrically in 2007 and Half Blood Prince was released 2009.
One of the plus side to a movie, is it's not just Bella and Edwards story in a sense. Over all it is but we get to see a lot more, It's not only her lines in the movie, that is why we can see the stuff going outside of just Bella, we can see the newborns, we can see the wolves chasing victoria, the Cullen chasing her (from the preview). Jacob was a big part of the books though and Bella's story(outside of 1) and it would make sense he is in the movies. I mean we all know Bella ends up with Edward, I would bet anything they don't change that in the movie, trying to act like he doesn't exists or have any bearing in their lives is absurd IMO over some distaste to his character. In fact, if it wasn't for Jacob and his friends, the ending of BD would have probably been much different since Edward said the reason the Volturi initially paused was because of the wolves, just like the fight with the newborns probably would have not left the Cullen family completely intact.

For the record, I am not Team Jacob, I am team Switzerland, I like them both and think they both have pros and cons but I am happy that things ended as they did.
daisymay
Settled in Forks

Post by daisymay »

Sorry, this is long. But I am so thankful to get it out of my head. ;-)
I'm so pleased they are making 2 movies. I bet the last scene in the first will be Bella opening her red eyes, then black out. Anyway..sure I'm curious how they work out the sex and birthing scenes, but I'm really looking forward to the little things. Give me more Alice with the wedding stuff! I want to see Bella and Edward HAPPY in their honeymoon doing all the hiking and snorkeling to wear her out and keep her busy. Let us see Edward cooking eggs! Please give us all the happy smiling love stuff before he turns in to the "the burning man". Please? I can't imagine how Rob is going to play MORE tortured.

Jacob's book will be worked in because it sets up the second half and shows what's going on around Bella. Otherwise it would just be tortured Edward and protective Rosalie hovering over pregnant Bella on the couch. There's the obvious wolf stuff like imprinting, Jacob wanting to kill the Cullens for violating the treaty, and then leaving the pack. There is also that really intense scene between Edward and Jake that kinda bonds them against the "monster thing" that's hurting Bella. That set's up the whole Jake getting super peeved and driving off in the Aston Martin, (please show the car!) when Edward finally hears the baby. That Jake part also explains the imprinting. Which leads to true Alfa has to give permission to save her life by changing her, when Jake get's back. There is a lot of good stuff between Jake and Rose. I'm not worried about the birth scene, but I wonder if they'll show Bella throwing up blood. I also hope they show Jake knocking Rose out the the room!

I also think there is plenty for the second movie. I'm super curious how they will play out the gifts because they are mostly mental. I bet they break it up into 3 parts. They have a lot of time to show "changed Bella", Nessie, and introduce Charlie. Enough time to make it good. Then they have a chance to go deeper into the mythology and vamp abilities when the witnesses begin to show up. They have time to make the fight practice and shield practice scenes sweet! Hopefully they will put a lot of action into it because we all know the ending. ;-) There are also 2 Bella trips to Seattle. (if they change anything, I hope she drives the Ferrari) They may or may not show Alice setting things up and finding the boy. I don't know. I bet they keep the ending true. It's pretty intense even without a fight scene. The shear numbers of the Volturi, their guard, and their witness will be something else. Then on the other side the Cullens, their witnesses and the wolfpack. WOW! I can't wait! What if they did a flash back of Edward's thoughts when Aro reads him? That would be awesome! They could put in scenes from all four movies! There is action without the actual fighting. What's her name? is killed and her sisters reaction nearly getting every one killed. I wonder who will play Garret? Benjamin moves the wind and opens the vault line. Imagine Aro's face! I think the climax of that scene is when Alice shows up. Then ends with a tension breaking cheer. Woo Hoo!
Now, it will ruin the entire thing for me if they mess with the "Happily Ever After Part" part. I will be heart broken if they mess up the very last scene.
DM
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

daisymay wrote:There is action without the actual fighting. What's her name? is killed and her sisters reaction nearly getting every one killed.

