Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Elwing
Settled in Forks

Hi! I´m Elwing!

Post by Elwing »

How did you pick your screen name?
My name, Elwing, is from The Silmarillion, a book from JRR Tolkien that tell the hole story about the Midle-Earth, with details about everything that happend before The Hobbit and The Lord Of The Rings. Elwing is the wife of Earendil, and actually is the mother of Elrond and the grandmother of Arwen (for those who saw the movie or read the books). The name means "star-spray" in Sindarin, in Spanish is translated like ROCIO DE ESTRELLAS ("dew of stars"), and my name is ROCIO, wich is like dew in spanish. I´m from Argentina.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
I heard about Twilight when the movie came out. Near my house there was a construction site and was full of Edwards and Bellas everywhere, and I was against my younger brother went to see it because I thought he was like True Blood or something like that. Last year I and a college friend were talking about books and she said Twilight was really good and I HAD to read it, and the next week as it was my birthday she gave me Twilight. Long story short, I LOVED IT, the Oct 13th was my B-day, Tuesday, by Thursday I had already finished reading it and I bought a New Moon, that by Sunday (Oct 18th) I had already finished. For Eclipse I had to wait until early November to read it because I had exams, I almost die, and ´cause of the finals, Breaking Dawn I read it in January, simultaneously with the same friend who introduced me to the world of the Cullen clan, I was so exited that it only took me 5 days. I already read each book 3 times.
My favorite book is Eclipse.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
Edward

Who is your favorite minor character?
Alice, and people say we are very much alike

What are your hobbies?
I like read, and a lot of movies. I´m also red belt in Tae Kwon Do, and I in summer I like to swimg in the sea.

Where are you from
Buenos Aires, Argentina.

How old are you?
22, going for 23...

Anything else you would like to share.
sorry if sometimes I screw with grammar... (Can I say screw?) I´ve been reading the Lex since last year but it was for my bad grammar I would not venture to the forum.
*Elwing*

Once you cared about a person, it was impossible to be logical about them anymore. BELLA
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Hi! I´m Elwing!

Post by Jestak »

Hi Elwing, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy yourself here.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi! Welcome to the lex. Hope to see you around the board...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hey!! Welcome to the lex.

Don't worry about your bad grammar. Everyone here is very nice & understanding. There are a lot of members who speak English as a second language.

See you around the boards.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon!

I’m Openhome, and I’m one of the moderators around here. We are always happy to welcome a Tolkien fan! I love your name, by the way.

We are so pleased you have chosen to join us! The Lex is a large site and can be very confusing at first. To help you navigate through the threads better, please be sure to check out the Welcome Forum and take a look at the threads there. You can begin at the Before You Start Posting thread. This topic contains a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

If you have any questions about posting here, there are three forums set up for you. Newborn in Seattle has a long list of helpful hints and FAQ’s. If you have technical difficulties, go to For the Accident Prone. The site’s rules and policies are found in the Don’t Irritate the Volturi thread. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with them!

If you have any other questions, you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green. You can also go to the Communing with the Pack forum to ask questions or give us feedback.

See you around the boards!
Openhome
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi! Welcome to the Lex! See you around the boards! Have fun!