Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mary
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: hanging out w/ Bella, Rennesme, and the other Cullens

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by mary »

I agree. We feel warm 2 each other and we're the same temp. When we feel Hot 2 each other, that's how we know we're runnin a fever or the other person is cold. And, that's true, it could be because the whole chromosone thing.

"Look after my heart, I've left it with you."
Tiger_kitten
Wandering Through Town

Post by Tiger_kitten »

Couldn't Renesme just have felt warm to Jacob (immediately after/during the delivery) because she was just inside of a human being? I imagine that is rather warm... Aren't babies steaming after they are delivered? That sounds absolutely ludacris... but I thought that they are warm compared to the air so they have steam coming off of them... Oh that sounds so dumb. Ha ha.

Unless of course it is mentioned again that she is warm to Jacob. I don't know myself.

Because it would make much more sense for her to be a bit colder than the average human, but warm in comparison to vampire Bella!
Kirby Phelps PK
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirby Phelps PK »

Jacob imprinting on Renesmee was extremely stupid in my opinion. Jacob hated her, he wanted her dead. The only reason he imprinted on her was so that everything would conveniently work out perfectly for Bella. Because now, the werewolves won't have to kill her. It's stupid. And if I remember correctly, Jacob didn't even want to imprint, especially not on a human/vampire hybrid baby whose parents are the girl he truly loves and his most fierce rival. If the old Bella loving Jacob could see the new Nessie loving Jacob, I'm sure he'd be pretty damn pissed. Also, how the hell are Jake and Nessie going to have children? If Nessie's body freezes at 7 years and no longer changes, how will she be able to bear children? Isn't imprinting suppose to also help a person find the perfect women to have the best offspring? Well she can't.
Image Image
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

At 7 years wont Nessie be an adult female and therefore be able to carry a child?

Good point about the reason behind imprinting Kirby - it is so that you are with the best 'mate' for you. Is Nessie the best 'mate' for Jacob?

Upon reading the whole saga a second time I wasnt as dissapointed with this storyline as I was the first time in reading it. The first time I was angry and thought it was too easy how it all ended "happily ever after" etc. Second time round though I quite liked how it all came together. Overall im confused now as to whether I like Jacob and Nessie being together or not...? :?
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Perhaps that will be the whole crux of Nessie's book if SM ever gets to it. She has stated before, and recently stated again, that the next story would be told from either Nessie or Leah, or both.

Rings and Mary are correct, I believe. If you look at the Wolf Pack, they all have accelerated bodies. Growth, healing, speed and such require a very fast metabolism. Remember how fast Nessie's heart beat? Not only do they do everything in an accelerated way, they also eat and sleep more. They must do what a vampire does using normal body processes. They are biological rather than crystalline life forms, and their metabolisms would be set way high.
Kirby Phelps PK
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirby Phelps PK »

Would it be...um...healthy? To pretend that Breaking Dawn never happend? I usually just think about Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. If someone were to ask me about the Twilight Saga, I'd ignore Breaking Dawn completely.
Image Image
Silver Rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by Silver Rose »

funkidiva wrote:At 7 years wont Nessie be an adult female and therefore be able to carry a child?
Renesmee won't be able to have a baby because Nahuel said that once they reach a certain age (which I guess is 7), they become "frozen" just like every other vampire. She won't change anymore so she wouldn't be able to carry a child.
Kirby Phelps PK wrote:Would it be...um...healthy? To pretend that Breaking Dawn never happend? I usually just think about Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. If someone were to ask me about the Twilight Saga, I'd ignore Breaking Dawn completely.
I feel the same way when is comes to both Eclipse and BD. I liked the first part of BD up to the point when they found out Bella was pregnant. I have a love-hate relationship with Renesmee. I don't know, I think she's cute and all but she wasn't really important to me. Jacob didn't have to imprint on her. He could have gotten with Leah. The Volturi still could have came but for a different reason. Maybe they didn't like how powerful the Cullens were and wanted to end them?

I think a lot of stuff could have been cut out from both Eclispe and BD and put together in one, better book.
Thanks to Eclipsed.by.Love for the sig and avi
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Silver Rose wrote:
funkidiva wrote:At 7 years wont Nessie be an adult female and therefore be able to carry a child?
Renesmee won't be able to have a baby because Nahuel said that once they reach a certain age (which I guess is 7), they become "frozen" just like every other vampire. She won't change anymore so she wouldn't be able to carry a child.
This has actually been a subject of much debate here (I think on the Science thread mostly, but also on Imprinting). Nahuel doesn't actually say that they become "frozen" as vampires are- just that they stop physically aging. I'm of the opinion that she should be able to bear a child, mostly because (to me) Jacob's imprinting on her wouldn't make sense.
PrettySparklies
Settled in Forks

Post by PrettySparklies »

This has actually been a subject of much debate here (I think on the Science thread mostly, but also on Imprinting). Nahuel doesn't actually say that they become "frozen" as vampires are- just that they stop physically aging. I'm of the opinion that she should be able to bear a child, mostly because (to me) Jacob's imprinting on her wouldn't make sense.
Ooh, I've never even thought about this, but I agree with you.. She has to be able to have a baby, that was one of the stipulations of who werewolves imprint on. They need to be able to carry on the line of wolves. Good thinking! :D
Leah Forever
Settled in Forks

Post by Leah Forever »

Funkidiva: Oh no. She would APPEAR to be 18, but chronologically speaking, she'd still be 7. She'd still be a child and she wouldn't be built to cope with babies. When Jacob actually has sex with her, the eggs would still be in the ovaries. When girls start getting their periods, that's a sign they're now built to have babies. But girls don't start having their periods at 7 - not usually. Anyway, she wouldn't be able to cope with the sex either so there's a very high chance she could be hurt, or worse. And if she does get pregnant, which can happen - she would die, because she wouldn't be well-equipped enough to deal with the pregnancy.

What do I think of it?

Two words: BEYOND creepy. I agree with Kirby, it was stupid and an utter cop-out. PLUS it's also sexist, as the girl has absolutely no choice in the matter and is expected to love this guy. I'm glad Jacob's only sixteen, because that means he isn't a paedophile, but once she's 7, the relationship will become romantic, and thus, paedophilic. I'm sorry, but that's how I see it.

The temperatures? Oh my God, don't get me started on that.

Technically speaking if Bella's touching Edward for long enough, it would bring him to room temperature, because she's emitting heat. Cold does not exist in science; it's just the absence of heat, as you know. But if Renesmee is warmer than the average vampire, she'd still be cold, and if Jacob's touching her for long enough, it would bring her to room temperature as well. The whole issue with temperatures though is so twisted and makes my head pound so much I'll drop it.