Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Gianna

Post by moon sidhe »

I agree, I think it's impossible to come to any conclusion on how "good" or "bad" Gianna was without knowing how she ended up in that position.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Bobbinsx
Settled in Forks

Post by Bobbinsx »

Definately agreed on the point above about how she came to be in the situation.
I always thought that the Volturi must have chosen her. A human would never be allowed to approach them, whilst knowing what they really were, about a job position. Can you imagine Caius' reaction?

Also, I could have seen Gianna becoming a ''vegetarian'' (if it's the term we're using) vampire if she had been changed. For the simple reason that she has seen all the horrors in the Volturi palace. And maybe she, herself, worried about her shaky future. Therefore, it would be hard for her to do the same to otheres, no matter how much she wanted to fit in.

Yeah...No way could I have laughed when she died, I honestly did cry.
Oh well.
moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

I don't feel able to come to any conclusion on the likelihood she would have become a vegetarian. She was so calm and cool watching all those people go to be slaughtered, and it seemed like she actually craved the lifestyle according to Edward's interpretation of her thoughts. I guess I tend to lean towards her not becoming vegetarian. But I suppose it could have been a front so she could stay alive. I guess, bottom line, we just don't know.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I think it's more likely that she was chosen, but if she did somehow figure out what the Volturi were and had the guts to ask them to change her, Aro's curious and inquisitive nature may have been the deciding factor. I can picture Aro being very amused by such a bold move, so amused that he might be willing to give her a chance.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Bobbinsx
Settled in Forks

Post by Bobbinsx »

I don't feel able to come to any conclusion on the likelihood she would have become a vegetarian. She was so calm and cool watching all those people go to be slaughtered, and it seemed like she actually craved the lifestyle according to Edward's interpretation of her thoughts. I guess I tend to lean towards her not becoming vegetarian. But I suppose it could have been a front so she could stay alive. I guess, bottom line, we just don't know.
I see your point on how she was so cool to watch people go to be slaughtered. I really do. But, I think anybody can put up an act. Act okay,when really they're not. I know people do it on a daily basis, you ask 'how are you?' and they reply 'fine' even if they're not. In this case, Gianna could hardly protest to the Volturi about how she hated what was going on, if she did, that is. Like you said, we just don't know, but this is a discussion after all. Also, to keep her place (ie: stay alive) she would have to be competent at what she did. As Bella thought 'maybe her competence would be enough to save her.'' Edward's interrpretation of her thoughts is vague, we don't hear much. But, when Bella asks 'does she know what goes on here?' and he replies with something. He goes very quiet. Perhaps, not wanting to frighten Bella or show her the other side of the immortal life.
moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

Bobbinsx wrote:But, I think anybody can put up an act.
Agreed, that's what I meant by saying "it could have been a front so she could stay a live." But, we honestly don't know one way or the other.
Bobbinsx
Settled in Forks

Post by Bobbinsx »

it could have been a front so she could stay a live
Definately agreed on that point. People do whatever they can to stay alive. And I know, we don't know either way but it is a discussion ,so, the fact that we don't know one of the points.

You are right though. Shame we don't know.
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

this is what i pictured gianna to look like (the girl in the pic not the guy, lol), her name is Tawny Cypress, she played a character on the tv series heroes:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eC ... L/610x.jpg
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
Bobbinsx
Settled in Forks

Post by Bobbinsx »

this is what i pictured gianna to look like (the girl in the pic not the guy, lol), her name is Tawny Cypress, she played a character on the tv series heroes:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eC ... L/610x.jpg

Not a bad idea actually for Gianna:D
I like it.
I have my own image in my head which no actress or model can fit exactly, but the closest I've seen is Jennifer Love Hewitt when she had black hair. Of course, her skin isn't dark enough and her eyes are brown not green but it's still how I imagine Gianna to be.

I was talking to my friend today and she's convinced they will leave Gianna out of the script if they film New Moon, because her part is so small and that she is never mentioned again. I really hope they don't though.
Lauren
Settled in Forks

Post by Lauren »

I have nothing against her at all but I think her character kind of shows us the lengths that humans might go to to avoid the very nature of human beings- in that we're born, we live for a little while and we die. In order to (hopefully) cheat death, she is willing to risk an even grizzlier way of dying.
And wow, how depressing :lol: