Percy Jackson & The Olympians

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Percy Jackson & The Olympians

Post by ringswraith »

I've read up to the fourth book, and am actually waiting for the fifth one to come out in paperback before buying it. :ugeek:
Volterrian
Wandering Through Town

Post by Volterrian »

I read all of the Percy Jackson & The Olympians series and I loved them.

My favorite god is Poseiden
My favorite goddess is Artemis, because lets face it she is the coolest.

I didn't like the movie as far as a book adaptation but I loved it as a stand apart.

My favorite book is The Battle of the Labyrinth.

The series starts out very much as a younger kids book series, but as it goes on you get so much more depth and build to the characters. How many other kids books talk about people dieing so easily and really getting into the story enough to make the kids feel for the characters if they die.

The Selena comments i read said something about it making no sense.
Luke convinced Selena to spy for him, after she wanted to quit being a spy Luke blackmailed her by saying he would tell everyone she was the spy and she would lose everything.. think how many times they wanted to kill the spy. So her losing her life to try and save her friends makes a lot of sense, she felt like she had put them all in danger and that this was all she could do for them.
R.I.P - Jacob Black [Died August 2nd, 2008](Page 360, Book 2, Breaking Dawn)
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

I'm almost done with book 2 Sea of Monsters. I'm progressing slowly :lol: But I love the character of Tyson aside from Percy and Annabeth. Does anyone know if the rest of the books will be adapted on the big screen? The first movie was okay even though lots of scenes were altered (as usual) but its not too bad though...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

I finally saw the movie.

I hated it. I would rant, but you'd be tired of me.

dazzel21~ They can't, seeing as they didn't include anything including Kronos that was in the book. All that, about Luke and the dreams and Tartarus, etc, ends up being important. Therefor, it is illogical.

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Well, yes, I agree that they screwed up the entire plot almost as badly as they did to... um... I'll get back to you with a similar adaption later.
But I don't watch the movie for the plot. I watch it for my dear, lovely, delicious, squishy Logan Lerman. (I kept on squeeing "YAAAAAAAY DEXTER!" the whole time and I'm pretty sure Lid's going to jump him and have to try and resist eating his face off when he gets home. Shh, no one tell Emma!)
(And therefore has another e.)
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Awww, that's too bad if they're not adapt the other 4 books into movies. I think the book is great, I'm not into the whole greek mythology thing but the plot and story is really fascinating. Oh well I'm almost finished with the 3rd book and am looking forward to the last 2 books to read...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

Just finished this series and I loved it.

Watched the movie while I was reading the 4th book. Compared to the book the movie sucked. But if you don't compare it, then I have to give it credit and say it was actually pretty good. I tried my hardest to not compare it to the book while watching but, of course, my mind kept going on like "why does Annabeth have brown hair?" or "umm.. where is Kronos? There's nothing about him here!" or "What the heck is Persephone doing in the movie?"
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I read some where that Logan Lerman contract includes more Percy movies.
While the movie is a far from the book adaptation I still really enjoyed it. i went into it with the idea of the Golden Compass - if they leave a cliffhanger ending and it doesn't get the GO for #2 it would be extremely disappointing plus even more dissapointing if it was bad to begin with.
I think they could continue and use the rest of the books for bases to the stories if they re-wrote them for stand alone stories - like write the quest from book 2, but don't connect it to Kronos. They would never be as good as the books of course, but I'd show some fan loyalty and watch them.

I have my own rants about the film, don't get me wrong, but I also had fun with it.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I know double posting is a no-no, but since the thread has been dead I thought I'd restart it.

Has anyone finished the new Olympians book the Lost Hero?
My sister has it right now and then I'll read it. However it is HUGE compared to the other Percy books, so it's taking her longer than usual.
No spoilers of course; just wondering if it was as good as the others.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I read it (The Lost Hero). And it's just as great as the previous books.

One thing I will say- the title will have you thinking the entire time.