It's the same thing as finding your true Soul Mate 4-Life. It's something that can't be helped. Humans do it now a days, even though the term for it in today's society is not called "Imprinting" -- it's the same thing when you find your soul mate in THIS life.
Alphie wrote:Thanks to Be My Escape for the following questions!
1. How do you feel about imprinting?
2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?
Ugh, I have been in Leah's position so, I know darn good and well what it feels like. Nothing ever makes it easy so, no, I don't feel any compassion for Sam. None whatsoever
3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?
Nope. Like one of the above posters said already, Edward had to see what he did to Bella when he left the first time. If some guy did that to me, I'd want it etched in his brain FOR ETERNITY.....so he'll NEVER FORGET.
4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?
None whatsoever. Bella and Jacob used to make "mud pies" together when they were kids, so Jacob & she have been friends for forever and a day. Nothing that happens between them should make Bella think twice about her actions.
5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?
The advantage is, if you're in trouble and can't scream for help verbally, you can do it in your head and the others will hear you. The disadvantage is you never know when that one stray thought will pop up -- and you're busted AS AN ASIDE: On page 120, I had to LAUGH when Bella threw a fit like a 5yr old just because she was getting older and it seemed like everyone around her wasn't
PAGE 127: When Jacob recalled Mike Newton puking all over the place at the theater brought back memories as to what a SCHMUCK Mike is hahaha!!! That was truly one of the funniest parts of New Moon