Hi from Canada

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightStudy
Settled in Forks

Hi from Canada

Post by TwilightStudy »

Hi everyone, my is Melinda. I'm 31 and live in Canada. I'm a huge fan of the Twilight series, so much so that I've decided to do a study about it in my PhD. Who says you can't mix business with pleasure?! I'm going into my 5th year of a PhD program in psychology. It will be nice to finally be done soon!

Being a fan (of Edward especially:)) I often wondered why I loved the books so much, and why so many around the world love this story? Is it that he (Edward) is so gentlemenly, traditional and chivalrous, is it the excitement and danger of their relationship, is it their complete devotion and dependence to one another? Is this what we as women want? Interesting questions, especially in a time when many women are taught and encouraged to be independent and self-reliant. Can we have both?

From what I've seen and read, Twilight Lexicon is an amazing place for all of us fans to share our thoughts and bask in everything that is our beloved Twilight saga:). It's nice to meet you all!

If you are interested in taking part in my study, please visit this link https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=136761 The study is looking at female fans that are currently in relationships.

Hope to hear from you!

Melinda
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Hi from Canada

Post by missp »

Hi! Welcome to the Lex! Good luck with your study and obtaining your PhD! :D
TwilightStudy
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightStudy »

Hi Missp, thanks so much for the welcome! Glad to be here:)
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Hi, Melinda--welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here. Good luck with the PhD studies--I did that myself a few years back. :)
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi Melinda! Welcome to the lex. Hope to see you around the board...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
TwilightStudy
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightStudy »

Thanks Jestak and Dazzle:)
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
TwilightStudy
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightStudy »

Thanks so much Audrey, glad to be here:)
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon!

I’m Openhome, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

We are so pleased you have chosen to join us! The Lex is a large site and can be very confusing at first. To help you navigate through the threads better, please be sure to check out the Welcome Forum and take a look at the threads there. You can begin at the Before You Start Posting thread. This topic contains a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

If you have any questions about posting here, there are three forums set up for you. Newborn in Seattle has a long list of helpful hints and FAQ’s. If you have technical difficulties, go to For the Accident Prone. The site’s rules and policies are found in the Don’t Irritate the Volturi thread. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with them!

If you have any other questions, you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green. You can also go to the Communing with the Pack forum to ask questions or give us feedback.

Good luck with your research!
Openhome
TwilightStudy
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightStudy »

Thanks so much OpenHome...that is very helpful:) This board is very welcoming to newcomers!