Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by twilightmom »

Hi there... FINALLY finished Infinity and I liked it. I'm posting a review on my blog tomorrow.

I didn't go back and read everything you all have discussed so far, but CG, I am wondering why you are thinking Nick may have a different dad. I don't think there is any question who Nick's dad is. As far as the "surprise" from Jericho's book, we just know that a god (one of the dream ones) is related to Nick. I'm guessing maybe via his mom's side.

I enjoyed the book, but struggled trying to place what I was reading within the DH world we know. I spent a lot of time trying to remember what has happened so far. In that regard, I think first time readers to Kenyon may enjoy Infinity a little more b/c they won't be doing that very thing. I have no issues with future Nick trying to change his past, but I am upset that it's going to take 10 years and 12 books to bring the series in line with one another. And, Kenyon states that the books will merge with Night Pleasures, which is the very first DH book (not counting Julian)... So how will that work? It seems that his past that existed for all of the DH books won't change OR she's going to have to write a book similar to Ash's where the front half will be how Nick's life changed from Night Pleasures to "present" and the second half of the book, his HEA/story.

Some of my favorite things about the book: Nick's love for his mom and their interactions. (I'm hoping that this is what saves him) The humor and wit. Bubba and Mark. Some of my not so favorite things: the magic book that is going to answer all of his questions.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I agree, but it seems that with the snarky humor of the book... it may not be as helpful as we fear it could be. I hope that makes sense.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

twilightmom wrote:I didn't go back and read everything you all have discussed so far, but CG, I am wondering why you are thinking Nick may have a different dad. I don't think there is any question who Nick's dad is. As far as the "surprise" from Jericho's book, we just know that a god (one of the dream ones) is related to Nick. I'm guessing maybe via his mom's side.
I think I was mixing up what the surprise in Jericho's book is. I think where I'm confused is where is his father? We don't see in him Infinity. Ambrose is Nick (in the current; the adult that we know). We do know that Nick is a god of some kind, perhaps a demon kind like Ash. I'm just wondering where Jared and Jaden come in the equation.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

cullengirl wrote: I think I was mixing up what the surprise in Jericho's book is. I think where I'm confused is where is his father? We don't see in him Infinity.
Nick's Father? We see him... he is in jail. Caleb visited Adarian (Nick's dad) in jail. Caleb is "owned" by Nick's dad and is required to protect Nick.
cullengirl wrote: I'm just wondering where Jared and Jaden come in the equation.
We were given a VERY SMALL glimpse of Jared in Infinity. During the time of Infinity, Jared is owned by/slave to Stryker's (now) wife, Zephyra. In infinity, there is a point when Caleb is meeting with Adarian (Nick's dad) in jail, and from Caleb's POV, we find out that only one is capable of bringing down the Malachai army, and he (Jared) is being kept as a prisoner. Of course, for those of us that have read the DH series, we learn much more about this in Stryker's book - One Silent Night (I THINK that is when we find out more). One of the things we learned in DH is that Jared is the "opposite" of Nick, and it's "good vs. evil."

As for Jaden... he isn't a player in Infinity. Not sure when he'll be brought into the fold. He is sort of a demon king or bargainer or something... I don't know if/when he will interact with Nick.
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Also, I wonder what Nick's girl interest (I can't remember her name) is...since "Ambrose" doesn't remember her. If there is only one "Jared" left...who is she and what is her goal (besides neutralizing Nick)?
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Thanks for the clarification, Twimom. It's hard to keep all the mythology in the DH books in tact while reading Nick's YA book. I should have taken notes while I read the DH series. :roll:

If I remember correctly, Caleb called on someone to get in the jail cell and shock one of the zombies. Is he perhaps Jaden? He seemed really familiar.

Una: That's what I'm wondering too, but if Nick is like Ash, as a god of some kind I mean, he wouldn't be able to see anything about her, right?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

OH.... look at this book trailer for No Mercy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=067W4Kvqa4g

I'm not usually a fan of these trailers, but this one looks awesome. I can't wait to read the book soon!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

I can't wait to get back to the Werehunters! I was originally #4 on a waiting list at one library but then found my local library is also getting the book. I'm now #1 on the waiting list. Can't wait for Sept 7th!
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

*covers eyes* Not looking! All my BDB girls forced me to start DH this summer. Well, forced...let me borrow a book that I started reading 2 minutes later....same thing. Anyway, I'm only up to Zarek's book (and I haven't even started it--mostly because it's not in my possession), so I'm not reading/posting yet. I plan to finish DH and the anthologies by next summer. I hope. :D
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
una

Post by una »

I can't wait, I wish my new monitor at work had SOUND! Grrr!!

Samajama, enjoy! DH is so awesome!