Worst Case Scenarios When Changed Into a Vampire

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tiger_kitten
Wandering Through Town

Re: Worst Case Scenarios When Changed Into a Vampire

Post by Tiger_kitten »

I'm almost positive I once read in an interview with Stephenie that the hair just no longer grows once they change, so I am sure if you had hairy legs or a unibrow, whatever leftover hair you for some reason have, you could shave it off and it would be gone. Although it would probably be best to just let all your hair grow out and then wax after becoming a vampire, because if you think about their "super senses" they could probably feel the little nubs of hair that would still lay in their skin, because when you shave there is still that bit left attached to the follicule beneath where the razor can go. And that would be crazy irritating! :shock:
The Real Alice Cullen
I've got my eye on you

Post by The Real Alice Cullen »

Wax never works. Our skin is way too cold. Really, it's such a pain.
Amazing how someone so tiny can be so irritating....
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

marielle wrote:You know what would suck... if you turned vampire after you leg has been amputated........
Maybe it would 'grow' back? Or just pop into exsistance whilst the venom was making your body perfect?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Tiger_kitten
Wandering Through Town

Post by Tiger_kitten »

The Real Alice Cullen wrote:Wax never works. Our skin is way too cold. Really, it's such a pain.
Then maybe you just need serious planning and you can remove all your hair (in specific areas anyways) with laser surgery? Unless the venom would then just fix your hair follicules which were damaged... but I guess your hair wouldn't grow so it wouldn't matter if it fixed them or not!
katieb1229
Wandering Through Town

Post by katieb1229 »

It would stink if before your change you lost your legs.
Uushia
Settled in Forks

Post by Uushia »

Well given fire can destroy a vampire than laser would probably work if nothing else did, but then it might pose a risk to oneself catcing fire as a whole though. I've always wondered if it's ever possilbe to be overweight as a vampire. Does the venom burn off the fat or what. Heck of a diet lol.
My worst case would be a the genetic disease where the body is lop-sided (can't remember the term) but basically one side is smaller/larger than the other. I've only seen one person actually have this but I guess if you were already used to this it would not matter much.
Also if you needed braces before becoming a vampire and found your teeth forever imperfect. Would drive me crazy!
Team Aro ---Team Volturi
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

I think it would (suck) to have harry armpits. But what if you had breast implants? Would the implants go away and leave the girls saggy? :? :?
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

I think the worst-case scenario would be being pregnant at the time of vampirization.

As far as hair goes, SM has said that hair remains human since it is composed of dead cells and thus does not get transformed. I would imagine that the hair follicles get vampirized, so that hair is attached very firmly to the skin, but it can definitely be cut or shaved off. I would also imagine that if hair is cut or shaved after the change that it is done very, very carefully, as there is no re-growth.

Other things like skin issues (acne, blemishes, scars, etc.) get fixed during the transformation process as flesh is repaired and restored. The process as described by SM suggests that the venom absorbs the human DNA and first perfects it, then vampirizes or crystallizes it. Witness Emmett’s attack by the grizzly; there would have been at least some gouging of the flesh by the bear, which was restored and repaired by the venom.

Unknown is whether amputated bone or lost tooth enamel is actually restored. Tooth whitening (and at least some straightening) would be par for the course.
VolturiGirl wrote:I think it would (suck) to have harry armpits. But what if you had breast implants? Would the implants go away and leave the girls saggy? :? :?
That is actually a very good point. Here is my theory: the breast implants would remain as they are not considered flesh, sinew, or bone, and the venom would ignore them. How about an alternative issue? Suppose there were screws in your bones that were used to repair your knee? That wouldn’t be like a breast implant that the venom could work around. The screws (I think) would be more like an injury to the bone that the venom would try to repair. I have no idea what would happen in that case. A fairly easy solution would be to state that the venom dissolves any foreign object in the body (thus taking care of the breast implants issue) at the time of the change, but then SM has never elaborated on that problem.

Also, as far as general physique is concerned, I think there would be some reduction of general body fat, along with an increase in muscle mass and tone, but there are definitely limits. SM has stated that Esme’s physique was slightly rounder than the others because she had just given birth a few days before.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Uushia
Settled in Forks

Post by Uushia »

Wouldn't the implants be eaten away? Contacts are slowly destroyed from just the venom from the eyes and seeing as implants are just a synthetic material as well??? Would it have the same effect?

Question about amputation. Seeing as all peices must be burned it's a wonder if it is due to regrowth of materials lost. So would a lost limb before or after vampirization simply reform? Otherwise why would Edward in EC say someting about finding every piece?
Team Aro ---Team Volturi
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Uushia wrote:Wouldn't the implants be eaten away? Contacts are slowly destroyed from just the venom from the eyes and seeing as implants are just a synthetic material as well??? Would it have the same effect?

Question about amputation. Seeing as all peices must be burned it's a wonder if it is due to regrowth of materials lost. So would a lost limb before or after vampirization simply reform? Otherwise why would Edward in EC say someting about finding every piece?
Uhhh, yes you would be correct. I can’t believe I forgot about the contact lenses. So any foreign object in the body would get dissolved during the vampirization process. SM actually did address that issue.

As far as amputated limbs being restored during the process, I think that is still unknown, although I personally doubt it.

I can think of a very good reason why every vampire piece should be burned, as the dismembered limbs still show signs of life, and you would want to gather every piece and burn them in order to destroy all evidence. You wouldn’t want a human to stumble across a severed hand crawling around in the forest.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”