Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Re: Goofs--Mistakes found in Eclipse

Post by MiVidaLoca »

AyaDiefair wrote:
MiVidaLoca wrote: Or when Edward pulls up behind Jake when she hit him and he kissed her. How did Edward even know what had happened yet. Alice wouldn't have seen anything.

Maybe these things could be explained but I don't think it flowed well with what we know.
At the scene where Jacob takes her home and Edward drives up, he would go there to make sure Bella was ok and probably read his thoughts about it after Jacob kissed Bella, I'm sure he was still thinking about it.

Hmm, what irritated me about the movie was when they were on the mountain after the famous tent scene all Bella is wearing is like a light shirt and plaid thing. Bella hates the cold and is standing on the mountain with snow all over it, I'm sure it isn't very warm up there either. Where is the marshmallow jacket I thought they had in the book??

I can't come up with anything else at the moment.

Yea but how did he even know they were on the way home. The visit was cut short because of Jacob kissing her. So it's not like she was to be home at 5 and he met her there. They were doing the exchange at the treaty line. In the book, Edward doesn't know that she is home already because she forgot her phone and she calls him to tell him to come over because Jacob kissed her. It just seemed off to me that he happened to pull up at the exact moment like he did.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

It's possible MovieBella had a cellphone and called Edward as soon as she could. /shrug

As for the engagement ring, Bella gives it back to Edward practically the next morning (after the proposal), which is why he had it in his pocket later on in the meadow. But yes, the way MovieBella explains things doesn't make things flow very well at all.
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Yes, they explained it better in the book, but once I started examining the scene, even in the book it's confusing. I mean, they discuss it, they negotiate, they compromise and she finally agrees. He shows her the ring supposedly just to see if it fits and then actually proposes reminding her that she's already agreed to this. So, then for some reason, she gives him the ring back...? All she says is, "Though I'd given back the hand-me-down ring as soon as I could do it without hurting his feelings, my left hand felt heavier, like it was still in place, just invisible." She doesn't go home after he proposes and the reasoning that she didn't want Jacob to see it is the only one that really fits...in my opinion even for the book.
I can only assume that Stephenie did this so the ring would have a bigger impact when Edward is asking Charlie for his blessing...
But MR giving Edward the line, "Why aren't you wearing your ring?" in the movie was needless. Maybe to make Edward seem callous in regards to Jacob's feelings...?
Grayce
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Remember that Bella has a complex when it comes to marriage. There's the stigma associated with a young couple getting married ("Oh, he must have gotten her pregnant" for example). She's of the opinion that love doesn't necessarily equate marriage, nor marriage, love. Her parents being separated/divorced certainly doesn't help matters.

Which is why she's so reluctant to say "yes" to Edward's proposal. And even though she grudgingly accepts it, she doesn't want to be reminded of it, and so gives the ring back. It's not until the final scene in the meadow where everything clicks for her and she's able to wrap her mind around being Mrs. Cullen.
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

ringswraith wrote:It's possible MovieBella had a cellphone and called Edward as soon as she could. /shrug

As for the engagement ring, Bella gives it back to Edward practically the next morning (after the proposal), which is why he had it in his pocket later on in the meadow. But yes, the way MovieBella explains things doesn't make things flow very well at all.
Yea I thought about that but I think if she had a cell she would have called Edward to pick her up, especially since she was so mad at Jacob (well for 1 min. than she was over it). That is what she was going to do in the book and forgot the phone. Like I said, just something that irked me. Among many
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

She couldn't call Edward to have him pick her up- she was beyond the Quileute treaty line.

At best she could've called him once they were past that line. I chalk the rest up to her irritation with Jacob. :)
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

ringswraith wrote:She couldn't call Edward to have him pick her up- she was beyond the Quileute treaty line.

At best she could've called him once they were past that line. I chalk the rest up to her irritation with Jacob. :)

She could have called him and had him meet her at the treaty line which is what the original plan was. He drops her off and call when ready and he picks her up at the treaty line.
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

AyaDiefair wrote:
MiVidaLoca wrote: Or when Edward pulls up behind Jake when she hit him and he kissed her. How did Edward even know what had happened yet. Alice wouldn't have seen anything.

Maybe these things could be explained but I don't think it flowed well with what we know.
At the scene where Jacob takes her home and Edward drives up, he would go there to make sure Bella was ok and probably read his thoughts about it after Jacob kissed Bella, I'm sure he was still thinking about it.

Hmm, what irritated me about the movie was when they were on the mountain after the famous tent scene all Bella is wearing is like a light shirt and plaid thing. Bella hates the cold and is standing on the mountain with snow all over it, I'm sure it isn't very warm up there either. Where is the marshmallow jacket I thought they had in the book??

I can't come up with anything else at the moment.
I thought that maybe she had called him on the way there to get Carlisle to fix her hand?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

^^ I was really sad to see that scene changed as well... in the book it was so funny, how Bella told him she broke her hand...
I was sad to see that leave...

on other mistake is the Yellow Porche...Alice just got that one? no explanation what so ever...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
AyaDiefair
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AyaDiefair »

Total Twilight Fan wrote:
I thought that maybe she had called him on the way there to get Carlisle to fix her hand?
That was what I was assuming, but I forgot to add it in my previous post.
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~