Here's the problem with them showing Irina getting killed...or any of the Denali clan and their "kinship" with the Cullens. They haven't mentioned them in any of the movies so far. They didn't tell that Laurent went to stay with them for a while when he left Forks and that he and Irina got very close. I just saw Eclipse today and they didn't put in Carlisle's phone call asking for help from them for the fight with the newborns. If they put them in at all, it will be a toned down version that introduces them at the wedding and only deals with the "immortal child" part of her decision to go to the Volturi, instead of her anger that the Cullen's were siding with the wolves.
daisymay wrote:Now, it will ruin the entire thing for me if they mess with the "Happily Ever After Part" part. I will be heart broken if they mess up the very last scene.
DM
I'm fairly certain that they will keep this scene as is, only because it's a pretty awsome ending anyway and would be a "finale" for the couple so to speak. The movies don't make such a big deal of Edward not being able to hear Bella as the books did...at least after the first one. But I'm sure that Stephenie will not let them change the ending...unless she adds more. Just my opinion though...from what I've seen they aren't afraid to change the entire situation for the movies and leave out important details and scenes. They may end up with a fight scene regardless of what we all think...but I'm with you...I will be really upset if they change that.
Grayce
AyaDiefair
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AyaDiefair »

Anyone else a little annoyed they are moving the filming locations to Louisiana? Since when did a southern state be dark, rainy, cloudy, and foresty? O.o And just for reasons to boost the states economy? Kinda selfish in a way. If that is the reason to move the filming location to take advantage of the fanbase then why not do it with the other films to help other states crappy economies? Just my opinion.

Anyone going to try and audition?
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
GoldenLeaf
Settled in Forks

Post by GoldenLeaf »

I'm assuming they'll use Louisiana to film indoor set stuff, where the location doesn't matter. The location based outdoor stuff will still be in Vancouver.
Summit Entertainment’s THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN will be filmed in both Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Vancouver over the next year starting this fall. The next chapter of THE TWILIGHT SAGA will be released as two separate films with the first of the two slated to be released in theatres on November 18, 2011.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

AyaDiefair wrote:Anyone else a little annoyed they are moving the filming locations to Louisiana? Since when did a southern state be dark, rainy, cloudy, and foresty? O.o And just for reasons to boost the states economy? Kinda selfish in a way. If that is the reason to move the filming location to take advantage of the fanbase then why not do it with the other films to help other states crappy economies? Just my opinion.

Anyone going to try and audition?
hazarding a guess the louisiana locations could be used for the isle esme stuff, not neccessarily for the Forks specific parts. and heck yes i would if i lived in the U.S. :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Bellsuz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bellsuz »

I thought they'd be using Louisiana as "Isle Esme" perhaps and also some indoor stuff???
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)
AyaDiefair

Post by AyaDiefair »

I suppose that would work for the honeymoon. But there is a lot of outdoor stuff in BD, they would only have a few scenes located there. Just seems like a waste to fly all the way there to do a few scenes then fly all the way north.

*shrug* I looked into maybe auditioning...but I don't think I will anymore. It doesn't seem too difficult. I just think that in the end I might end up with stage freight. xD
~Aya Diefair~
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

AyaDiefair wrote:I suppose that would work for the honeymoon. But there is a lot of outdoor stuff in BD, they would only have a few scenes located there. Just seems like a waste to fly all the way there to do a few scenes then fly all the way north.

*shrug* I looked into maybe auditioning...but I don't think I will anymore. It doesn't seem too difficult. I just think that in the end I might end up with stage freight. xD
true but heck it is the end of the saga theyve got to blow the budget on something :lol: ww man no you should totally do it!!! thats a once in a lifetime opportunity right there, and even if you got to be just an extra you would still have gotten to be an extra in your favourite films!
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
AyaDiefair

Post by AyaDiefair »

This is true. I don't agree with the fact they want to put it in 3D. Why 3D?! Ewuh. xD

I might try out. I'm still tossing it around. I got to act fairly quick though huh? Time is ticking.
~Aya Diefair~