EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew #6

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew #6

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Hey SwanCullen! Welcome to the EDC! You posted exactly how you were suppose to :)
And do you have another name we can call you by to save calling you SwanCullen?
I'm Elise, I'm one of the OC (Original Crew) and CC (Crazy Crew, led by Shannon (Skylarblue))and am also the EDC Cheer Squad Captain. If you would like to join that squad just shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to let you join us.

Umm I'm pretty sure Carrie (urcoolcarrie) has to officially welcome you to the Crew, she's in charge of promotions and ranks etc but I haven't been on here in so long and I don't think she has either that you can jump straight in with the conversation.
Shannon, who I mentioned earlier, is our Trainee Supervisor so if you have any questions or queries shoot her a PM.
BHG is our Mod and big chief here but I have no idea where she is. Actually I have no idea where anyone is, I hadn't been on here in about 7 or 8 months so I can't talk..Butttttt...Hopefully everyone will eventually come back and grace this wonderful thread with their presence.
Until then enjoy the quiet life around here.. :P

And I don't think your question about why Emmett is so ready for Bella to become a vamp has already been discussed and is actually really interesting sooooooo just putting it out there:

Why do you think Emmett was so ready for Bella to become a vamp?

Oh and Ted..HOW COULD I EVER FORGET YOU!?! :D
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
Pandancer
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Pandancer »

Hi guys! Woah, I missed a lot. I'll have to catch up on everything as soon as I'm done typing this. But hmm, from what I did read...
-Gasp- So many members are back! I haven't seen a lot of you in AGES. Elise, Ted, everyone! <3 I know it sounds silly but seeing this place go back to the way it used to be is making me so excited. xD What can I say? I love the EDC.
Anywho, we also have a new member, awesome. : D Welcome to the crew, SwanCullen! I was going to tell you that your introduction was fine, but... Well, Elise beat me to it. By a lot, haha. xD I'm Bri, obviously. -Pokes siggy and waves-

And Raven, your birthday is the same as Bella? That's pretty neat. o: I don't know why anyone would call you a poser for that, you can't exactly choose the day you were born. Haters xD I'm jealous, though! Friday the 13th or not, it's more interesting than April 5th. Pfft :P (Although I do love sharing a birthday with Gregory Peck.)
Okay, it's been a while so, question time.

If Emmett wasn't with Rose, who do you see he could be with in the Twilight world?
Tough question, it's hard to picture him with any other canon characters! But I would have to say Angela. That might sound weird but she's an all-around sweet character, and quiet. But I can imagine Emmett being determined to bring out the 'fun' side of her, you know? It would be adorable~
I thought Lauren at first as well, but I don't know, she seems a little bit too mean for him. Personally, I always thought that one thing Emmett always saw in Rose when the others couldn't, was her kindness. He knew that behind the mask, she had a gentle heart despite it all. And Lauren, well... I'm not so sure. :lol: But that's just me.

What is your favorite Book for Emmettness?
I agree with Ted on the Midnight Sun (Dark High Noon?) thing. Yeah, I caved in and read it, and loved it. But if that doesn't count, since not everyone has read it, then like the others, I would have to go with Breaking Dawn. There are endless amount of Emmett-filled moments in that book that NEVER fail to make me laugh. Just picturing him waggling his eyebrows at Bella whenever he makes an innuendo has me rolling. xD

What would Emmett's favorites movie be?
I loved the 'Madagascar' answer. xD But hmm, I think he would be more of a Comedy-or-Action type. I can see him liking movies similar to (but maybe not specifically) The Hangover, and V for Vendetta. But I could be biased because I <3 V. :roll:

I think it was a number of reasons. Partially because he loves being on himself, of course. And the other part is that he knows Bella so well already. He knows what she means to Edward, he already loves her like a little sister, and I always thought he probably came from a big family when he was little - so the more, the merrier. Plus, he knew how determined she was to become one of them, and I think he knew that she wouldn't be one to regret her decision after it happened. Did that make any sense at all? It's 5AM here. xD

Okay, I'm going to shut my mouth (fingers?) and catch up with you all later, before this turns into one of those monster posts you guys were talking about. O_O xD Byee for now! <3
(And one quick note before I leave: Shai, I loveloveLOVE your icon and siggy. Hnngdfjh, DELENA! -Fangirly flail- Yeah yeah, I'm done for real now. xD -Shuts up-)
Backhoe Trainee in EDC, Inc. : Let's break down some houses! >D
Captain Bri Devonshire in Jasper's
Army -Salutes-
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

3 posts since I've been here! We're getting back on track :D Just like Bri, this makes me (ridiculuosly!) excited :mrgreen:

