General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BabyEsme2203
Learning to Love Green

Re: Most Romantic Scene in the Twilight Series

Post by BabyEsme2203 »

'Isabella Swan?' He looked up at me through his impossibly long lashes, his golden eyes soft but, somehow, still scorching. 'I promise to love you forever--every single day of forever. Will you marry me?'
...I whispered, 'Yes.'
'Thank you,' he said simply. He took my left hand and kissed each of my fingertips before he kissed the ring that was now mine."

--Eclipse, pgs. 459-460
I LOVE THAT PART ITS SO SWEET!!!!! :D im sure a lot of agreen
Image Image
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

melmargaret wrote:I die everytime I read this part:
  • "Edward! You stayed!" I rejoiced, and thoughtlessly threw myself across the room and into his lap. In the instant that my thoughts caught up with my actions, I froze, shocked by my own uncontrolled enthusiasm. I stared up at him, afraid that I had crossed the wrong line.
    But he laughed."
    --Twilight, page 312-313

It shows that he really, truely accepted Bella into his life. This scene is cutesy and playful on the surface, but if you look into it, it means so much more.
Ahh, one of my favorites of all time, I would probably put this at the top of my list. There is just something so sweet and tender and vulnerable between Bella and Edward the morning after the meadow in the first book.

I don’t know if this counts specifically as romantic, but there is also that incredible reunion in New Moon and the plane trip back home. Bella refusing to sleep, desperately suppressing any hope that Edward still loves her, but both being unable to keep their eyes off of each other.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

corona wrote: I don’t know if this counts specifically as romantic, but there is also that incredible reunion in New Moon and the plane trip back home. Bella refusing to sleep, desperately suppressing any hope that Edward still loves her, but both being unable to keep their eyes off of each other.

I think it absolutely counts as romantic. But, it isn't flowery, fluffy romantic. It's a deeper form of romance. It is the romance of devotion, of fate. In those moments (though Bella doesn't truly realize it until later) they both recognize their heart's true home in the other. It's romance in it's purest form.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Jazz Girl wrote:I think it absolutely counts as romantic. But, it isn't flowery, fluffy romantic. It's a deeper form of romance. It is the romance of devotion, of fate. In those moments (though Bella doesn't truly realize it until later) they both recognize their heart's true home in the other. It's romance in it's purest form.
Ahh, you have a way with words. Those moments are so intense because the stakes are so high, and they both fear that the other one might still reject them. Thank God this gets resolved in the next chapter, or I would have exploded. I was still angry with Edward at this point, but I forgave him pretty quickly and felt bad he had to spend all those hours alone with his own thoughts while Bella slept.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Ina EssBe
Wandering Through Town

Post by Ina EssBe »

My favourite scene is after Bella wakes up as a newborn and sees Edward for the first time with her vampire eyes; and he looks hesitant and careful, and very slowly takes her hand or touches her cheek (i can't remember exactly), then they kiss, and he finally can kiss her with all his strength... oh man! I think it's so sexy and so romantic because everything else just disappears for them at that moment and Edward can finally be himself and they can be equal... - this moment just makes butterflies flutter in my stomach... :)
babynessie_18
Wandering Through Town

Post by babynessie_18 »

Every moment where Bella and Edward was together to me is romantic..

I just wanna add this, I don't think to you this is romantic.. But when Jasper was telling Bella his story and how he met Alice.. That to me is romantic, and the scene were he was teaching his family how to fight with the hewborns.. The scene were Alice and him were practicing, that is also romantic.. to me
-babynessie_18-
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Ina EssBe wrote:My favourite scene is after Bella wakes up as a newborn and sees Edward for the first time with her vampire eyes; and he looks hesitant and careful, and very slowly takes her hand or touches her cheek (i can't remember exactly), then they kiss, and he finally can kiss her with all his strength... oh man! I think it's so sexy and so romantic because everything else just disappears for them at that moment and Edward can finally be himself and they can be equal... - this moment just makes butterflies flutter in my stomach... :)
Oooh, yeah baby!
alicerosecullen285
Settled in Forks

Post by alicerosecullen285 »

BabyEsme2203 wrote:
'Isabella Swan?' He looked up at me through his impossibly long lashes, his golden eyes soft but, somehow, still scorching. 'I promise to love you forever--every single day of forever. Will you marry me?'
...I whispered, 'Yes.'
'Thank you,' he said simply. He took my left hand and kissed each of my fingertips before he kissed the ring that was now mine."

--Eclipse, pgs. 459-460

I LOVE THAT PART ITS SO SWEET!!!!! :D im sure a lot of agreen
It's definately my favorite!!! I cried the first time I read this part!!!<3
Twilight
The safest hour of the day...
Vivian
Settled in Forks

Post by Vivian »

In the meadow for the first time, when he tells her not to move, then he lays his cheek against her throat, moves down until his ear is on her chest....listening to her heart. I loved that.

This is from Midnight Sun.... the first night he goes to her room and she says his name in her sleep. He says "Can a cold silent heart beat again, because it feels like mine might" and also that he "drowned in her words for a long moment and when I resurfaced I was not the same man".
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

I've always thought that the ending - which I know many people hate - when Edward heard Bella's mind was just the icing on the cake of romance. All through the story he loved her and didn't understand why she loved him and he finally got to see why. I remember reading that for the first time and just gasping at how beautiful it was that he could finally see himself through her eyes.