Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
souled_out_08
Settled in Forks

Re: Lines from the book you want in the movie

Post by souled_out_08 »

mlola619 wrote:^^ one of her short-movies that i thought was HILARIOUS was "Cutlass" it's not really a movie, it's kind of a 30 minutes short film directed by Kate Hudson. Anyway Kristen plays a teenage version of the mom in the film, and she's hilarious, anyone who doesn't really see the comedy Kristen can portray should check it out- i must admit i almost fell out of my chair laughing at the end....

Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdkOZbpeeHU
Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pokWR_AIL8&feature=user
Part Three: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoWGTZpkIiI&feature=user

ok, i watched these clips, and none of it was that funny. in fact, most of it wasn't even funny enough for a twitch of a smile... but, at any rate, i agree that the hospital scene should be in the movie, and the initial introduction/explanation of edward... and probably a bunch of other stuff that i've basically forgotten because i haven't read twilight (the first book, not the series in general) since may, and i read through it quickly the first time...
missjulie
Settled in Forks

Post by missjulie »

Hm... well.

I can say this... they've made Edward a little snippier in the movie. He's not as romanticized, which is nice... he acts more like a teenage boy (but not totally, you can so tell he's a vampire). A lot of really great lines have been transformed, but they are still good. And some new, even more hilarious ones have been added.

All I can say is you wont be disappointed. :lol:

That's all I can say :D
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

missjulie wrote:Hm... well.

I can say this... they've made Edward a little
snippier in the movie. He's not as romanticized, which is nice... he
acts more like a teenage boy (but not totally, you can so tell
he's a vampire). A lot of really great lines have been
transformed, but they are still good. And some new, even more
hilarious ones have been added.

Have you seen it already??? It kinda sounds like you have, based on what you're saying, or is it just the stuff they've released so far? If you have seen it, this is my face right now: :mrgreen:
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
AthenE
Settled in Forks

Post by AthenE »

def want the line about exactly my brand of heroine-- i thought that whole secene (after re-reading twilight) was really ammusing, to see edward struggle to discribe what bella's blood is like. LOVED it! and stupid shinny volvo owner should also be a must =)
chessley_meyers
Wandering Through Town

Post by chessley_meyers »

I don't know why, but I would love to hear Jessica's line "Edward Cullen is staring at you" because I can just imagine a really funny reaction from Bella/Kristen. Another is probably when Edward says "Breakfast time," and Bella grabs her throat and pretends to be frightened, and then says "and you thought I couldn't act." That would just be funny to me.

On a more serious side, I hope that most of the meadow scene lines, and lines from the hospital scene stay in.
NightCreation
Wandering Through Town

Post by NightCreation »

I would want one of my favorite lines in the whole book to be in there "are you referring to the fact that you can't walk across a flat, stable surface without finding something to trip over?'

and I swear, the movie is going to be good, but not the same, considering what makes twilight...twilight is that we all know what Bella is thinking and so forth, so I hope we get a little insight on her thoughts. And If they don't mention the Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner line I will put it in myself and hopefully someone else in the theater will know what I'm talking about, I'm just asking for a little giggle here...or a sure, sure
Proud Twilighter Since August 7, 2008 [just because I haven't been a fan for years like most of you, doesn't mean that I'm not as obsessed]
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

I know it's not in the books, but at some point in the movie, I am going to shout, "SPUNK RANSOM!" just to see what kind of responses I will get. :)

And I know it's not said out loud, but I LOVE the part where she's trying to calm herself before she walks into the school for the first time and she thinks, "nobodys gonna bite me" hhehehehehe that part cracks me up!!!
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair. - Rosalie Hale
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

break4jake wrote:
And I know it's not said out loud, but I LOVE the part where she's trying to calm herself before she walks into the school for the first time and she thinks, "nobodys gonna bite me" hhehehehehe that part cracks me up!!!

Yeah. that part is so funny.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
RainyForks
Settled in Forks

Post by RainyForks »

"Stupid shiny volvo owner" for definite!
twilighter1193
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilighter1193 »

missjulie wrote:Hm... well.

I can say this... they've made Edward a little snippier in the movie. He's not as romanticized, which is nice... he acts more like a teenage boy (but not totally, you can so tell he's a vampire). A lot of really great lines have been transformed, but they are still good. And some new, even more hilarious ones have been added.

Oh my goodness! have you seen it already??? Ahh this is kill'n me! i wanna see it so bad!!
i LOVE twilight <3;
I have MAJOR O.C.D.!!!(obsessive Cullen disorder)

Team Edward: Bringing sexy back since 1901