Swan Cullen~ Hello! I'm glad you found the EDC, this is a wonderful place to share your love for Emmett and your question about Emm being ready for Bells to change was a very good one! We rarely find topics that have gone undiscussed since we've been around for almost 6 threads already, so that was good of you to point out :) where are my manners? I haven't even introduced myself yet! Sorry 'bout that, I'm Mrs.TeddyBear but please just call me Ted. I'm a part of the EDCCS (Emmett's Demolition Crew Cheer Squad) that Elise mentioned earlier, and I'm gonna go ahead and perform our superb (if I do say so myself) welcome cheer for you! *Enters conveniantly placed phone booth as Ted and exits in full EDCCS uniform*

WELCOME TO E-D-C!
WHERE WE TALK ALL THINGS EMMETT-Y
YAY!! WOOOO!!!!
*does flips*
WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME! FROM ALL OF US TO YOU!
WE HOPE YOU HAVE FUN, WORKING ON OUR CREW!!!
*jumps and claps*
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*plops down on couch* I haven't done that in a while... *wipes sweat off forehead and takes a swig of water*
But anyway, welcome and if you need anything (if you have questions, comments, or just want to talk) feel free to PM me, and if it's EDC specific then just like Elise said, talk to Shannon. We're all here to help you get adjusted and have a blast!

Elise~ Aaw, thank you! I'm glad I'm not boring and forgettable :)

Bri~ :lol: I don't know what it is, but your posts always crack me up! No need to shut your...fingers :lol:

Wow, one day and I got behind on my questions already! I guess I better get started on that...

I agree with everything Bri said, so I'll just go back into my old habit of repeating everything in different wording 8-) Just kidding, I'll try and be somewhat original for the sake of setting a good example :roll: hehe well Emmett liked Bella from the very beginning and has always been amused by her so he would be all for having her as a part of the family, and like Bri mentioned coming from a big family "the more the merrier" was probably his mentality. He would want Bella to be safe (like she would be as a vamp) and he would want both Edward and Bella to be happy and together forever like they were meant to be. And this is more of a minor reason, but he knew Bella would be powerful as a vampire since she was already powerful as a human, and that would help protect Rose and the rest of the family. And it would maybe give him an excuse to fight :roll: Emmett being Emmett, he would be all for that too. Everything else I can think of Bri already said; he knew Bella was ready etc.

And yes Bri, your post made perfect sense! I'm impressed you write that legibly at 5am, and just out of curiosity, what were you doing up at 5am anyway?

I'm off to the wonderful land of homework and M&M's (I've found the two balance each other out) toodle-oo!
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
ravenGirl2468
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Going crazy trying to find my real version of Emmett or Dean Winchester

Post by ravenGirl2468 »

Hey everyone. I agree I am also excited about this place being back in business!

Ted: I had to welcome my twinny back! :D

Shai: Yah sorry, didn't mean to be rude on the whole report over Isreal. I guess its just hard to imagine there is other people out on the other side of the world lolz :lol:

SwanCullen: Hey I'm Raven. Obviously :lol: it's kind of a give away with my username :roll: anyways welcome to EDC! *waves*

Bri: YAY no one thinks im a poser *does a little dance*. haha Yah Friday the 13th I would rather have April 5th!! I once told a kid from school I was born on Friday the 13th and he won't even talk to me anymore :lol:

Elise: You haven't been on here in like FOREVER! :(

And for the question:

Wow I'm probably going to repeat everything that is already said. :twisted: anyways I agree with it all. I think Emmett liked Bella from the start though I don't think he showed it as much as everyone else because of Rosalie. So I don't know maybe just knowing that Edward wasn't going to be lonely anymore and he gets a new sister. (and to him for a while she was kinda funny because she was so well.....HUMAN)

okay I think I'll make a new question:

Emmett isn't mentioned much in the books (sadly), so what part of the book do you think Emmett should have been in more?

Gosh I hope that question makes sense. :lol: that and it already hasn't been mentioned before but with my luck it has :geek:

~Raven
~Team Emmett
Team Carlisle
~On the list~ Karl is my Twi-guy!
Pandancer
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Pandancer »

The EDCCS is back in action, hooray! -Shakes pompoms- I've never been a cheerleader but my sister loved it. I ended up stealing her pompoms from her when she quit. xD

Ted: Hahah, really? Well, thank you~ -Bows- :lol: And phew, I'm glad the post made sense! I tend to babble. :roll: OH and as for the 5AM thing, my sleeping schedule is really bad right now, thanks to these weird Summer hours. And sometimes I just have trouble sleeping and I toss and turn and wake up a lot, so I end up back online, trying to find something to do or read that'll make me tired again. Like right now! -Waves- xD

That's a good call on the 'he thought she could help protect Rose' thing, by the way. o: I didn't even think of that but it would make sense, especially since Bella proved early on in the series that it is possible to have an unusual resistance to their ~vampirific~ abilities and ways. xD -Steals some M&Ms and replaces them with Nerds-

Raven: He wouldn't talk to you?! :shock: Wow, now THAT is obsessed with the date, right there. xD

Ooh, speaking of, happy Friday the 13th, everyone! I'm personally not superstitious but for those who are... -Hands out four leaf clovers and horse shoes to all- Even if you aren't superstitious either, four leaf clovers are pretty and you could always donate the horse shoes to a poor pony in need. :lol:

Emmett isn't mentioned much in the books (sadly), so what part of the book do you think Emmett should have been in more?
The question makes perfect sense. ^_^ Hmm, can I say 'all of them'? Hahah xD Welll, I always wanted to see more of Emmett in Eclipse, personally. But there was a lot of Jasper and Alice in that one and since they're my other favorites, I let it go. =P
Hmm, I also think it would be sweet to read some of the conversations that he and Rose must have had in New Moon. Maybe during the period of time when everyone was worried about Edward leaving them to try and get over Bella. I always thought that Rosalie must have missed him at some point, and she would never admit that to anyone. But if she did, you know it would be Emmett who she admitted it to, especially since him and Edward are so close. (Not that the others aren't close but... Oh, you get it! I'm half-asleep here. xD)
And I wanted to Emmett wrestle an anaconda in Breaking Dawn! :lol:
Backhoe Trainee in EDC, Inc. : Let's break down some houses! >D
Captain Bri Devonshire in Jasper's
Army -Salutes-
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hey all!
I would like to invite you guys to come to the Alice's Party Planning Committee Thread for an anniversary celebration in honor of Edward and Bella's Wedding!

Here is your official Invitation!

Please join us for some fun!
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

^^Thanks Kayla!

Raven~ Good question! I don't remember it being mentioned before, so either it hasn't been, or it was while I was MIA. Haha my english teacher would kill me for that sentence, I love messing up grammer :D

Bri~ I've never been a cheerleader either, and I don't even have a sister to steal pom poms from :( but after I saw the Lizzie McGuire episode where she tries out for the cheer squad I wanted to be a cheerleader! That lasted probably a week and then faded away, then I joined EDC and wanted to cheerlead again since it meant being part of EDCCS and being able to cheer for Emmett! I'm a babbler as well (as you can see above), no worries :) Summer always manages to mess up everybody's internal clock and sleeping hours :lol: I see you're no exception to that rule then, but neither am I, or anybody else I know :roll:

*tiptoes over to Bri and sprinkles the Nerds all over her* 8-) Don't get inbetween me and my M&M's...have you ever tried the pretzel ones? Those are the kind I was eating last night (that is, until you stole them :evil: :lol: ) and they are DELICIOUS!

I wouldn't mind if the entire saga revolved around Emmett, but if I have to pick one book then...Breaking Dawn. I know he was in that a lot already, but if we could have followed Emmett breaking houses with Rose ;) and getting excited to fight and coming up with innuendos and since Bella was with them for a short while everything was absolutely perfect so Emm would have been even happier and funnier than he has been in the rest of the series (though he is always happy/funny, this would just be like happy/funny to the next level). His spirits would be high and I love reading about him when he's like that! Which luckily, he usually is. In all of the other books the climax is pretty serious and life threatening (New Moon and Twilight especially) so he would have to be somewhat serious and focus on that. Ad Twilight he would be consoling Edward most of the time, pretty much the same thing as New Moon. Well he would be thinking of Edward in the back of his mind 24/7 so he wouldn't be able to be as carefree as he normally is. Eclipse would be my 2nd choice, but Breaking Dawn wins out in the end because of the house breaking :P I'm a sucker for it!

EDIT: Not to plug Team Rose or anything (actually, that's pretty much the point of this edit) but the thread has been pretty quiet lately and EMMETT CULLEN just came by there and joined so pretty please I know a lot of EDC-ers (did we ever come up with an officiál name to call ourselves by the way?) are members and you can see what Emm posted over there, post yourself, and new members that haven't heard about Team Rose yet can join! I apoligize for the shameless plug...
nezziecarlycullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by nezziecarlycullen »

hmm... emmett hasn't been here yet. I thought he would hve been here allready. he's probably still teaseing edward and bella... that or hanging out with rose in her thread... Oh well!

ohno. my laptop is dieing i will add it this once it gets re-charged. :o :shock: :shock: :( :( :cry: :cry:
alices party planing comittie
~EDC~
team renesmee
aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by aussie-twigirl »

Okay, so I'm gonna jump right in here. :D

I joined the EMC a while back.. but because of stupid uni have been MIA lately. But I'm making time to post. (Shai i'm not going all nerdy on you, hehe) :)

I was trying to read through everything I've missed but I'm confused :? ...all i caught was computers taking over the world (i swear they are, they really are), something about the ruler of doom? and lots of people I don't know :?

Soooooooooooo, for everyone who doesn't know me, I'm Paige. I'm an 18yo Australian uni student. I love Emmett but more as the big bro I'll never have. :)

Here's some answers to the questions from the last few pages...
I agree with Teddy ^^ It would of been good to have MORE Emm in Breaking Dawn. But I think we could've had some more Emmett in all of them. And not just necessarily the funny Emm that we all know and love, but it would've been good to see some of his other traits that I know he has in him =)

Again I agree with what everyone has already said. Not sure if there's much to add really. Emmett loved Bella from the begining. And he (like any big bro) wanted Edward to be happy =) So I think that was mainly his reasons for Bell becoming a vamp. I also think he was excited to have someone new that he could PlayFIght against too. You know, with him being Emmett.

What country/region would be Emmett's favorite to vacation to?
Australia of course!! Other than Australia being full of awesomeness... I think Emmett would love Aus cause we have all types of weather and so many cool places and people. Although the food choices here are a bit limited... we don't have deer and mountain lion here :(. But i think i might be just a LITTLE biased!

What would Emmett's favorites movie be?
Something with action or comedy for sure! But I can see him liking pixar and disney too haha... TOY STORY FTW!!!

I'm out EMC!

~Paige~
TY KYM!! =)
Paige I'm on the ListV2!
Edward|Emmett|Quil|Carlisle|Alice
SHIEGE and PIEGE = TWINS *~* KYM IS MY TSB
My Blog - Kaleidoscopic Dreams
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

nezziecarlycullen~ Im sorry, I haven't been here in so long that I've forgotten your nickname! What was it? And yes, Emmett was at the Rose thread earlier. He hasn't come by here yet, but if I remember correctly he was here along with Rose and even Esme I think, at the very beginning of this thread. So though I would LOVE it if he came again (hint hint) he usually can't visit the same thread twice within 100pages (aka one thread). Did that last sentence make any sense?

I didn't even know that Emm had been here this thread until I was reading through yesterday trying to catch up on all I had missed! I was angry beyond belief, Im never going MIA again (I hope)!! I've only been on with Emmett once on this thread, and that was the first night I joined...*reminesces*

Paige~ you don't have too much to catch up on, no worries :) the ruler of doom is a painful and shameful device (so I've witnessed, not experienced) instituted only when necessary, so basically when you don't follow the rules on EDC. For example, if your posts become to IM/chat-like or if they are non-relevant. Just try and either ask or answer a question about Emmett in every post, or at least keep the post mostly revolving around him in some other way and you will never have to face the Ruler of Doom! :D

Does anybody know of Carrie's wherabouts? I've been posting frequently lately and want to see how far away I am from my next promotion! And I haven't done our promo dance (hammer time!!!) in so long...but more than anything I miss her! And I miss everybody else that's been MIA! Coooommeeee baaaaaccckkkk lovelies!! EDC needs to reunite! OC? New members? Whoever you are, come back!!

What country/region would be Emmett's favorite to vacation to?
Since he loves showing off his strength, I think he'd like to go climb/run across mountains ranges somewhere remote, where he could goof of and enjoy himself in broad daylight. By day he would be king of the world sitting on top of a mountain and by night he and Rose could... :oops: erm, hokey pokey ;) ! all they wanted to :lol: But Emm likes hokey pokeying with Rose more than he likes climbing mountains, so they would have to be somehwere nice where Rose could enjoy herself too, and enjoy Emmett ;) i don't think mountains are really her thing. And after thinking this through more, Emm might get bored of mountains too after a while. I mean when the oxygen deprivation and cold doesn't affect you at all I guess after a while it seems too easy...I don't know, I can't think of any place that would entertain a vampire all that much, so I guess the place doesn't matter so much as the person you're there with (in this case, Rose) and that means they just need somewhere remote where they can break all the houses they want to! I'd like to think (this is biased though) that they'd like to come spend time up here in Finland or some other scandanavian countries. Its goergeous here and you can find some mountains and its semi-remote because not too many humans like the insane coldness we get up here, and that wouldn't bother Emm/Rose at all. I need to think about this more before I can give a definate answer, I was basically just thinking out loud for this "answer"...

that reminds me, is Jenni around anymore? And what about syd? I though I saw her on some other thread but not over here...cam and mez were on here with Emm at the beginning (Im pretty sure I saw their names while reading through), but I haven't seen them recently. what about kat? And Liz? Oops im thinking out loud again...just came back if you're EDC! Pleeeeaaaase!